Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your significant other's musical tastes

Go down 
+30
Witchfinder
SAHB Healer
mc666
DallasBlack
nevermore
DeathCult
martinsane
325ad
Hamer12
Eyesore
shamgar75
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
Stender
Schbopo
stepcousin
chewie
tohostudios
bassman
James B.
Lari
thejokeriv
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
manny
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Joe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 am

Stender wrote:
My significant other AKA my hand, likes the same music I do.

Good thing. Imagine if it didn't. AWKWARD!!

I always chuckle when my wife recognizes some of my music.
"Hey, isn't that Motley Crue?"
"Yes dear. Aren't you so cool?" Razz

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

Along with obvious cultural differences, there is five years difference between me and the missus, which might as well be 40 years. She just refers to everything I listen to as "1980's". But there are a few of her artists I like, such as Pink, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, etc etc

She does know some bands due to watching VH1 classic with me. She knows Scott Ian as "Chin" and Sebastian Bach as "Douchebag".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm extremely lucky, my wife will put up with almost anything I listen too and has heard so much Megadeth in her life she actually likes some of the songs. She likes 80's metal along with stuff like The Goo Goo Dolls and Gin Blossoms and Bruce Hornsby. The only real problem is the modern country she likes, makes me chew nails most of the time. I can listen to classic country like Jennings, Earle and Cash and a few guys like Jamey Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 pm

My wife likes all the hair metal (Poison,Warrant,and their ilk) but the heavier stuff (thrash,power,etc.) she just can't stand and I hardly ever play it at home (unless I'm there alone). She also is into 80s music (Bananarama,Duran Duran,etc.) which I don't mind. She is not a music collector of any sort and thinks my buying cds is a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 pm

My wife and I have agreed to disagree on music. She is happy with whatever is on the radio; our local station plays a mix of current pop and other stuff from the last 15 years or so. I mostly can't stand it. I use the iPod or headphones a lot! Regardless of the volume I have on the music, she will invariably turn it down when she walks into the room, so it is less frustrating for me to just use the headphones! I've come to the conclusion, and she agrees, that she has music on for background noise, and I listen to music to actually hear the music, hence the difference in volume. My two boys (17 & 13) have inherited (or learned) my disdain for pop music and enjoy lots of different things. I've taken them to Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, and Judas Priest. They loved it, but for their own listening choose things like System of a Down, Sevendust, or (of all things) CAKE. The younger one also shares my enjoyment of the Beatles.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

My wife actually goes with me to concerts. I've taken her to stuff like Circle II Circle, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Testament etc etc. She'll pretty much follow me to any show.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
But there are a few of her artists I like, such as Pink,

My wife loves Pink, and I dig her too.

Yeah, I am very thankful my wife can tolerate what I listen to. She lets me play whatever I want and I certainly test the limits. I brought her to three metal shows, Kreator, Blind Guardian, and Anthrax, and each show she had a good time and enjoyed the music. So, I know I'm breaking through!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

I took my wife to see Savatage back in 1996 (when we were still dating). I thought that was kind of cool of her because it wasn't her "scene" at all but she knew how much I loved that damn band and how important that show was to me (I was supposed to go w/a friend from work but he bailed on me @ the last minute).

I returned the favor by taking her to see Alan Jackson and Martina McBride a couple of years later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 pm

My wife can't believe the extreme music I listen to. She laughs at me. I don't play it around her. The heaviest she'll listen to is something like the band Red. That's her extreme.

She likes new country, Top-40, Christian Rock and instrumental albums.

We mesh well because I can listen to her music.

As for me, I can listen to Horde and then put in Yanni.

But she does buy me metal music if I ask for it, so she rocks headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 pm

My girlfriend likes country. Sad.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:01 am

Eyesore wrote:

The real thing or the current Bon Jovi with a drawl poop.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:27 am

chewie wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The real thing or the current Bon Jovi with a drawl poop.
No. Mainstream country. So...southern pop rock. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 am

shamgar75 wrote:
My wife can't believe the extreme music I listen to. She laughs at me. I don't play it around her. The heaviest she'll listen to is something like the band Red. That's her extreme.

She likes new country, Top-40, Christian Rock and instrumental albums.

We mesh well because I can listen to her music.

As for me, I can listen to Horde and then put in Yanni.

But she does buy me metal music if I ask for it, so she rocks headbanger

thats my wife too. Except she will let me order my own metal!

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

Mine is not too picky, we rarely ever listen to music together unless we are driving. She loves old & outlaw country & so do I so we pretty much stick to that.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Luckily my wife likes Metal. She likes stuff like Nickleback and Ozzy though as to where I like stuff like In Vain and Place of Skulls. LOL

People give her a hard time about her musical taste, she laughs and says you ought to hear some of the stuff my husband likes!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Your significant other's musical tastes: None!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:11 pm

For the most part, I've always dated girls who had similar music tastes, because I almost constantly have something playing. If I had listen to showtunes or something constantly, I'd probably drown the b*tch in the toilet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 am

My girlfriend mostly listens to classic rock stuff. She is an Ozzy fan though and likes AC/DC,too. But that's as metal as she gets.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:14 am

nevermore wrote:
My girlfriend mostly listens to classic rock stuff. She is an Ozzy fan though and likes AC/DC,too. But that's as metal as she gets.

Nothin wrong with that... could be a lot worse. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm

When I get one, I'll let you know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Nothin wrong with that... could be a lot worse. Smile

I ain't complaining Smile
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Hey Buck you going to St. Vitus on the 17th?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 am

325ad wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Hey Buck you going to St. Vitus on the 17th?

Should be some stoner chicks there. Wink
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:09 pm

the wife likes a wide range of stuff. anything from Beyonce & U2, to Agnostic Front & Job For A Cowboy. she's also still hung up on hair/sleaze metal & old hip hop stuff she grew up on.

nothing she likes annoys me, except maybe that Fu-Schnickens song she has as a ring tone.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I took my then-wife to see a Dio/Yngwie/& Doro show in 2001, and by then next year she was gone...my mistake I guess.

She mostly liked "Alt-country", also a lot of the music that ended up as guests on Prairie Home Companion. Some Bakerfield type country too. Pretty listenable stuff really, I didn't mind it. Turns out she had a boyfriend that influenced her tastes a lot though, and I did mind that. The only things we ever really connected on were The Flatlanders and Chris Isaak.

This winter I got a new baby goat, and I had to put him the cab of my truck to get him home in the cold. I had an Axel Rudi Pell cd in the deck and man he didn't like that one bit at all, so I turned it off. I've never seen an animal so upset over music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your significant other's musical tastes   Your significant other's musical tastes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your significant other's musical tastes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next