Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What inspired your taste in metal?

Go down 
+24
Temple of Blood
mc666
sheets
candlemass
EvyMetal
Gilbert
adrian
shamgar75
manny
SAHB Healer
Wargod
rawr!
James B.
chewie
krokus
thejokeriv
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
exact33
metalinmyveins
Stender
Fat Freddy
metalhead777
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:35 pm

my dads old classic hard rock records.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:36 pm

mc666 wrote:

What kind of bands did your father have in his collection?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 pm

hard rock bands on the radio/MTV
a dubbed cassette of "Live after Death"
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:

all kinds of stuff. Zeppelin, The Who, Joplin, Three Dog Night, Stones, Motorhead, Ram Jam, The Eagles, Sabbath, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, Boston, Skynard, Scorpions, Journey, Priest, Hendrix, Aerosmith, Beatles, etc etc. i still have most of his collection.

he was really into 60's & 70's rock music. he refused to call any of what he listened to metal though. he called it "acid rock". to him, metal was "that noisy stuff" lol. i miss him.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:

all kinds of stuff. Zeppelin, The Who, Joplin, Three Dog Night, Stones, Motorhead, Ram Jam, The Eagles, Sabbath, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, Boston, Skynard, Scorpions, Journey, Priest, Hendrix, Aerosmith, Beatles, etc etc. i still have most of his collection.

he was really into 60's & 70's rock music. he refused to call any of what he listened to metal though. he called it "acid rock". to him, metal was "that noisy stuff" lol. i miss him.

Any man who listens to Hendrix and Black Sabbath is ok by me, sounds like he was a great guy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Symphonic Power: Movie scores and video game soundtracks

Euro-power: My love of fantasy

Thrash/Death/Power/Speed: The energy and agressivness and in some cases melody

Melodic Hard Rock/AOR/Party Rock: Probably the fact that my entire early childhood was spent in the 80s

Alternative: My teenage years spent entirely in the 90s

Goth/Doom: The combination of darkness and melody

Classic/Traditional: The energy and melody
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 pm

in the 70's I was exposed to every kind of rock music there was, from Aerosmith to ZZTop, from Carpenters to the Cars, from Captain & Tennille to The Bee Gees. By the 80's I naturally grafted towards the heavier stuff like Priest and Maiden but I always appreciated good songwriting and melody. In 1983 I heard Metallica and that was it for me, metal ruled my life for the next 10 years or so (I still love it but it isnt all I listen to, not by a long shot).

For me it still has to have melody, even if it's thrash or death metal it cant be mindless noise. I cant stand black metal, generic grunge and talentless punk. I can respect bands for being young and full of angst but if it aint got melody, they aint getting my money.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm

stepcousin wrote:

For me it still has to have melody, even if it's thrash or death metal it cant be mindless noise. I cant stand black metal...
what if it was melodic black metal?

QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 pm

When I was about ten, my older brother had Aerosmith's "Get Your Wings." I think I listened to that album more than he did. It's probably a little bit of nostalgia, but that is still my favorite Aerosmith album.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:13 pm

That is easy! Sex and Aggresion!! Classic Freudian - LOL Then I found G Us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:26 am

What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 775710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What inspired your taste in metal?   What inspired your taste in metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What inspired your taste in metal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2