Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show

Go down 
+25
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
corplhicks
Addy
stpatrik
Alex Dee Rokket
Rawk Hawk
Getizzyback
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
sheets
thejokeriv
Portharbor
chewie
manny
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
nevermore
mr.electric39
ultmetal
Troublezone
James B.
BillRoxx
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

That Metal Show - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 am

Queensryche (w/Todd LaTorre) announced on their Facebook a day or two ago that they're going to get their turn on the "That Metal Show" couch in the forthcoming season...they shoot their interview at the end of April.

Tate got to give his side of the story on "TMS" last year so it'll be interesting to see what the other camp has to say.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Queensryche (w/Todd LaTorre) announced on their Facebook a day or two ago that they're going to get their turn on the "That Metal Show" couch in the forthcoming season...they shoot their interview at the end of April.

Tate got to give his side of the story on "TMS" last year so it'll be interesting to see what the other camp has to say.

So glad to hear this; don't know if anyone saw the LA Guns back n forth last season but it was truly interesting and I think a good way to handle a major band dispute. Geoff did pretty good when he was on the show but still didn't satisfy my curiosity. Toddsryche deserve a shot at this too.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

So glad to hear this; don't know if anyone saw the LA Guns back n forth last season but it was truly interesting and I think a good way to handle a major band dispute. Geoff did pretty good when he was on the show but still didn't satisfy my curiosity. Toddsryche deserve a shot at this too.

I enjoy TMS but this seems like a little drama feeding the rumor machine personally. Considering the case of both LA Guns and Great White.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:50 pm

They've been pretty subdued with their comments so far. Unless Eddie Trunk can ask a few good questions, I doubt anything interesting will be said.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 pm

It's a gentleman's war. Watch them blame it on the media like Dokken did. Suuuuuure guys.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:
It's a gentleman's war. Watch them blame it on the media like Dokken did. Suuuuuure guys.

That's what i'm thinking. They might try to avoid questions.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Or be like Tracii Guns and call out the other guy with with some choice words. As wrong as that was, it was refreshing to see someone not be mild-mannered or label-spoken about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:30 pm

The rest of the guests for this upcoming season of "TMS" have been announced. Air dates have yet to be determined for each show, but apparently new eps will begin on June 1st. As usual, there's a couple of repeat guests (Lemmy, Dave Mustaine) and a couple of odd combinations....

Jake E. Lee/Rick Allen

Rex Brown/Sebastian Bach

Scott Gorham & Ricky Warwick (Thin Lizzy/Blackstar Riders)/Neil Fallon (Clutch)

Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser/Steve Whiteman & Brian Forsythe (KIX)

Jason Newsted/Lemmy

Scott Rockenfield and Todd LaTorre/Dave Mustaine

Tom Keifer/Rob Zombie & John 5

Joe Satriani/Corey Taylor and Jim Root (Slipknot/StoneSour)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Same ol, same ol (I'll still catch reruns though)

At least Traci gave Phil a thumbs up and called Riley out for his shenanigans. If I recall, Traci also took the high road and said it wasn't fair to fans having two versions of LA Guns
touring and stated he was done using that name ? I might be mistaken ?

I'd love to hear Scott R. as a guest drummer, though it's great to see him doing interviews. That is perhaps another contradiction coming from Tate's mouth.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Thank you for this, highly anticipated by myself. Overall...meh. Jake E. Lee is the highlight for me, as well as Lemmy and Jason. But yeah a lot of weird combos. Looks like pandora's box being opened by throwing Mustaine in with Ryche...Dave won't give them time to talk lol!! And having Bach on the show is always a pleasure. Still waiting for Eddie VH to show up...someday...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm

It would be a great marketing ploy to have "surprise" guests pop in every show.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

They've done that for the Top 5 segments a couple times, and I dug it, but yeah that would be a welcome element of surprise. Even better: Tate shows up at the Ryche taping.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Being all three dudes or Jer-zeeeee boys, why no Overkill

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

James B. wrote:
Being all three dudes or Jer-zeeeee boys, why no Overkill

They shoot the show in L.A. now. DD and Blitz did turn up on the show a couple of years back when it was still being shot in New York.

Besides, Overkill doesn't have anything new to pimp at the moment. Though it would be fun to see them show up with a "Stump the Trunk" question about obscure '70s New York punk singles or something Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 pm

From his website:

"We actually shot a quick segment for TMS in NYC yesterday with guest spots from Dee Snider, Bobby Blitz and Bumblefoot. You will see that in the new season."

So we may get a few minutes of Overkill. I do wish they would have another segment with DD and Blitz again; the last show was during the half-hour days; having them on for a full hour would be a riot. Bobby's the shit, funny as hell, and ridiculously down to earth.

And hands down the best thrash singer making it today (ok, besides Lemmy).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Rockenfield didn't when Trunk interviewed him on his radio show in Feb:

They didn't shy away from it when I met them last month either - just said that they wish it would have been different, but "GT was too far gone" (Eddie Jackson's actual words to me)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:18 pm

So did anyone watch this past weekends episode? I think they finally got a better format for the show. It could have just been Jason Newsted cause hes a talkative guy but the show just seemed to flow a lot better and they kept things going. I'm glad they got rid of that segments where they debate about the most dumbest things that no one cares about.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

some of us were talkin bout it in the 'I just watched this" in Gutterbox

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm glad they got rid of that segments where they debate about the most dumbest things that no one cares about.

What segments did they get rid of? I like the Top 5 and the album vs album segments they had. I assume those are what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

So did anyone watch this past weekends episode? I think they finally got a better format for the show. It could have just been Jason Newsted cause hes a talkative guy but the show just seemed to flow a lot better and they kept things going. I'm glad they got rid of that segments where they debate about the most dumbest things that no one cares about.

Yea, I watched it and I like the new format. I thought the show was getting kind of stale, but the new segments were refreshing. I'm interested in the show again. Jason was a good guest too.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I'm glad they got rid of that segments where they debate about the most dumbest things that no one cares about.

What segments did they get rid of? I like the Top 5 and the album vs album segments they had. I assume those are what you are talking about.

Yea they got rid of those it seems. Sorry, but that top 5 thing was just stupid. They would argue over the dumbest things and try to get the uninterested crowed into it. I'm glad its gone along with the other nonsense.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:39 am

Trunk annoys me too much to ever enjoy that show.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:47 am

I actually enjoyed the top 5, but only to a point. It did have a tendency to drag with them bickering and whining, and I spent ample time screaming at the TV whenever they left an artist out or picked someone who just didn't belong on whatever list it was. But it was fun hoping for my picks to get in there, especially when they had guests (not a fan of Tom Morello but he was dead on for the Sabbath list). Not going to miss this segment, overall.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Yea they got rid of those it seems. Sorry, but that top 5 thing was just stupid. They would argue over the dumbest things and try to get the uninterested crowed into it. I'm glad its gone along with the other nonsense.

That probably cut them because they've already debated all the mainstream metal albums everyone knows...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 pm

[quote="BillRoxx"]Thought I'd share this story cause it was pretty cool!

The wife and I got to go to yesterdays taping of two upcoming episodes of that Metal Show!

Episode 1 was a tribute to the Glam days of Hollywood and featured Michael Sweet, Taime Downe and Janie Layne! It was a very cool episode!

Episode 2 that taped is actually going to be the premiere show for this upcoming season and it was an honor to be there! We saw an hour long with Tony Iommi! This was so cool for me! My two favorite bands are Stryper and Black Sabbath! Plus I got to shake hands andmeet Tony Iommi (Briefly)

Guest guitarist was Phil Collen from Def Leppard who was very friendly and talked to everyone!

Biggest regret we forgot our camera! DOUGH!
[/quote

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmer!!!!!! Still, meeting Tony is a memory I'd love to have camera or not. TOTAL RESPECT (in caps) , brother Dio Dio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show   That Metal Show - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: