Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax Track available as free download

Go down 
+34
Lurideath
chewie
Rex
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
Troublezone
SpectreFate
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
MetalH
nevermore
manny
thejokeriv
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
exact33
mlotek
Cognitive Dissonance
Eyesore
Leatherface
MoonChild
Joe
shamgar75
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Tur-Thalion
Nico
tul
GrandNational
adrian
ultmetal
Witchfinder
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

New Anthrax Track available as free download Empty
PostSubject: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Go to anthrax.com to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Downloading now!

What did you think?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Downloading now!

What did you think?

It's very good. Sounds very old school. Chorus is maybe a bit strange but all of a sudden I am excited for this album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Yeah sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 pm

I liked it. Hard to find a fault with the song.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: like it   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:51 pm

I like it and I am not the biggest Anthrax fan. I will give the new album a try.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Downloading now!

What did you think?

It's very good. Sounds very old school. Chorus is maybe a bit strange but all of a sudden I am excited for this album.

Yeah man, I agree with that. I saw a live performance of the song on YouTube several days ago and I was really impressed, thought it sounded like Anthrax for sure. Upon hearing the studio version, I thought the chorus sounded almost pop-punky mainly because of the lead guitar work going on in the background (or is it just me?) Nevertheless, that part of the song is still entertaining because of the way Joey sings it. Smile So, I am slightly skeptical but overall pretty excited about this record. Anthrax was my favorite band when I first started getting into metal about a decade ago and they've always held a special place in my heart. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Nico wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Downloading now!

What did you think?

Yeah man, I agree with that. I saw a live performance of the song on YouTube several days ago and I was really impressed, thought it sounded like Anthrax for sure. Upon hearing the studio version, I thought the chorus sounded almost pop-punky mainly because of the lead guitar work going on in the background (or is it just me?) Nevertheless, that part of the song is still entertaining because of the way Joey sings it. Smile So, I am slightly skeptical but overall pretty excited about this record. Anthrax was my favorite band when I first started getting into metal about a decade ago and they've always held a special place in my heart. headbanger

I like the song quite a bit. Very impressed actually. There is definitely something non-thrashy about the chorus that I can't quite put my finger on. I didn't think pop-punk though. For some reason I thought more power metal ish, actually. I think the chorus is pretty cool though.

Last edited by Tur-Thalion on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Power metal, yeah that actually makes a little more sense haha. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 pm

All I see is a box in the middle of the web page with some kind of error message in it. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
All I see is a box in the middle of the web page with some kind of error message in it. Sad
Try a different browser, I use Internet Explorer and that happened to me so I tried Firefox and it worked
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Quick, to the YouTube mobile!!!

I've actually listened to this song quite a lot today since it's the only new Anthrax I have access to so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for the YouToobage! Track sounds pretty good... and that's sayin something coming from me, who had no expectations for this album whatsoever. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Like it! New Anthrax Track available as free download 25679
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Just downloaded - gonna check it out
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Not bad at all. Can't wait to hear more!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Like it! New Anthrax Track available as free download 25679

Me too! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 am

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 5:56 am

Good tune. Although that break before the solo is terrible. I wonder if this isn't representative of the album. Isn't this the only new song we've been hearing for like five years now? Seems like they may be trying to pull in the old fans. It would have been cooler to release a song no one has heard yet.

Guess we'll see, right?
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:46 am

http://media.nuclearblast.de/download/gratisdownload/gratis/index.php?link_codeeingabe=Anthrax-fightemtillyoucant

Enter code VmPYP

I had the same problem with my browser-hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 am

Like it, chorus sounds alright too. I didn't think it was pop punk, but maybe it is.
The chorus reminded me more of the style off the second album, like the song Medusa, but even more melodic.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 am

I have to say I am surprised. I like this and I didnt think I would..

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah, sounds a bit like something from "Persistence". Was better than I was expecting. Not amazing but pretty good.

Not sure about the midsection "melodic" part though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:08 am

I dig it, but that shouldn't be too surprising. There hasn't been an Anthrax release I didn't like.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax Track available as free download   New Anthrax Track available as free download Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am

Pretty good - very melodic, sounds very punk-like at times - I'll pick up the new album, any Anthrax with Bellladonna usually kicks ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down

New Anthrax Track available as free download
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next