Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chickenfoot New Album Update

Go down 
+20
thejokeriv
tohostudios
mlotek
akeldama
Shawn Of Fire
arttieTHE1manparty
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
oldschooldoom
James B.
Ben Grimm
Wurthless
chewie
manny
Eyesore
BillRoxx
martinsane
ultmetal
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Well that's encouraging. I liked the first one and I'm seeing reviews that this new one is better than the debut. Maybe I'll be picking this up sooner than later.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I got the Cd/Dvd version the other day. It was only two bucks more than the basic one. The album is slightly better than the first one but still nothing all that great... I know that it's not a Satriani solo album, but they need to let Joe shine a little more.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Chickenfoot III is very, very good...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Looks like Chickenfoot is probably done. Kind of a shame, but I get what he's saying...

Quote :
CHICKENFOOT frontman Sammy Hagar has told RollingStone.com that he thinks the rock supergroup is finished making albums. The band, which also included ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and guitar hero Joe Satriani, has not made a CD in three years and Hagar doesn't see one in its future.

He explained, "I don't see any reason to make a new record… I mean, I love making music. But doing it on CHICKENFOOT's level means spending a half million on a record. We write and record for six months. It's a lot of work, and then to not sell many records, it's disappointing. I don't like being disappointed. I like winning."

Another example of poor return. Members of Aerosmith have made similar comments about recording again. As much as a hardship on younger bands to make a nickel, I think lots of older established bands are gonna start thinking the same way. Why spend a million for only a $50,000 return.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Why spend a million anyway?

Why does it cost a million dollars to make a rock album? A lot of time, sure ...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Why spend a million anyway?

Why does it cost a million dollars to make a rock album?  A lot of time, sure ...

I just pulled a random number outta my ass. I have no idea what it costs to record an album. Sammy said a half-a mil for Chickenfoot. I guess if you add in all the promotion and what-not, it adds up quick.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:05 pm

I get exactly what Sammy means, but you have to remember, he has an old-school mindset...he did not grow up in the Pro-Tools, make an album for $10k era. If he had, he'd have a different take on everything.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Doesn't Sammy foot the bill for pretty much everything in Chickenfoot? He's a gazillionaire so he can afford it, but I remember reading an interview where he said he basically pays for everything so he can tour with his friends.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Doesn't Sammy foot the bill for pretty much everything in Chickenfoot?  He's a gazillionaire so he can afford it, but I remember reading an interview where he said he basically pays for everything so he can tour with his friends.

He can do that without having to put out another Chickenfoot album though. He goes out every night with the Warboritas or whatever they call themselves and plays Montrose, Van Halen, Chickenfoot, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley or whatever the hell he wants.

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 5:45 pm

If you have the material written and arranged prior to entering the studio there is no excuse for it to take 6 months. Unless your band is only marginally talented and it takes 500 takes of every song to get an acceptable performance. Which in the case of Chickenfoot is definitely not the case, they are all pros.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
If you have the material written and arranged prior to entering the studio there is no excuse for it to take 6 months.  Unless your band is only marginally talented and it takes 500 takes of every song to get an acceptable performance. Which in the case of Chickenfoot is definitely not the case, they are all pros.

Sammy Hagar is the Jimmy Buffet of hard rock. He does everything on "beach time". 6 months is being generous. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Best of + Live album coming March 10th...
Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Chickenfootbestofcd
"Best + Live" track listing:
CD1 – Best Of

01. Divine Termination (brand new song)
02. Soap On A Rope
03. Sexy Little Thing
04. Oh Yeah
05. Get It Up
06. Future In The Past
07. Big Foot
08. Different Devil
09. Lighten Up
10. Dubai Blues
11. Something Going Wrong

Bonus Live Tracks:
12. Highway Star
13. Bad Motor Scooter
14. My Generation

CD2 - Live

01. Avenida Revolution
02. Sexy Little Thing
03. Soap On A Rope
04. My Kinda Girl
05. Down The Drain
06. Bitten By The Wolf
07. Oh Yeah
08. Learning To Fall
09. Get It Up
10. Turnin' Left
11. Future In The Past

Live performance of a new song...

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 8:01 pm

What's the deal with these guys? It's almost like Hagar doesn't wanna work with Satch. First the excuse was Chad was busy with RHCP then Hagar got Bonham from BCC and MA and did a live album among other projects and Satch has both Smith and Glenn Hughes on his upcoming solo album.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 3:35 am

Quote :
What's the deal with these guys? It's almost like Hagar doesn't wanna work with Satch. First the excuse was Chad was busy with RHCP then Hagar got Bonham from BCC and MA and did a live album among other projects and Satch has both Smith and Glenn Hughes on his upcoming solo album.

Hagar apparently called Satriani recently and told him that he is devoting 2018 to Chickenfoot, so I bet we'll hear some more from them next year. That "best and live" album was disappointing because they didn't include anything from Chickenfoot III on the live album. It was all stuff from the first album, and they already released a live album of that material.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Sammy just seems like such a go-with-the-flow kinda guy that if the opportunity comes up that they can get together and record a new Chickenfoot album, they will. If not, well, he'll just play elsewhere with whomever. All 4 members are still quite busy and active with other projects. None of them seem to be sitting around waiting for a call.

I'd welcome a new album next year or whenever.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 pm

I just read that Sammy is going to be 70 this Friday (Oct. 13)!! Holy Red Rocker, Batman!! He's older than my dad!

PostSubject: Re: Chickenfoot New Album Update   Chickenfoot New Album Update - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chickenfoot New Album Update
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3