Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard New Album Update

Go down 
+16
Spiner202
Dellocatus
ultmetal
Wargod
Planchaaaa
Metal Misfit
stella
tohostudios
stormspell
exact33
speed101
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

White Wizzard New Album Update Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Another one to add to the list of awesome September releases...cool cover too

Quote :
Los Angeles traditional heavy metal act WHITE WIZZARD will release its new album, "Flying Tigers", on September 19 via Earache Records. The CD features twelve new tracks and expands on the band's traditional heavy metal blueprint, with songs ranging from fist-pumping NWOBHM-style anthems, through the arena rock power of "Starchild", to a six-track epic concept piece featuring science-fiction and philosophical elements tied together with a progressive vibe.

"Flying Tigers" features the core WHITE WIZZARD lineup of bassist, songwriter and founding member Jon Leon, drummer Giovanni Durst and studio vocalist Wyatt Anderson, who featured on the band's debut album, "Over The Top". The album was once again recorded with producer Ralph Patlan in Phoenix, Arizona.

"Flying Tigers" track listing:

01. Fight To The Death
02. West L.A. Nights
03. Starchild
04. Flying Tigers
05. Night Train to Tokyo
06. Night Stalker
07. Fall of Atlantis
08. Blood on the Pyramids
09. Demons and Diamonds
10. Dark Alien Overture
11. War of the Worlds
12. Starman's Son

White Wizzard New Album Update Wizzardflying

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Love the album cover and I hope the music doesn't dissapoint.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Looking forward to this release.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I am not sure who is doing vocals on this - it's either going to be Wyatt Anderson or Mikey Gremio. Last I heard from Mikey, he was replacing Wyatt's vocals but I am not sure. Either way, I will definitely pick this up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I just hope I'm able to afford it (or any CD) when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Nice!Looking forward to it.

A little something to point out, Over the Top was not the debut.High Speed GTO was.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am not sure who is doing vocals on this - it's either going to be Wyatt Anderson or Mikey Gremio. Last I heard from Mikey, he was replacing Wyatt's vocals but I am not sure. Either way, I will definitely pick this up.

Quote :
studio vocalist Wyatt Anderson, who featured on the band's debut album

If some of the comments on Blabbermouth are to be believed, Wyatt is on the album, but Mikey will be touring/performing the songs live, and rather poorly at that (according to them anyway).

Sounds kinda weird to me. Sorta bait-and-switch tactics ain't it? I personally liked the ep High Speed GTO better than the full album, but I'd certainly give this new one a chance.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Quote :
studio vocalist Wyatt Anderson, who featured on the band's debut album

If some of the comments on Blabbermouth are to be believed, Wyatt is on the album, but Mikey will be touring/performing the songs live, and rather poorly at that (according to them anyway).

Sounds kinda weird to me. Sorta bait-and-switch tactics ain't it? I personally liked the ep High Speed GTO better than the full album, but I'd certainly give this new one a chance.

I saw them live with Mikey and he did both the Wyatt stuff and Luna tracks just fine, so as usual Blabbermouth commenters are morons. The issue with Wyatt is he doesn't want to tour and lives in Florida which means that White Wizzard has to do something else with the vocals. Let's face it though, this is Jon Leon's band and he does what he wants. Everybody else is a hired gun.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Im very interested in hearing this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:34 am

This will be mine!!

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:06 am

I guess I'm going to be famous after sueing WW for stealing our artwork ideas:

White Wizzard New Album Update FV-350
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 pm

It's been confirmed that Wyatt Anderson is singing on this release and Mikey Gremio will be their touring vocalist.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm

stormspell wrote:

Wow, that sure looks "similar" to say the least.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm

yep. it sure does...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

stormspell wrote:

Don't think of it as stealing. It's more of a "tribute" to you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Razz

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 pm

I am an aviation buff and the only similarity on that Fatal Violence cover is the shark teeth on a plane. The White Wizzard cover is an authentic p-40 and they actually called the album Flying Tigers which is the name of the fighting group from WW2 that used those planes and imagery. Looks like a song is written on the subject as well, which should be interesting. The idea of the mascot of the band in a p-40 is a cool one. Both cool covers but not so similar to be something anyone should rant about suing the band over. I doubt they have even seen this cover before, as I collect vinyl and 80's metal and I have only first seen that cover or heard about this band just now reading this. Again both covers are great artwork though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 pm

White Wizzard New Album Update Small_Marlon-Brando-yellling-Stella
STELLA!!!

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Cute.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

New song, pretty good, gives me hope for the new album. The debut was okay but didn't thrill me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Kinda weak for a lead off single isn't it? Not a bad song, but is this the best representation of the new album? Sounds a little more AOR than NWOBHM. Maybe something more upbeat to grab your attention would be more appropriate.

I'll still be picking this up, regardless, but I think this song is lame for a lead-off single.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I like it. Good song!

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Kinda weak for a lead off single isn't it? Not a bad song, but is this the best representation of the new album? Sounds a little more AOR than NWOBHM. Maybe something more upbeat to grab your attention would be more appropriate.

I'll still be picking this up, regardless, but I think this song is lame for a lead-off single.

Very Happy Does it really matter what they pick as a single? Are they going to get any radio play? I honestly don't know why band's even bother to say "this is our new single". No one's playing it, so who cares.

I like it a lot. The debut was a retro bore but this gives me hope.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am

Stella, dude, relax... no one is going to sue nobody. Just funny coincidence worth a laugh, that's all.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Very Happy Does it really matter what they pick as a single? Are they going to get any radio play? I honestly don't know why band's even bother to say "this is our new single". No one's playing it, so who cares.

Well, in that context, no, not at all. Noone's playing this on the radio so calling it a lead-off single is probably the wrong phrasing. But you understand what I'm saying. If you had no knowledge of this band and 'Starchild' was your introduction to the band, you might get the wrong impression of what this band really sounds like. This song is too slow and melodic rock-ish for a band that is riding the old-school heavy metal wave.

Hey who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and the whole album sounds like this. Maybe they've changed direction like they change band members. And the debut was not a retro bore. Razz

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Which "debut" are you referring to? Do you mean the Over The Top or High Speed GTO? Not that it matters because both were excellent. Starchild is in keeping with some of their longer, more melodic numbers like the track White Wizzard. I like it but it's probably not representative of the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard New Album Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next