Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?

Go down 
+22
Shawn Of Fire
manny
SpectreFate
TheDoctor'sScarf
Schbopo
DeathCult
exact33
Waylon
mr.electric39
Gilbert
thejokeriv
ultmetal
martinsane
Eyesore
krokus
Witchfinder
mc666
snooloui
Fat Freddy
James B.
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:31 am

Quote :
Polish musician Pawel Maciwoda, who has been the bassist for German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS since 2003, revealed during a brand new interview with the "Dzien Dobry TVN" show on Polish TV that the band will enter the studio in the fall to lay down a collection of re-recorded versions of SCORPIONS classics. The CD is tentatively due early next year.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:49 am

Sting in the Tail was supposed to be the last Scorpions album. I guess they only meant albums with new songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:55 am

Maybe they can get "YAWN-I" to produce.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Quote :
The band states, "It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs.

While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was - and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: We want to end the Scorpion's extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

So I guess they're just retiring from touring, not recording. Re-recording the classics doesn't count as work, right? Well, maybe throw a new song or 2 attached to this new album of retreads. Some left-overs from the Sting in the Tail sessions. And maybe just a show or 2 for promotional purposes only. And maybe a live album/dvd of the retirement tour. That we'll need to touch up in the studio. But after that, retiring.

Ok. Rolling Eyes

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:37 pm

I think this is a good idea tbh. With some songs like Make It Real and The Zoo, the live versions sound better imo, more powerful. If they could do that without changing the songs a great deal, then I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I'll wait and see the track list before I make a decision. If it leans heavy on the 70's stuff, I'm in. I don't care to hear 'Rock You Like A Hurricane 2011'.

The orginal post is very vauge on details so far.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll wait and see the track list before I make a decision. If it leans heavy on the 70's stuff, I'm in. I don't care to hear 'Rock You Like A Hurricane 2011'.
same for me.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:55 pm

I need to rant about this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:50 pm

they did one of their most famous song again, like a remake of it (dont remember what song anymore) and it sounded like smurf poo, to modern. Why buy a album with re-recorded songs if you can buy the original one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Maybe they could just re-record Eye II Eye and make it a rock record. Call it Eye III Eye? Eye II Eye (For Real This Time)?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe they could just re-record Eye II Eye and make it a rock record. Call it Eye III Eye? Eye II Eye (For Real This Time)?

...and if you purchase it, the band has to deliver it to your front door personally and present you with a written apology for the original version.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

...and if you purchase it, the band has to deliver it to your front door personally and present you with a written apology for the original version.
They can't change "Mind Like a Tree," though, because that song is awesome as it is!

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:06 pm

I don't know, could be good or bad.

Remember when Whitcross re-redorded their s/t release? It was AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Wouldn't mind hearing them record some of their 70's classics.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wouldn't mind hearing them record some of their 70's classics.

That would be cool, maybe they can bring Uli in to play solos on those songs
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:39 am

Do we need those re-recorded albums???

Why some bands don't just make new albums (and good ones) instead of living on their past glories?
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:44 am

Gilbert wrote:
Do we need those re-recorded albums???

Why some bands don't just make new albums (and good ones) instead of living on their past glories?

I'd rather them do this than record a rubbish album because they ran out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Well ..... I usually enjoy re-recorded stuff when they actually make it sound better, perhaps the production of the original was lousy, but most of the 70's stuff was pretty good...

I don't know if I want to hear a re-recorded version of Catch Your Train....

could be cool.... have to wait and listen...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 pm

martinsane wrote:
I don't know, could be good or bad.

Remember when Whitcross re-redorded their s/t release? It was AMAZING!

YEP!! Was thinking the same thing. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I am going to dig a little deeper into the Scorpions catalog now. I have a best of but ordered Crazy World and Sting in the Tail...

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The orginal post is very vauge on details so far.

I'd listen to it, but personally regardless of the material it'd be a waste of money IMO. The original versions of the 70's stuff are great the way they are. You can't replace Roth's work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I'd listen to it, but personally regardless of the material it'd be a waste of money IMO. The original versions of the 70's stuff are great the way they are. You can't replace Roth's work.

I mean even if Uli came and re-recorded the RCA stuff with them here in 2011. It wouldn't be the same. The Scorps had that sound that made them The Scorps and I'd rather kick it and listen to what I grew up with instead of something else.

Even if they did it and it sounded bad @$$...I'd still protest, just sayin !

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:30 pm

James B. wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I mean even if Uli came and re-recorded the RCA stuff with them here in 2011. It wouldn't be the same. The Scorps had that sound that made them The Scorps and I'd rather kick it and listen to what I grew up with instead of something else.

Even if they did it and it sounded bad @$$...I'd still protest, just sayin !

Precisely. I don't understand the constant urge by bands to re-record and remix material that was either good or exemplary in the first place, though it has been done well a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Personally I think that if they revisited some of the songs they had on Eye II Eye, they could make them a lot better. That record had a lot of great ideas on it, but they stretched it out too thin. And in fact, a lot of their more obscure tracks and b-sides would be cool to hear re-recorded. Although if it's just 10 new versions of "Rock You Like A Hurricane" and "No One Like You", I don't think I would be interested.

Re-recording is one of those things that can go very well or downright terribly. I trust the Scorps enough to at least hope they'll do it right.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?   Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions To Re-Record the Classics?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next