Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?

Go down 
+22
Shawn Of Fire
manny
SpectreFate
TheDoctor'sScarf
Schbopo
DeathCult
exact33
Waylon
mr.electric39
Gilbert
thejokeriv
ultmetal
martinsane
Eyesore
krokus
Witchfinder
mc666
snooloui
Fat Freddy
James B.
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
There are no original ideas anymore.Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 929854

What about some of the new movies this year and next like The Thing, Straw Dogs, Footloose, Fright Night, Conan The Barbarian, Total Recall, and the new TV show I heard about recently called Charlie's Angels?

I don't mind TV shows based on movies. That can work. But the movie remakes are typically dumb and pointless. Like Footloose, for instance. How retarded.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't mind remakes all that much actually, that recent Straw Dogs remake was actually better then the originla IMO. Also I'm no fan of the original Footloose, so that's one remake I couldn't care less about if I tried. The only remakes I truly hate are those of foreign horror films like Shutter and One Missed Call, the remakes of The Stepfather and The Fog were pretty bad too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
There are no original ideas anymore.Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 929854

What about some of the new movies this year and next like The Thing, Straw Dogs, Footloose, Fright Night, Conan The Barbarian, Total Recall, and the new TV show I heard about recently called Charlie's Angels?

I don't mind TV shows based on movies.

Yeah, but Charlie's Angels was a TV show before it was a movie. Of course the best TV show based off of a movie has the be the Stargate series (SG-1 and Atlantis, never saw the other one[s]). Movie remakes are only acceptable to me if the origional was crap. The origional The Thing, Fright Night, Conan, and Total Recall were good (I'll throw in Clash Of The Titans because I didn't care much for the remake).

As for the Scorpions, let them do whatever they want, if I already have the material, I'm not going to buy it again.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Eyesore wrote:

I don't mind TV shows based on movies. That can work. But the movie remakes are typically dumb and pointless. Like Footloose, for instance. How retarded.

"Footloose" was retarded the first time around. I can't imagine how a remake is going to improve it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

"Footloose" was retarded the first time around. I can't imagine how a remake is going to improve it...

yeah. I have no idea either...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm

So I guess it isn't all re-recordings:

Quote :
According to the French SCORPIONS fan club Crazyscorps, German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS will release "Comeblack", a collection of re-recorded versions of the band's classics songs, on November 4 via Sony. The effort will be made available as a CD and on double vinyl.

"Comeblack" track listing:

Re-recordings:

01. Rhythm Of Love
02. No One Like You
03. The Zoo
04. Rock You Like A Hurricane
05. Blackout
06. Still Loving You
07. Wind Of Change

Covers:

08. Tainted Love (GLORIA JONES)
09. Children Of The Revolution (T. REX)
10. Across The Universe (THE BEATLES)
11. Tin Soldier (SMALL FACES)
12. All Day And All Of The Night (THE KINKS)
13. Ruby Tuesday (THE ROLLING STONES)

An audio sample of the re-recorded version of the band's 1984 classic ballad "Still Loving You", re-titled "Still Loving You - Je T'Aime Encore" and featuring a guest appearance by the French 2009 "Pop Idol" winner Amandiner Bourgeois, is currently streaming on the Charts In France web site. The track is expected to appear on the French version of the "Comeblack" album.

"Still Loving You - Je T'Aime Encore" will be available for download in France on October 10.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Interesting set list on the covers, he is doing a T. rex song, then doing a song by T. rex (Marc Bolan)'s lover and mother of his child Gloria Jones, who was behind the wheel that killed him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm not sure if I want to hear a Scorpions version of "Tainted Love" or not.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Klause Meine and "taint" should never be mentioned together.Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 78889

Meh, even with some cover tunes tacked on, I can't get too excited about this project.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

I wish they'd re-record "Send Me An Angel" .
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Boring set of songs. They decided to re-record songs that everyone already loves. It probably is so that they own the rights the recordings, but it's still disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Klause Meine and "taint" should never be mentioned together.Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 78889

Meh, even with some cover tunes tacked on, I can't get too excited about this project.
Same here. Hell, I don't even have their last album yet.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Eyesore I think you would enjoy 'Sting in the Tail', and I wish they would have let that stand as their final album not this re-recording/cover tunes CD
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Eyesore I think you would enjoy 'Sting in the Tail', and I wish they would have let that stand as their final album not this re-recording/cover tunes CD
Oh, I think I will too. I just haven't bought it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Sting In The Tail was one of my top 5 albums last year.

I had given up on the Scorps a long time ago but that album rekindled my interest. This re-recording crap put out that fire in a hurry.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Sting in the Tail is an excellent album. I enjoyed it a lot.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Wasn't going to pick this up if it was just re-recordings but now that there are covers on it, I will.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 am

Nothing interesting.

I'll skip for sure...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am sure I don't !

Sting in the Tail is an excellent album. I enjoyed it a lot.

Yes it is!!!!!! I listened to it yesterday and it is full of classic Scorps riffs - the only downside is the pop production..... Still, a GREAT album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:38 pm

that Stones cover seems interesting to me...

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Speaking new releases by Scorpions:

New Scorpions Live Release

Scorpions are putting out a live release on October 14.

Called Get Your Sting & Blackout, it will be available on Blu-ray and CD, and features a gig recorded in Saabrucken, Germany on April 15 this year.

The full track listing is:

1. Sting In The Tail
2. Make It Real
3. Bad Boys Running Wild
4. The Zoo
5. Coast To Coast
6. Loving You Sunday Morning
7. The Best Is Yet To Come
8. Send Me An Angel
9. Holiday
10. Raised On Rock
11. Tease Me Please Me
12. Dynamite
13. Kottak Attack
14. Blackout
15. Six String Sting
16. Big City Nights
17. Still Loving You
18. Wind Of Change
19. Rock You Like A Hurricane
20. When The Smoke Is Going Down
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Might pick this up on Blu-ray if the picture quality is good, I hope it comes with the CD included.

Just had a look on their official site and I seem to read that it will be a MediaMarkt exclusive (so possibly exclusive to Germany and not availble for online purchase) Sad
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Currently listening to this on Spotify. The songs are no different than the originals except that they are worse (no alternative re-recordings) and the covers are just pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3