Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica do a private show for a corporation

Go down 
+19
Olafsto
Nico
tul
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Troublezone
manny
Cognitive Dissonance
Fat Freddy
Smindas
rawr!
exact33
Eyesore
Sutekh
The_Jayroh
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Stender wrote:
I think a gig is a gig.

But real talk for a sec, Cliff died 20 some years ago. When has a bass player of a 4 piece band ever had a say in anything regarding the direction of that bands sound? He was just a guy, Metallica would have changed despite if he was alive today or not.

I agree. I see the "Cliff would never have let this happen" argument all the time when it comes to Metallica. They never would've cut their hair, they never would've done the black album, they never would've worked with a symphony, sued Napster, etc, etc.

The fact is Lars & James run Metallica. No one else. As "real" as people think/say Cliff was, he would've either gone along (like Kirk does) or gotten out (like Jason did).
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Stender wrote:
I think a gig is a gig.

But real talk for a sec, Cliff died 20 some years ago. When has a bass player of a 4 piece band ever had a say in anything regarding the direction of that bands sound? He was just a guy, Metallica would have changed despite if he was alive today or not.

I agree. I see the "Cliff would never have let this happen" argument all the time when it comes to Metallica. They never would've cut their hair, they never would've done the black album, they never would've worked with a symphony, sued Napster, etc, etc.

The fact is Lars & James run Metallica. No one else. As "real" as people think/say Cliff was, he would've either gone along (like Kirk does) or gotten out (like Jason did).

An excellent point. Also, Stender, was that a well-veiled bassist joke in there? lol!

Also, the rest of y'all should try and be a bit more polite to each other; I know this is a Metallica thread, but geez, this is starting to look like a metalcore thread on the Metal Archives forums!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Stender wrote:
I think a gig is a gig.

An excellent point. Also, Stender, was that a well-veiled bassist joke in there? lol!

Also, the rest of y'all should try and be a bit more polite to each other; I know this is a Metallica thread, but geez, this is starting to look like a metalcore thread on the Metal Archives forums!

Hahaha...no way man! I play bass. Smile

Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 am

Stender wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Stender wrote:
I think a gig is a gig.

Hahaha...no way man! I play bass. Smile

All the more reason to make a joke! Wink I kid, of course. I used to play bass, but I never ended up getting very good, so I stuck where I had potential.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:00 am

To Rawr - I understand your point completely. I just don't agree. I don't see how music, which is entertainment, can at all be compared to surgeons who do- or do not perform abortions, or how they do it. It sounds freakin' ridiculous if you ask me. propaganda? What the hell are you talking about? Oh wait, yes I know what you are talking about, it's just way too extreme and illogical. You come across like this - "I know you don't care, I'm just going to leave you alone, because I know better, you're just too narrow-minded to see the big picture" - I've used this before as well, but in political and other serious discussions - this is MUSIC, for christ's sake. Yeah, you cannot deny that music is a business, but Metallica are in a situation where they can do whatever they want, so spare me the "Music is also serious, all the labels just wanting to sell more, making bands sell out" speech. Metallica are not in any way promoting propaganda, nor are they making any statement - they're just playing a show! Now, this is going to be my last post of this discussion, because I simply think your points are too ridiculous to discuss any further. You go ahead and be all dramatic and see the world as one big, evil, conspiracy-filled place. I'll be bangin' my head to some Metallica in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 am

Quote :
Metallica are not in any way promoting propaganda, nor are they making any statement - they're just playing a show!

Exactly...this whole thread is ridiculous.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am

Neo Nazi's, abortions, danicng bears, and God knows what else will come up, this thread has become absurd, and it is now locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica do a private show for a corporation   Metallica do a private show for a corporation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica do a private show for a corporation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3