Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax Track available as free download

Go down 
+34
Lurideath
chewie
Rex
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
Troublezone
SpectreFate
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
MetalH
nevermore
manny
thejokeriv
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
exact33
mlotek
Cognitive Dissonance
Eyesore
Leatherface
MoonChild
Joe
shamgar75
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Tur-Thalion
Nico
tul
GrandNational
adrian
ultmetal
Witchfinder
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 pm

It's Anthrax. I'll buy it. Belladonna back in the band is definitely a perk though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:55 pm

^^^ Yeah, that's how I feel. But I said that about the new Morbid Angel, and now I have a nifty new beer coaster. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Pretty damn good track, sounds natural. And I have to say I wasn't really expecting much out of a new album but now I'm looking forward to it. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about here was the streamlined chorus, hopefully that's not a constant on the album
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm really glad they got Joey back in the band. That album they did with Dan Nelson was destined to be a disaster and very un-Anthrax. They need to just keep this lineup together and bow out gracefully.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I finally got to hear this on my surround sound and holy crap, this song kicks a$$! Sounds a little like Sound of White Noise and every album before that. If the rest of the album is as good as this song this will be my favorite release of 2011. fingers are crossed.

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Sound Of White Noise is one of my favorites actually, regardless of era. It's one seriously meaty monster of an album. Heavy as hell.

This tune is real good, it gets better with each listen (a good sign always). It sounds like it could have come out between Persistence Of Time and White Noise stylistically. In other words, what they probably would have sounded like if Joey hadn't left in the first place.

The lead guitar is a little too low in the mix, that's the only quibble.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Sound is my fav as well. That was when I really became a fan of Anthrax.

I'm not sure if this version of the song was mastered or anything when this was released because the next day (I believe) they said they were mastering the album. So maybe that guitar will be louder. Either way this still sounds awesome.

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm

It's probably just a rough mix, prior to the final and the mastering process. Sounds good though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Sound Of White Noise is one of my favorites actually, regardless of era. It's one seriously meaty monster of an album. Heavy as hell.

This tune is real good, it gets better with each listen (a good sign always). It sounds like it could have come out between Persistence Of Time and White Noise stylistically. In other words, what they probably would have sounded like if Joey hadn't left in the first place.

The lead guitar is a little too low in the mix, that's the only quibble.

Joey is nowhere near the vocalist that John Bush is, Bush sang this song with brash pair of balls, if Joey was on it, I know for one I wouldn't have liked the album as much
Back to top Go down

New Anthrax Track available as free download
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4