Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler solo album...

Go down 
+11
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
troublemagnet
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Addy
manny
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Wow! Tyler get your head out of your ass and start playing some heavy rock. Nobody wants to hear you doing this American Idol pop/country crap. Shoot, if you were a contestant on that stupid show you wouldn't have made it to the first round.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:11 pm

I personally don't think it's a stupid show(Chris Daughtry was a pretty good singer) but i'm not liking Tyler's album that much, country is not what I want to hear from him. I didn't mind the duet on this last Aerosmith album, but an entire country album? No thank you, I didn't like it when Ron Keel went country and changed his name to Ronnie for several years, and I don't care for Steven's new direction.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:53 am

Vexer6 wrote:
I personally don't think it's a stupid show(Chris Daughtry was a pretty good singer) .

Bo Bice was better.......

He is the only one that covered a Badlands song on that show. I haven't watched it in years, though. Good thing he lost(to Carrie Underwear). That AI ballad he had to sing was horrendous!

EDIT:
Looks like he sang songs from The Black Crowes, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band, too. Now I remember why I liked that guy!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:38 am

glassprison wrote:
Even as someone who likes a fair amount of pop music, including this country-pop style, I find this song to be just mediocre. Steven's voice sounds great as usual, but the songwriting is unimpressive.

That's the thing. This song (and I'm guessing the whole album) will sound like mediocre, bland modern pop-country music. With studio-backed songwriters and studio musicians, it will be generic music just waiting for a lead singer to add his or her vocals. This stuff could've been written for anyone and with the proper promotion, made into a hit.

For Steven Tyler, it just sounds so desperate. He's begging to be accepted by the modern country audience.

No thanks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 am

Has anyone heard to Steven's solo album yet? It's very uneven in my opinion. Some of it is simply unlistenable. But then there is a song like this, which, to my ears, has more of a classic Aerosmith vibe to it than anything on the band's last album:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler solo album...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3