Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica LIVE

Go down 
+12
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
kalrawk
mc666
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
krokus
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:46 am

Hello,

To me, Metallica are kicking ass live again. James' voice is back in shape, especially on some particular "...And Justice for All" performances. Trujillo is tight as always. Kirk Ripps! Lars is Lars.

...But there is something that annoys me quite much...the TUNING!
Ok, well, I don't mind them going have a step down, and stuff...but...I have heard a lot of guitar playing with the same tuning that sound a lot better. I don't know, but especially when they end a riff, it really sounds like the batteries of their amps are dying...it's a shame, because everything else kicks ass! ...I don't know, maybe it just comes out that way in the recordings?

You will have to appreciate, that I don't know much (if anything) about guitars lol!

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:48 am

yeah i have seen metallica twice in the last two years and they kicked major butt.

however i have numerous bottlegs from their early years and the performance is much better back in the day sounding way way hungry.

still i am not complaining because metallica was my first metal show and they blew us all away
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:52 am

I saw yesterday the dvd documentary SOME KIND OF A MONSTER again and it make me wanna listen to new stuff by the band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:56 am

krokus wrote:
I saw yesterday the dvd documentary SOME KIND OF A MONSTER again and it make me wanna listen to new stuff by the band.

i actually enjoyed watching that film a lot when it was on tv. i should buy the dvd really. i am listeninng to reload for some reason. i also like st.anger - it is a step in he right direction away from alt rock towards heavier stuff

i am very annoyed. megadeth are playing a tiny club show near where i live but it is sold out i am very smurfed
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:32 am

TheGooch wrote:
i am very annoyed. megadeth are playing a tiny club show near where i live but it is sold out i am very smurfed

megadeth are playing a small club near mine and i got tickets Smile its gonna be awesome
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:50 am

TheGooch wrote:
krokus wrote:

i actually enjoyed watching that film a lot when it was on tv. i should buy the dvd really.

I enjoyed that movie as well, it did go a long way towards explaining why ST. ANGER turned out to be such a mess, that's for sure.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 am

haven't seen Metallica live since they toured for the self titled album.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 am

mc666 wrote:
haven't seen Metallica live since they toured for the self titled album.

Me neither. I actually saw'em twice on that tour and I didn't even like that album all that much. I remember buying tickets for the second show and thinking "Nah, I'm not a fanatic or anything..." Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kalrawk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:21 am

Last time i saw Metallica live was in 1988 where they went on tour to support ...And Justice for All... in Battle Creek, Mi... man, i am old!!! i plan to see them live next year, hopefully!!!

Metallica RAWKS! \,,/!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:38 am

I hope they're doing better live. I heard a live version of Seek And Destroy some years back and it sounded like crap.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:45 pm

I haven't seen Metallica live since they headlined Lollapalooza on the Load tour.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:33 pm

The last time I saw Metallica live was when they played a free show in Philadelphia. I was working at the arena where they played in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure it was around the time of Load. I do remember that it was after they had all cut their hair and I'm looking down to the stage saying "Who are those guys?"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Although I'm only a fan of their 80s albums, Metallica put on good shows live from what I've seen, up to and including the s/t album (a.k.a. "The Black Album").

Around the time Load came out, though, they started putting on horrible shows live. I'm guessing their horrible new sound had a lot to do with it.

Metallica actually came to my area when I was three years old. I doubt they will come back here again. Either way, I don't think I would go see a Metallica concert nowadays, as they have sucked live (and in the studio) for years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Load and Reload kick ass!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Strike three.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Strike three.

lol!

You meddling kids!angry
Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Man, I really dig Load and Reload. As they are, they're very solid albums.
Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Load and Reload stink!
Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I admit they have their moments. They really suffer from being released under the "Metallica" name. It already gives the listener an unrealistic expectation.
Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I admit they have their moments. They really suffer from being released under the "Metallica" name. It already gives the listener an unrealistic expectation.
Exactly. I've always said they should have released them under a different name. I mean, even St. Anger is closer in style to their older stuff (though that's sad in and of itself). I still can't believe St. Anger can't be bought for $0.25 in used bins. I'd buy it for $1. That thing still sells for $10 and up. Unreal.
Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:01 pm

I agree. As much as it was hated, it took me forever to get it through my Lala queue. Luckily the guy sent me the whole digipak and not just the CD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:39 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Strike three.

lol!

You meddling kids!angry

You're just jealous cuz I beat you to that one Laughing

But seriously... LOAD and RELOAD each have a couple of decent tracks on 'em. If you put them all together on one CD you would have enough for a pretty good album... however, ST. ANGER still stinks worse than a fish market in the middle of an August heat wave.

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:38 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

megadeth are playing a small club near mine and i got tickets Smile its gonna be awesome

i actually hate you
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree. As they are, they're not entirely bad albums. They just aren't Metallica albums in the classic sense. It's probably been a few years since I've listend to either one, but all the releases up to ...Justice get fairly regular spins for me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:49 am

i listened to load reload and st.anger today already and they are not bad albums at all. the band who released them is the problem. i mean the name metallica makes you think of the classics.

i just hope the new album is up to scracth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metallica LIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica LIVE   Metallica LIVE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica LIVE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next