Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks

Go down 
+33
Citanul
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Lari
journeyman
Grimmo
krokus
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Tur-Thalion
Dave the Boss
Ravenscraig
MetallicSeminarian
holydiver97595
mc666
Nico
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Smindas
Eyesore
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalhead777
Olafsto
DallasBlack
mlotek
JBall_Z
Metal Misfit
exact33
GrandNational
jstate
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Nico wrote:
Well, there are some really killer bonus tracks on Venom's At War With Satan re-issue, and I think that album has a little more filler in some places than the first two Venom albums. The bonus tracks are of course mostly singles they put out around the same time. "Dead of the Night" is pretty much my favorite Venom song, and I suppose I'd take "Warhead" or "The Seven Gates of Hell" over most, but certainly not all, of the songs on AWWS.
Venom has no killer tracks. sick
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:01 pm

so says the Def Leppard fan. Very Happy

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
so says the Def Leppard fan. Very Happy

Laughing very hard Good one Monty!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:51 am

I'm going to post in this thread when I think of all the covers I love Razz For now, consider this post filler, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 am

This album came on earlier while I was out shopping, made me remember how lame it was that these two tracks were bonus tracks:

Great tunes! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 am

I actually used the term "Spatial Architect" in a story called "A Deeper Kind of Cold," which is being published in an anthology this November. If anyone cares. Haha.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I actually used the term "Spatial Architect" in a story called "A Deeper Kind of Cold," which is being published in an anthology this November. If anyone cares. Haha.

I care! If you can, you should post it. I'd be interested in reading it.

And those are two great tracks, I agree.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I care! If you can, you should post it. I'd be interested in reading it.

And those are two great tracks, I agree.
Can't post it, sir, as it'll be coming out in an anthology called Epitaphs in November. It's a cool little sci-fi/horror tale. I think it's cool anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 83628 

Bumping this thread because I was thinking about this earlier.

I really like Ransom's debut. However, why on earth weren't "Sin Killer" and "Sticks and Stones" on the regular album? Those tracks annihilate!

Also, as good as Sardonyx's Majestic Serenity is, it has few tunes quite as good as those from Rebel of Reason.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 pm

This was the bonus track on Therapy?'s Semi-Detached album as well as a single b-side. It's called "Suing God," and in my opinion is one of the best songs they ever recorded.

I will say, it doesn't quite fit the vibe of Semi-Detached, but this song didn't belong as a bonus track/b-side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 am

Wasn't the track "Save Us" from Keeper Of The Seven Keys II originally a cassette & CD-only bonus track? If I'm remembering that correctly then that would be a definite candidate, the best song from Keeper II by far.

Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 am

Wasn't the track "Save Us" from Keeper Of The Seven Keys II originally a cassette & CD-only bonus track? If I'm remembering that correctly then that would be a definite candidate, the best song from Keeper II by far. wrote:

Bingo. I own that tape. That track is far better than "Rise and Fall" for instance, which is totally out of place on the album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:06 am

On Mercenary's Everblack there is a "bonus track" called "Nothing's What It Seems," which so far as I can tell is on all releases of the album so I'm not sure why it's called a bonus track.  Anyway, I do think it's better than a handful of songs that were considered proper album tracks and would have fit nicely in the rest of the mix and not just at the end (following an outro at the end of the previous song).

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:13 am

"Chasing Blue Sky" was the bonus track/B-Side on Queensryche's 'Hear In The Now Frontier' album and it's better than any other song on that album (and I like the album).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:30 pm

this started out as a bonus track on Reckless Loves first album...and should have been on the album instead of some of the other tracks...

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:32 pm

was def leppards "me and my wine" a bonus track or just an added track later?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"Chasing Blue Sky" was the bonus track/B-Side on Queensryche's 'Hear In The Now Frontier' album and it's better than any other song on that album (and I like the album).

Great song, but not better than everything else. "Hit the Black," "Anytime/Anywhere," and "Sp00l" are some of the best QR tunes around, I think. And I really love "All I Want." Kind of wish DeGarmo would put out a solo album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
was def leppards "me and my wine" a bonus track or just an added track later?

First it was a b-side, then added to the reissue when Phil joined the band.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Great song, but not better than everything else. "Hit the Black," "Anytime/Anywhere," and "Sp00l" are some of the best QR tunes around, I think. And I really love "All I Want." Kind of wish DeGarmo would put out a solo album.

Yeah, like I said I like that album...and there are a lot of good songs on it, including what you mentioned...I just think "CBS" is the best of the bunch.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:04 am

I've always felt Black Masses was the best song Mercyful Fate ever did. No earthly reason that shouldn't have been on Melissa.

I thought A House Divided was the best track on Megadeth's Super Collider.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:32 pm

I think Methademic and Naivete in Black from Sabbath's 13 I think are better than the rest of the album (which is stellar imo)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:45 pm

The 3 bonus tracks from the last TRIVIUM álbum (VENGEANCE FALLS) are better then other songs on the álbum. One is a cool MISFITS cover song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I think Methademic and Naivete in Black from Sabbath's 13 I think are better than the rest of the album (which is stellar imo)

I would say "as good as", not better. I like all the songs they recorded, the ones they chose for the album itself fit the mood of an old Sabbath record the best.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 6:04 am

GrandNational wrote:
I just thought of a few Mortification tunes that should have been album tracks.

Butchered Mutilation that was added to Break the Curse:

Also the song Entering the Eternal Dawn on the Blood World re-issue as well is better than the other song, imo.

Ah yes, fully agree, I have a version of Break The Curse with Butchered Mutilation on it as well. Not sure if my memory serves me correctly here; it's possible that Butchered ... was recorded later than the other tracks. I also have 2 versions of Post momentary Affliction, one of which also has Butchered Mutilation tacked on the end of it. Though Post Momentary was a much stronger album than Break the Curse, by my reckoning.

On a further note, I like the 2 bonus studio tracks on Megadeth's Supercollider better than a lot of the main tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks   Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonus Tracks That Are Better Than the Album Tracks
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next