Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)

Go down 
+22
ZombieHavoc
James B.
DeathCult
Vexer6
metalhead777
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
mlotek
brokentulsa
exact33
mikeinfla
80s Metal Lady
Rami Airola
Lari
corplhicks
Runicen
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
Hadley
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

"Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Empty
PostSubject: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 pm

What are some of your favorite B-sides and/or Bonus tracks? I really like the bonus discs of the most recent priest and sabbath albums for example, paticularly the songs Snakebite and Naivete in Black.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Helloween has had some great bonus material over the years. The song Madness Of The Crowds may be my favorite.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Hadley wrote:
What are some of your favorite B-sides and/or Bonus tracks? I really like the bonus discs of the most recent priest and sabbath albums for example, paticularly the songs Snakebite and Naivete in Black.

Both of those are great!

Here's some that I like:

The Iron Maiden Castle Records 2 disc reissues that had a massive quantity of b-sides and bonus tracks. Such as:

Overkill has some really cool bonus tracks too:

Testament has several good ones as well:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Def Leppard's Retroactive is one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

What version is that located on ? It's listed on the cd itself on my copy but is not on the cd at all.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

What version is that located on ? It's listed on the cd itself on my copy but is not on the cd at all.

It's on the Japanese Import and it's also on the Prosthetic Records reissue from 2008. That's the version I have.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:35 pm

The Snapper Records reissues of the W.A.S.P. catalog have loads of tasty b-sides and bonus cuts, my favorites being their cover of the Stones' "Paint It Black" (on the debut) and "Lake of Fools" and "War Cry" (on The Headless Children).

The Rhino Records remasters of the Ramones catalog are also packed to the gills with demos, b-sides, live versions and other goodies.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 pm

I don't know how this was first released in the States but in Europe it was a B Side to Creeping Death 12" single

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I know it's not metal, but this track always entertained the hell out of me.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

And just for Headbanger Man & Metal Seminarian

Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
And just for Headbanger Man & Metal Seminarian

Razz 

"Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) 499945 angry Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 pm

All great examples, especially the Iron Maiden tracks (I really, really want those reissues). As much as the mix suffers on the Priest reissues, I do enjoy a number of those bonus tracks.

Dream Theater never really could write a decent ballad, but this was an exception, and by far the most beautiful thing they've ever done:

Recorded during the Awake sessions, it was released with the Silent Man single in Japan.

Metal Church also has a couple of tracks released in Europe or Japan only that are as good as or better than the rest of the albums. Everyone here knows Big Guns from the debut; the others are Low to Overdrive from Hanging in the Balance and Remain Silent from the latest Generation Nothing (I can't find a clip of the latter but I have it and it really is awesome):

Also worth mentioning are the bonus tracks on the Angel Witch s/t reissue(s) and the Diamond Head white reissue.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:26 pm

I especially like two Savatage songs, "Stay" and "This Is Where You Should Be". Some of my favourites by the band.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:34 pm

007 wrote:
Helloween has had some great bonus material over the years. The song Madness Of The Crowds may be my favorite.

Wow, this is good!

As soon as the song started, I knew it must be something off The Dark Ride. That's a good record. Very dark and heavy for a Helloween album.
I really should buy it in my collection. I used to loan it from library quite often.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Was Women in Uniform a B Side/Bonus track in the U.S?

It was a modest hit single here.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:30 pm

It wasn't a b-side. It was a single a-side.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Maybe "non-album tracks" would be a better title for the topic? That way I could include Bruce Dickinson's Broken and Silver Wings, two songs that were only on the Best Of compilation.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:38 am

Runicen wrote:
I know it's not metal, but this track always entertained the hell out of me.

I was an almost obsessed Numan fan back in the day. I had to get every record I could find, and he had excellent B-side, but I always despised that song. My favorite B-Side of his is from the same era, though. "The Image Is" is also really good, also from I, Assassin.

Last edited by 80s Metal Lady on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 am

Running Wild

"Win Or Be Drowned"

"Hanged, Drawn And Quartered"

Both bonus tracks from Pile Of Skulls
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:39 am

Accept has had me confused these past couple albums. Both Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad had "bonus tracks..." that were never made unavailable anywhere. Why call them bonus tracks when they're not part of an exclusive edition?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:25 am

A couple of years ago a good friend of mine (RIP, he passed away last year  Sad  ) made me a compilation of the Iron Maiden B Sides. Some great stuff on it, some seems like filler (like Roll Over Vic Vella, which is a funny tune but once you hear it, you've heard it ya know). I've Got The Fire is probably the best B Side they have. I also enjoy their version of The Ripper with Blayze on vocals.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:32 am

Iron Savior does some great bonus tracks as does Sabaton.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm

one of my favorite bonus tracks was Jorn's version of the Bryan Adams song Run To You on the unlocking the past Japanese version...

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Reckless Love..Get Electric (Bonus Track)

Reckless Love Bonus track on the uk version is better the most of the songs on the Animal Attraction Album it was released on...
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Iron Maiden "Running Free" single 1980 B-side "Burning Ambition"(UK)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)   "Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Time to play B-Sides" (and bonus tracks!)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next