Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks

Go down 
+33
Citanul
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Lari
journeyman
Grimmo
krokus
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Tur-Thalion
Dave the Boss
Ravenscraig
MetallicSeminarian
holydiver97595
mc666
Nico
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Smindas
Eyesore
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalhead777
Olafsto
DallasBlack
mlotek
JBall_Z
Metal Misfit
exact33
GrandNational
jstate
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:45 pm

So I was listening to Twisted Tower Dire's Crest Of The Martyrs which I thought was good enough. But then the last two bonus tracks blew me away. Found them so much more killer than anything else on the album.

Any other albums were the bonus stuff surpasses the actual album tracks?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Very interesting thread....the only one that's coming to mind is the the bonus track by Schaliach on their Sonrise re-issue called Purple Filter. The album itself is great with its melodic/atmospheric feel, but this track has way more balls imo than the songs from the original album (sounds a bit like what Extol would initially come out to be):

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Narnia-Can't Get Enough of you from the Japan version of Long Live the King

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Bonus track on the Japanese edition of 'Cross Purposes'
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Maybe not better, but every bit as good, on Angel Dust - Border of Reality, the bonus track Same Eyes.

I love that song.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Megadeth - United Abominations bonus tracks better than rest of the LP
Out on the Tiles (Led Zeppelin cover) , and Black Swan
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm

I just thought of a few Mortification tunes that should have been album tracks.

Butchered Mutilation that was added to Break the Curse:

Also the song Entering the Eternal Dawn on the Blood World re-issue as well is better than the other song, imo.

Last edited by GrandNational on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:31 pm

I actually liked the first three Dragonforce albums but Ultra Beatdown was too long and boring but one of the bonus tracks not only kills all songs on that album, but is also one of the best songs they've done:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:51 pm

This one:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 pm

while 90% of the time Paths of Possession are pretty medicore,the good songs they put out are melodic death metal gems.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:07 pm

mlotek wrote:

That's a superb cover. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

That's a superb cover. Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks 11840

Speaking of Megadeth, I thought 'Crown of Worms' was a kick-ass track that shoulda been on Youthanasia first time around.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Speaking of Megadeth, I thought 'Crown of Worms' was a kick-ass track that shoulda been on Youthanasia first time around.

I concur, great track
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I concur, great track
I agree as well. Was it even a bonus track initially? I had it as a b-side on a single, which is another baffling thing bands do, putting fantastic b-sides on singles that most fans won't buy. Weird.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I concur, great track
I agree as well. Was it even a bonus track initially? I had it as a b-side on a single, which is another baffling thing bands do, putting fantastic b-sides on singles that most fans won't buy. Weird.

It was a bonus on the Japenese version of Youthanasia, as well as the b-side to Train Of Consequences. But no, not in America.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Strange, I really never thought much of 'Crown of Worms' personally. Also, I think it would sound horrendously out of place on Youthanasia. It might have worked on Countdown, though.

On a Megadeth note, someone mentioned 'Black Swan' earlier, one of the offcuts from United Abominations, and I agree that it's a great track. It's rather infectious and certainly a cut above half the stuff that made the album. Similarly, and not quite a bonus track as such, it always puzzled me why 'New World Order' never made the album cut. Would've slotted in well on Youthanasia, I think.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:38 pm

The Psycho Circus bonus tracks are better than 1/2 the album!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Smindas wrote:
Strange, I really never thought much of 'Crown of Worms' personally. Also, I think it would sound horrendously out of place on Youthanasia. It might have worked on Countdown, though.

On a Megadeth note, someone mentioned 'Black Swan' earlier, one of the offcuts from United Abominations, and I agree that it's a great track. It's rather infectious and certainly a cut above half the stuff that made the album. Similarly, and not quite a bonus track as such, it always puzzled me why 'New World Order' never made the album cut. Would've slotted in well on Youthanasia, I think.

I like it alot, he wrote it with Sean Harris, it's got alot of that NWOBHM feel imo.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The Psycho Circus bonus tracks are better than 1/2 the album!!!!!!

Sonic Boom is the first "real" Kiss record since Revenge IMO. I still don't know what to make of Psycho Circus. Carnival Of Souls, while not bad, doesn't really strike me as "Kiss".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I concur, great track

It was a bonus on the Japenese version of Youthanasia, as well as the b-side to Train Of Consequences. But no, not in America.

Yea, I have it on a cd-single of Train...with a coupla live tracks on there too. I'm pretty sure it's on the remastered version of Youthanasia now though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Dunno if I'd go so far as to say that it's better than the album tracks, but the 2000 remaster of the Ramones' TOO TOUGH TO DIE has a killer bonus track on it called "Smash You" (originally a single B-Side) that makes an already awesome album even awesomer (is "awesomer" a real word?).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Quote :
(is "awesomer" a real word?).

It's a totally cromulent word.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
(is "awesomer" a real word?).

It's a totally cromulent word.

I'm all about embiggening my vocabulary.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I concur, great track

Yea, I have it on a cd-single of Train...with a coupla live tracks on there too. I'm pretty sure it's on the remastered version of Youthanasia now though.

They put it on Countdown, which while historically inaccurate, it sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Well, there are some really killer bonus tracks on Venom's At War With Satan re-issue, and I think that album has a little more filler in some places than the first two Venom albums. The bonus tracks are of course mostly singles they put out around the same time. "Dead of the Night" is pretty much my favorite Venom song, and I suppose I'd take "Warhead" or "The Seven Gates of Hell" over most, but certainly not all, of the songs on AWWS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next