Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil

Go down 
+8
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
exact33
jstate
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Empty
PostSubject: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Every time I cut the lawn I grab my ipod and pick something to listen to. Its not always full albums, but on occasion while my ipod is on shuffle I'll hear a song I really like and decide to listen to the whole album. Todays album is.....

Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil 220px-Devillizzy2
"There Will Be Blood Tonight" – 3:56
"Hell Is for Heroes" – 5:11
"Deal with the Devil" – 3:45
"Zanzibar" – 6:26
"Lovin' You Is Murder" – 3:44
"We Only Come Out of Night" – 4:34
"Generation Landslide" (Alice Cooper Cover) – 4:44
"The World Is Mine" – 4:56
"State of Pain" – 2:56
"(This Ain't) the Summer of Love" (Blue Oyster Cult Cover) – 3:46
"Believe" – 5:19

I bought this a year or 2 ago. I never really gave it a listen. I really liked "Appointment With Death" and yesturday I was reading something about Lizzy Borden and people were saying how they liked "Deal With The Devil" more. I decided to give it a go today and see. After listening to it, I think I might have to agree. All the songs on this album really seem to flow pretty well into each other and the album is pretty consistent from one song to the next. The only time it sort of falls apart is the Alice Cooper Cover of "Generation Landslide", which isn't horribly bad but it just doesn't have with the original has and it seems kind of rushed. The other cover of the Blue Oyster Cult song "This Ain't The Summer Of Love" on the other hand I thought was done really well.

So in all this is a great album. I wish I would have listened to it sooner.

I give it headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger out of 5 head banging Eddies.

Anyone else have thoughts on this album?

Vol. 2 updated next lawn cutting. Razz

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I forgot to add that I think this is one of Lizzy's best vocal performances. Sometimes he goes a little over board with the off key backups and they don't always work. This album I think he did it perfect.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Great album. Hugely underrated IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

I can't cut the lawn without the ipod. My lawn cutting this weekend was to Primal Fear - Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

One day I was doing the eliptic at the gym and decided I was going to play some Lizzie Borden. I thought I had selected Visual Lies but I had actually clicked on Deal With The Devil. I'll admit I had completely forgotten I even had that album much less it being on my ipod. Needless to it has gotten constant plays since. I might even go as far to say it's my favorite Lizzy Borden. I like both covers and have thought about getting the Japanese version with the Scorpions cover as the bonus track.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I dont listen to music when i cut the lawn - i would cut off a limb or something if i did...

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:35 pm

jstate wrote:
I can't cut the lawn without the ipod. My lawn cutting this weekend was to Primal Fear - Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

One day I was doing the eliptic at the gym and decided I was going to play some Lizzie Borden. I thought I had selected Visual Lies but I had actually clicked on Deal With The Devil. I'll admit I had completely forgotten I even had that album much less it being on my ipod. Needless to it has gotten constant plays since. I might even go as far to say it's my favorite Lizzy Borden. I like both covers and have thought about getting the Japanese version with the Scorpions cover as the bonus track.

Maybe my next listen will be that Primal Fear album. I skimmed through it when I got it and haven't really played it since. I kind of got burnt out on them.

I think your right about "Deal With The Devil" being their best album.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:36 pm

I listen to whatever I feel like listening to at the moment when someone else is cutting my lawn. Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Have only run over the cord once. The worst is the neighbor guy who sneaks up and is suddenly standing there. And he has no conception to the idea that between the mower and headphones I can't hear him talking at me. It's annoying and creepy.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 pm

exact33 wrote:
I dont listen to music when i cut the lawn - i would cut off a limb or something if i did...

Hahaha The headphones I have, have a really long cord and I'm affraid of tripping on it or getting it caught on a branch or around the mower haha. That won't stop me from listening though. I listen to music whenever I do something. I always have the stereo going, uuuunless my father is around helping me with something. he hates my music haha.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I listen to whatever I feel like listening to at the moment when someone else is cutting my lawn. Razz

lol!

us redneck folks have to cut our own grass....

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Hahaha I don't mind cutting the lawn. I'd rather do it myself. Now raking the leaves is another story. I do that myself too but I'm always tempted to have someone else do it. haha

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

lol!

us redneck folks have to cut our own grass....

LOL! seriously what a moron.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Hahaha I don't mind cutting the lawn. I'd rather do it myself. Now raking the leaves is another story. I do that myself too but I'm always tempted to have someone else do it. haha

As long as I can afford it, I'll pay someone else to cut my grass. I weed the flowerbeds and do the mulching myself but the weekly chore of cutting/edging the lawn in 90+ degree heat belongs to someone else for as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 pm

there are plenty more:

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Love Lizzy Borden!!! I have only picked up "Visual Lies" and an EP thus far though.

I'll have to check into that album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 pm

When I listen to something doing the lawn, it varies. I hate doing the lawn but that's only because of the 100+ degree weather and over 90% humidity. I try to do it in the morning while it's in the mid to high 80s or high 90s in the evening but it's still freakin hot and humid. If it wasn't for how difficult it would be and the noise laws I'd do it after dark.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Great album! It's one of Lizzy's stronger efforts and I like it better than Appointment With Death.

I mow my lawn with a pair of these on: http://www.srstactical.com/communications/electronic-ambient-listening-headsets/msa-sordin-supreme-pro*x,-black/75302*x*02.html

I patch my ipod in using the aux jack. Makes the time fly by and also protects my hearing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 pm

I used to bing my mp3-player whenever I cut the lawn. But I never put full albums on it, just random tracks. These days I cut the lawn sans music, as the lawmover I have now is faster, and my daughter nicked my mp3-player.

This thread made me put on Lizzy Borden's "Visual Lies". I don't own .Deal With The Devil'.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Bought Deal With The Devil as a new release. Loved it then,love it now. Great stuff !

And I too listen to my ipod while cutting the lawn.It doesn't really get in the way on a riding mower and makes the 2 hour job go by a little quicker.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Would you stop putting a turd in yesterday! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:11 pm

My lawn is small enough that mowing it only takes 10 minutes each (front and back), which isn't enough time to listen to anything....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My lawn is small enough that mowing it only takes 10 minutes each (front and back), which isn't enough time to listen to anything....

Sure it is. You could listen to at least 4 Ramones songs in that time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Lucky. My dad's house is on a corner lot and mowing takes about 40 minutes in the front, 30 minutes in the back, and 40+ minutes for edging and weed eating (30 if I use the edger attatchment for the sidewalk areas but that hurts my shoulder-though most of the time I put up with it so I can get it done faster), then about 20 minutes to blow the grass off the walk and into the street (I let the wind do with it what it may because I'm too lazy to bag it up). I only do the full thing about every three weeks, othewise I just mow.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:17 pm

I used to mow my lawn when I lived in New Mexico - but I don't do that anymore now that I'm in AZ.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I used to mow my lawn when I lived in New Mexico - but I don't do that anymore now that I'm in AZ.

You do the "white gravel lawn" MB?

I've thought about doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil   Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music To Cut Your Lawn To Vol. 1: Lizzy Borden Deal With The Devil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next