Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler solo album...

Go down 
+11
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
troublemagnet
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Addy
manny
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Steven Tyler solo album... Empty
PostSubject: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 am

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004Y52H3A

Sounds like "Just Push Play" Aerosmith.

I wish those guys would just get it together and release a freaking' scorcher of a rock and roll record instead of dicking around with all this solo stuff and American Idol crap.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 am

According to various websites I thought that is what the band was doing, that they are currently working on a new album, to take advantage of the band's higher profile thanks to Tyler's stint on American Idol
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am

Steven figured that since Joe did a solo album why not he? heh but I agree they just need to do another album and not just any album something that fans are gonna say this is reminiscant of the 70s era stuff
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

By all accounts, Steven Tyler is a hit with the American Idol audience, so I expect him to take the ball and run with it as far as he can. Solo projects, books, guest appearances, etc.

The band, I'm afraid, will be placed on the back-burner until Steven's new-found celebrity has run it's course.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 am

Just looks like a single to me...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 am

Even if he does a solo album I donot know what the big deal is, plenty of artist from major bands have done solo albums, as someone pointed out even within Aerosmith, Joe Perry has released two solo albums in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 am

sign

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am

It's just a single.

Do we really expect Aerosmith to stop their money-making commercial machine long enough to record a good record? (okay, the bluesy album they did was the closest to it)

They are more of a corporation than an actual band at this point. Not a dis against them, but the brand label is more important than the jeans right now...

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 am

detuned wrote:
It's just a single.

Do we really expect Aerosmith to stop their money-making commercial machine long enough to record a good record? (okay, the bluesy album they did was the closest to it)

They are more of a corporation than an actual band at this point. Not a dis against them, but the brand label is more important than the jeans right now...

I look at Aerosmith like America's Rolling Stones, except the Stones refuse to use outside songwriters, it was not til 1989 that the Stones even agreeded to hire an outside producer, Don Wise (or whatever his name is), and that was as a co-producer!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just looks like a single to me...

For now. I'd bet an album is on the way.

I'm with Detuned. I don't expect them to go back to their roots and make all the fanboys happy. Not while Steven and the band are popular right now. So strike while the iron's hot. Hire hit writers and big name producers and put out a hit album. It's just business anymore.

As much as a fan I am, I can take or leave any "new" Aerosmith at this point. If the new album's any good, sure, I'll buy it. If not, I'll always have the classics to remind me of what used to be.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm

from Rolling Stone:

In May, Tyler is releasing his autobiography, Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? Around that time he'll release the first solo single of his entire career, a poppy tune called "Feels So Good." "I can hear it coming out of people's cars this summer," he says. He's also working on new material with Aerosmith: Earlier this year the entire band – minus Perry – flew to Los Angeles to work on demos, and Tyler is talking to Toys in the Attic producer Jack Douglas about working on some of the songs. Working titles include "Asphalt," "Bobbing for Piranha," and "Legendary Child." The story describes the material as "slinky riff-rock, big-chorused soul ballads, leaning more Seventies than Nineties."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Quote :
The story describes the material as "slinky riff-rock, big-chorused soul ballads, leaning more Seventies than Nineties."

I'll believe it when I hear it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
The story describes the material as "slinky riff-rock, big-chorused soul ballads, leaning more Seventies than Nineties."

I'll believe it when I hear it.

Same here but this is what Tyler is saying about the album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Set your dvrs & tivos folks. Or just wait till the next morning and watch it on YouTube Very Happy ...

Quote :
According to The Hollywood Reporter, AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler will premiere the video for his first-ever solo single, "(It) Feels So Good", on the May 12 episode of "American Idol". The clip was shot on April 25 with the Norwegian-born, Los Angeles-based director and photographer Ray Kay (real name: Reinert K. Olsen) and is described by an observer as "everything you would expect to get from a classic AEROSMITH video. Without giving too much away, think: pure, classic Steven Tyler in all of his rock star glory."

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Geez, I don't want a solo single, I want an Aerosmith album, with tons of guitars, with songs about women, Tyler's wise ass poetry as lyrics, no sappy ballads, no outside songwriters, no supe star producer who just finished Pink's latest album, I want a kick ass rock n roll Aerosmith album!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:13 pm

I wonder why he waited so long to do a solo album. Seems like something he should have done maybe back after Rock In a Hard Place or Done With Mirrors came out, when Aerosmith was kind of not so big. To do it now just doesn't make sense to me. I even heard a piece of the new song the other day I couldn't finish it.

I won't be buying this like I didn't buy Joe Perry or even Slashs' solo album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:16 pm

manny wrote:
Geez, I don't want a solo single, I want an Aerosmith album

You're not the "target demographic" for this single. This is aimed directly at his new American Idol fanbase.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I wonder why he waited so long to do a solo album. Seems like something he should have done maybe back after Rock In a Hard Place or Done With Mirrors came out, when Aerosmith was kind of not so big. To do it now just doesn't make sense to me. I even heard a piece of the new song the other day I couldn't finish it.

He could barely record those albums. No way he coulda done a solo album in those days. drunken And yes, this whole solo song/album is all just part of the "Steven Tyler" brand aimed directly at the American Idol crowd. Makes me kinda sad. Steven Tyler solo album... 213740

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

He could barely record those albums. No way he coulda done a solo album in those days. drunken And yes, this whole solo song/album is all just part of the "Steven Tyler" brand aimed directly at the American Idol crowd. Makes me kinda sad. Steven Tyler solo album... 213740

lol very true but I thought he "Cleaned" himself up a bit around Done With Mirrors/Permanent Vacation?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:58 am

If I recall correctly, around Done With Mirrors, the band was still dabbling with their different substances of choice, but were working on it. By Permanent Vacation, it was touted in the press that the whole band was clean & sober, but in reality it was just Joe, Steven & Joey. Brad and Tom were still holding out. It's wasn't till Pump that all 5 guys were clean and sober.

With the excepton of maybe Brad (who seems to be the most private), the rest of the guys have gone on and off the wagon to various degrees since then.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

thus the steven tyler soap opera continues..... tune in next week when Charlie Sheen says he could replace Tyler in Aerosmith...

troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:36 am

I'm kinda interested in getting into Aerosmith.. What's their heaviest album?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:53 am

troublemagnet wrote:
I'm kinda interested in getting into Aerosmith.. What's their heaviest album?

Rocks and IMO their best album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:56 am

I usually point folks to Gems.

Steven Tyler solo album... Gems
Yes, it's a compilation album, but it has some of their harder/best moments and not the radio hits.

Otherwise, I'm partial to Toys in the Attic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:58 am

While waiting for my turn in the barber shop yesterday I read an interview with Tyler in the new "People" magazine... pretty interesting stuff, he talks about how he fell off the wagon a couple of years ago but he's now been clean again for a while.

Of his "American Idol" experience thus far, he sez he's "getting stoned every night," but not on drugs... on the "adulation of millions of viewers and fans." (oh, pleeeeeze.) So he sez he "inhales" that every night. Laughed at this part most: "I haven't inhaled J-Lo yet, but I do breathe her in." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler solo album...   Steven Tyler solo album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler solo album...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next