Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 6:20 pm

This probably more accurately belongs under "Unexpected Wrestling Rock Music Usage" but this week while watching the Cardinals play a series against the Reds in Cincinnati, the Reds' outfielder Tyler Holt used John Cena's entrance music as his walkup song. 

That's pretty amazing to me because I've heard Vince is really protective of the theme music his writers create so either the Reds paid a pretty penny to be able to use it or Vince is unaware of it because the Reds are pretty pathetic this year.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just heard Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" in a Walmart back-to-school commercial!

Finally got to see that one. My wife was telling me about and I kept missing it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:05 am

Hadley wrote:
The cartoon show Uncle Grandpa had the Melvins guest star. However, since im not familiar with their music (though it sounded good enough to check out), i dont know what song they played, they kept repeating "keep it underground", but a google search didnt come up with anything.

We watched this episode the other night. Funny stuff. That show is so bizarre.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 11:12 pm

In the movie "Weird Science" one of the characters has a Y&T "In Rock We Trust" album cover poster hanging in his room.

According to the trivia section on the IMDB, the late John Hughes was a big fan of "Y&T."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Talk about your "unexpectied rock usage":

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/05/world/asteroid-freddie-mercury-birthday/index.html

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 am

tohostudios wrote:
Talk about your "unexpectied rock usage":

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/05/world/asteroid-freddie-mercury-birthday/index.html

I guess a twinkling star would've been too obvious, huh? Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:24 am

"Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" made good use of the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane" in a pivotal scene, plus one of the kids is wearing a Misfits "Fiend Club" hat for the entire movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 8:00 am

Just heard Sabbath's "The Wizard" in a commercial for Monday Night Football.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 pm

In one of Ronnie Coleman's workout videos, you can hear "Battery" by Metallica playing at the gym he is working out at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Here is the aforementioned Ronnie Coleman workout video. It's at around the 2:33 point you can hear "Battery" in the background:
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:29 am

They just played "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce on Regular Show. Not a short snippet or 30 second clip, but the full length, album version of the song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am

On last night's episode of Supernatural, the story takes place in L.A. In one of the establishing shots is a club (no idea which one) and the marquee had bands listed for a show. Top band? Sabaton. I thought that was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Watching the UVA/Villanova basketball game and coming out of a commercial break one of the bands was playing "Carry On My Wayward Son". It translated to a marching band song a lot better than you would have thought.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Ace Frehley's version of "New York Groove" plays over a montage of campaign scenes in the documentary "Weiner," about the former congressman's ill-fated NYC mayoral run.

I didn't see it for myself but I'm told that in the new C.W. show "Riverdale," which is a dramatic "reboot" of the beloved Archie Comics characters, the Mom of Archie's long time gal pal Betty Cooper is named "Alice," as in Alice Cooper. Wonder if anyone in the CW's target audience is hip enough to get that reference. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:41 pm

i was watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother and some dude had a Converge t-shirt on in the background.

I guess ya gotta spread the word about your favorite band anyway you can, even if it's just giving them subliminal publicity by being an extra on a sitcom, lol.

those guys are rad though, check em out.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ace Frehley's version of "New York Groove" plays over a montage of campaign scenes in the documentary "Weiner," about the former congressman's ill-fated NYC mayoral run.

I didn't see it for myself but I'm told that in the new C.W. show "Riverdale," which is a dramatic "reboot" of the beloved Archie Comics characters, the Mom of Archie's long time gal pal Betty Cooper is named "Alice," as in Alice Cooper. Wonder if anyone in the CW's target audience is hip enough to get that reference. Laughing very hard
There's more young people that are Alice fans then you'd think.

I was quite surprised to hear Stan Bush-The Touch in the opening scene of the 2013 video game Shadow Warrior.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 am

Just watched "Let's Be Cops", and they play Rock You Like a Hurricane in one scene. Notable as it was a re-recorded version.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" was heard in "X-Men: Apocalypse"

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 8:54 pm

"Communion" by Revocation is apparently featured in the new Power Rangers movie. I wonder if that will get them some new fans?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

OK, so this isn't TV or movie related but it was a cool, unexpected metal reference nonetheless...

This past Saturday was "Free Comic Book Day," an event meant to inspire kids to read (and also to draw traffic to local comic book stores). One of the free giveaway books my son and I picked up was an issue of "2000 AD," the British sci-fi anthology comic starring Judge Dredd.

Of course, Judge Dredd is already well known to metal fans due to Anthrax's "I Am The Law," but in this particular Dredd story they throw out some Motorhead love, as a voice balloon coming from a Judge's motorcycle radio calls for all available units to proceed to a shoot-out at the "Ian Kilmister Mega-Mall."

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Just watched Monsters University. There's a scene where a character's mom drops Mike and his friends off, and she then stays in the car to "listen to her tunes", and then we hear a few seconds of a metal song. I thought it was just made up for the gag like the fake Death Metal in Secret Life of Pets, but it turns out it was actually "Islands" by Mastodon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:48 am

Aerosmith's 'Dream On' is being used in a Walmart commercial now. I was getting dressed the other day and heard it, thinking "Oh cool, Aerosmith." then I turned to see what it was and said "Ah crap. It's for Walmart".

Also, a few night ago, I was watching 'The Green Room'. While the main protagonists are a punk band and their rehearsal space is plastered with posters of other hardcore punk bands (ie Black Flag, NOFX, Fugazzi), I did see a poster for thrash band Warbringer. Kinda stuck out among the other punk-oriented stuff.

Good movie too, by the way.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t23833p550-today-i-watched-movies-tv-2017#730264

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Not a movie or TV show, but this turned up unexpectedly in yesterday's Sunday comic strips:

In yesterday's "Sally Forth" , daughter April and her friends are laying around under a tree, day dreaming about what they're going to do with their summer vacation, and April is wearing a BabyMetal tee shirt. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm

In "Pixels", Peter Dinklage's character is wearing a Twisted Sister shirt. Whats interesting is that the scene in question takes place in 1982. While it was possible for someone to be a TS fan in 82, it's probably more likely that they just grabbed the first piece of "80s" clothing they could find.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, so this isn't TV or movie related but it was a cool, unexpected metal reference nonetheless...

This past Saturday was "Free Comic Book Day," an event meant to inspire kids to read (and also to draw traffic to local comic book stores). One of the free giveaway books my son and I picked up was an issue of "2000 AD," the British sci-fi anthology comic starring Judge Dredd.

Of course, Judge Dredd is already well known to metal fans due to Anthrax's "I Am The Law," but in this particular Dredd story they throw out some Motorhead love, as a voice balloon coming from a Judge's motorcycle radio calls for all available units to proceed to a shoot-out at the "Ian Kilmister Mega-Mall."

Don't forget it being known because of Dark Angel's "Darkness Descends" as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next