Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iced Earth Cover

Go down 
+15
Joe
Smindas
MetalGuy71
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
Temple of Blood
DallasBlack
Nocturne
Stender
exact33
mc666
tohostudios
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Rex
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Iced Earth Cover Empty
PostSubject: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

New Iced Earth Cover Smaller
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

Not bad, not great. I have no idea what the album name means though.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:55 am

Rex wrote:
Not bad, not great. I have no idea what the album name means though.

dystopia - a society characterized by human misery, squalor, oppression, disease, and overcrowding
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 pm

I forgot, whose singing on this?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I forgot, whose singing on this?

According to Wikipedia it's Stu Block from Into Eternity.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:17 pm

not a big fan of their album art starting with The Dark Saga, including this one. hopefully the music will be a lot better.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

nice cover. I will give this one a chance with the new singer.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm

I think it dosnt look too bad. On the right side though there is this eye dectractent on the very top of the furthest skyscraper. I think the black part with the white windows could be dropped out and if the rest just meshed into a cloud or something like it does on the other side there would be more of a symetry..but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nocturne

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 pm

The glowing eyes of Set are the focal point and when you follow their gaze you are led to the humans below behind the barbed wire. I think it is really nice and an improvement over the last few covers, hopefully we can say the same about the music when it is released.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Nocturne wrote:
The glowing eyes of Set are the focal point and when you follow their gaze you are led to the humans below behind the barbed wire. I think it is really nice and an improvement over the last few covers, hopefully we can say the same about the music when it is released.

This! I know I liked the last two albums and defended them on this board, but I very rarely listen to them except a few songs here and there. In other words, good music but no staying power.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Stu has a lot of potential and is one of the best new singers around but needs to step up his game before he is ready to front a band like this IMHO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

The cover looks.... like another IE cover. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it with the new vocalist.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Godzilla Set Abominae!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Go Go Set-zilla!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm

I actually have always loved Iced Earth's album covers. From the beginning til now. This one is not an exception.

It's covers like those in the deathcore thread that make me leary. Not these.

For me I like the hand-drawn, but if it's gonna be computer generated - at least be creative for goodness sake!

You know who has the best album covers though? IMO - that's the European power metal bands. Seriously, that is true art my friends.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 pm

at least its not jon on the cover half nekkid...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm

I like the new album cover. Looks pretty cool to me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Cover looks pretty half-arsed to me, personally. But I'm very curious to hear this one. I thought Crucible was a massive disappointment, but I'm hoping that abandoning the Something Wicked concept as the definition of an album will lead to Jon writing good songs again. Of course, I'm also expecting to be proved wrong too.

EDIT: Fixed the grammar nonsense.

Last edited by Smindas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Smindas wrote:
Cover looks pretty half-arsed to me, personally. But I'm very curious to hear this one. I thought Crucible was a massive disappoint, but I'm hoping that abandoning the Something Wicked concept as the definition of an album will lead to Jon writing good songs again. Of course, I'm also expected to be proved wrong too.

that is a distinct possibility. I ma hopeful IE can turn out a great album but I am realistic though. Anthrax seems to have turned a corner so maybe IE can do it too..

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 pm

My atrocious use of grammar aside, I am very much hoping Iced Earth can pull something special out of the hat here. Still, I honestly feel this might be a nail in the coffin, for me at least.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Smindas wrote:
My atrocious use of grammar aside, I am very much hoping Iced Earth can pull something special out of the hat here. Still, I honestly feel this might be a nail in the coffin, for me at least.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Same here.

x3

My expectations are set real low.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Joe wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Same here.

x3

My expectations are set real low.

Mine aren't but that's because I really liked Sons Of Liberty (which was better than the last two IE album).s
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed Sons of Liberty too. Although, I haven't spun it in a while. I might have to dig that out. We'll see I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I really liked Sons Of Liberty (which was better than the last two IE album).s

Ditto. As far as I'm concerned, that's the pocket Jon should be shooting for with future I.E. material.

And I hope Into Eternity Guy leaves his growly voice at home when he steps up to the Iced Earth mic.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth Cover   New Iced Earth Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iced Earth Cover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next