Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Distortion New Album Update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Social Distortion New Album Update Empty
PostSubject: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 am

Social Distortion New Album Update SD_album_with_tag_homepage

Looking forward to it. It's been too long since new material from these cool cats. Love these guys!! They are performing live on Jimmy Kimmel tonight (12/6) too

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:20 am

New single. Dig it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 am

Love this guys, I have not kept up with their career the last few years, glad to see they are still recording
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:08 pm

I saw them back in October, opening up for Pearl Jam. I went specifically to see them(I'm not a PJ fan). I was hoping to hear a new tune or 2, but nothing. They played a "greatest hits" type set-list. Nothing new. Still awesome though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:44 pm

That sounds great. Always up for some new Social D. I knew they were touring, didn't know a new album was coming.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 pm

New song sounds great. Always loved their "down and out" lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 pm

I cannot believe tonight was the first time they've ever performed on TV. That's absurd. Such a brilliant band.

Social Distortion New Album Update MeMikeNess-1

That's from 1999, Mike's solo tour, right before me and the other dude shipped off to Korea.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Grrrr, forgot they were on. Oh well, here it is...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 pm

They did 'Story of My Life' too...

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Not a huge fan but I enjoy the greatest hits I have.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Saw them on JKL last night. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Double Bump...

One, I'm seeing these guys tomorrow night, opening for the Foo Fighters.

Two, the album is finally starting to grow on me.

I was really disappointed when I first got it. Something was missing. My initial thought was that either Mike Ness was newly sober or he was in love. The album is a little too "uplifting" for Social Distortion. If you know anything about them, their albums have always been full of piss & vinegar.

This one still has their unmistakable sound and overall it's not a bad album, but not the classic I was hoping for after not releasing anything for so long. But it has improved since it's release.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Double Bump...

One, I'm seeing these guys tomorrow night, opening for the Foo Fighters.

Two, the album is finally starting to grow on me.

I was really disappointed when I first got it. Something was missing. My initial thought was that either Mike Ness was newly sober or he was in love. The album is a little too "uplifting" for Social Distortion. If you know anything about them, their albums have always been full of piss & vinegar.

This one still has their unmistakable sound and overall it's not a bad album, but not the classic I was hoping for after not releasing anything for so long. But it has improved since it's release.
I felt the same way about the last one. In the end, I simply came to understand that Mike isn't so angry anymore. Older, wiser, happier. And it reflects in the music now.

Still, these last two albums are still very good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

Quote :
I felt the same way about the last one. In the end, I simply came to understand that Mike isn't so angry anymore. Older, wiser, happier. And it reflects in the music now.

We can't all stay angry, young men forever I guess. Mad

If that's the new directions he's going with the band, so be it. It's an adjustment I can live with I suppose. Hard Times... is turning out to be very good the more I listen to it.

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion New Album Update   Social Distortion New Album Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social Distortion New Album Update
Page 1 of 1