Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Durbin American Idol

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
Joe
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Wargod
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
manny
chewie
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Apparently this guy made the cut and is in the Top 10 contestants who will now be weeded out one at a time over the coming weeks... good luck to him I guess... would be cool if he kept bustin' out Priest songs every week.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 pm

James B. wrote:
I bet Halford would like him, really !

I think you meant to say Schobopo Laughing

I wasn't personally impressed with the performance.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Apparently this guy made the cut and is in the Top 10 contestants who will now be weeded out one at a time over the coming weeks... good luck to him I guess... would be cool if he kept bustin' out Priest songs every week.

As long as he doesn't whip out "Parental Guidance" LOL!!!!!! Would like to hear him whip out 'Free Wheel Burnin'" or "Exciter"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

As long as he doesn't whip out "Parental Guidance" LOL!!!!!! Would like to hear him whip out 'Free Wheel Burnin'" or "Exciter"

To quote one of the judge's signature songs 'Dream On'
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 am

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

To quote one of the judge's signature songs 'Dream On'

Yep, it won't be like Finnish Idol unfortunately:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

More proof that Finish Idol is better than American Idol:

[youtube][/youtube]

And this one for our resident Deep Purple fanatics:
[youtube][/youtube]

And one last one:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Durbin just released his first single, an NFL tie-in called "Stand Up."

Meh. Dude's got a decent voice but this sounds like a Nickelback knock-off. So much for him "bringing back the metal" as so many people seemed to expect.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Durbin just released his first single, an NFL tie-in called "Stand Up."

Meh. Dude's got a decent voice but this sounds like a Nickelback knock-off. So much for him "bringing back the metal" as so many people seemed to expect.

My thoughts exactly. Best of luck to him, though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

I don't blame him... he's got a family to feed, and doing stuff that sounds like "Holy Diver meets Neon Knights" (which he said in an interview when he was still on A.I.) ain't gonna pay the billz.

I just laugh cuz so many people were like "Dooooood this guy is a Priest fan! He's gonna bring back the old school metal!" aaaaaand... nope. Haha.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

I don't blame him... he's got a family to feed, and doing stuff that sounds like "Holy Diver meets Neon Knights" (which he said in an interview when he was still on A.I.) ain't gonna pay the billz.

I just laugh cuz so many people were like "Dooooood this guy is a Priest fan! He's gonna bring back the old school metal!" aaaaaand... nope. Haha.

I am sure he wanted to - you can hear some classic Metal influences all over that song but it sound like the producer "nicklebacked" the track to make it suck and in the process has saddlebacked the buyers of his CD (look up Saddlebacking on urban dictionary for the primary meaning, but it fits here.)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 am

He shoulda hooked up with Tracii Guns instead.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

He might eventually, but these people sign contracts with Idol. They're never going to do the album they want right out the gate. They have to do the Idol album first, which of course is an album written by pop-song writers.

Just look at the first Bo Bice album. It's all pop. His next two, after the label dropped him (which will likely happen with Twitch), were more his country rock style, with nearly every song written by him, released on his own label.

Idol is a marketing machine. That's it. It can make people huge stars, but on their terms. Durbin, if he thought otherwise, is stupid.

But yeah, that's all Nickelback radio rock up there. Good song in that regard, but it's sure as hell not Dio! Haha.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm with Ult, Durbin may be a cut above the rest but he's a rare kind of singer on AI as most are what Ult talks about. Most great metal vocalists would never get past the audition phase.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Durbin American Idol   James Durbin American Idol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Durbin American Idol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2