Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Empty
PostSubject: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Borrowing this idea from another forum I hang at. Could've sworn we had a thread similar to it around here somewhere in the past but if we did, I'm damned if I can find it now. Anyway, the idea is this: ever been watching TV or a movie and you unexpectedly hear a rock/metal song being used as theme/background music? Something that makes you go "Wow, cool, that's (name of song)!"

I got two. I'm sure most of us here in the U.S. have seen that mini-van commercial (Honda, I think?) that uses the opening bars of Judas Priest's "The Hellion" as its background music.

Plus, the other night I was watching the first episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on DVD ("Welcome to the Hellmouth") and was surprised to hear "Anti-Heroes" by Shake the Faith (an early 90s punk/metal band featuring a pre-KISS Tommy Thayer) in the background as Buffy started her first day at Sunnydale High. I thought that was a really obscure tune to hear on a TV show, as that band's one and only CD (AMERICA THE VIOLENT, 1994) was never released outside of Japan.

Anybody got some more?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Not that long ago, I was watching a tv show (or was it a movie? I can't remember what it was) and the characters were in a strip club. I heard LA Guns 'Sex Action' in the background. Thought that was pretty cool. I think they played a song by Ratt as well.

EDIT: The L.A. Guns version of this song was featured on the NBC show Parks & Recreation in the episode "Tom's Divorce". Thanks Wikipedia!!

EDIT 2: It also featured Poison's 'Unskinny Bop', not a Ratt song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I got two. I'm sure most of us here in the U.S. have seen that mini-van commercial (Honda, I think?) that uses the opening bars of Judas Priest's "The Hellion" as its background music.

You mean this one:

[youtube][/youtube]

I also heard Iron Maiden's Wasted Years as bumper music during a Cowboys game this past season - was awesome and right after a TD!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm

The words STRYPER RULES scribbled on a toilet wall in the movie "Night Of The Creeps".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 pm

There was a blast of Ken Tamplin on the movie Hot Tub Time Machine, at the start of the movie where one of the characters is speeding along his street. I admit to sitting up and getting very excited, blurting out the fact to my wife, who just looked at me as though I was an idiot Razz.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 am

On this past weeks episode of The Office (which I just watched last night) Kevin blasted Ozzy's 'Crazy Train' from a little boom box to pump himself up for a big presentation. He ran around the room, high-fiving people, got winded and threw up. Comedy gold, folks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 pm

There was an episode of Friday Night Lights where the nerdy musician guy is wearing a Mayhem shirt and has a conversation with the girl in his band about how can he be a Christian while supporting such an act. They even go into the whole Dead/Euronymous suicide brain necklace thing.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 pm

The first movie that came to my mind was Ace Ventura. Cannibal Corpse played thier song "Hammer Smashed Face" during a scene.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Joe wrote:
The first movie that came to my mind was Ace Ventura. Cannibal Corpse played thier song "Hammer Smashed Face" during a scene.

Laughing very hard I love that little "shimmy" dance that Ace does when he first walks into the pit.

I've never seen it but supposedly there's a deleted scene on the DVD of Carrey onstage with the band, doing vocals with 'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh Yeah, here it is! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

jstate wrote:
There was an episode of Friday Night Lights where the nerdy musician guy is wearing a Mayhem shirt and has a conversation with the girl in his band about how can he be a Christian while supporting such an act. They even go into the whole Dead/Euronymous suicide brain necklace thing.

Way cool. There was an episode of "Bones" a year or two ago about a Black Metal band who'd killed a member of a rival band and were using his skeleton as a stage prop (!), but the bands they used were fictional.

There was a great scene where Dr. "Bones" sez to her African American lab tech, "What's black metal?" and he sez "Don't ask me. It's Norwegian. Whole 'nother kinda black." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:10 pm

i was surprised to find a bunch of black metal in the soundtrack to gummo.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
jstate wrote:

Way cool. There was an episode of "Bones" a year or two ago about a Black Metal band who'd killed a member of a rival band and were using his skeleton as a stage prop (!), but the bands they used were fictional.

There was a great scene where Dr. "Bones" sez to her African American lab tech, "What's black metal?" and he sez "Don't ask me. It's Norwegian. Whole 'nother kinda black." Laughing very hard

That was a great line, AND she's hot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

Was just watching the movie "Let Me In" (remake of the Swedish vampire flick Let The Right One In). During one of the murder sequences "Burnin' For You" by Blue Oyster Cult is playing on the car stereo. It makes for an interesting juxtaposition.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 am

In the movie Vice Versa or whatever that movie was called , Malice have a cameo in it.

Also the movie 'Diary of a Madhouse Wife', Alice Cooper is in the party scene.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

manny wrote:
In the movie Vice Versa or whatever that movie was called , Malice have a cameo in it.

Is that the concert they go to? I never knew who that band was.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Laughing very hard So, I remembered one while at work today. In the movie, "True Romance," the scene were Brad Pitt's character is getting baked and he gets some unexpected visitors. "Outshined" by Soundgarden is playing in the background. Probably one of my only favorite Brad Pitt moments.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Joe wrote:
manny wrote:

Is that the concert they go to? I never knew who that band was.

yep
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I've only watched one episode of this show and it was this one! Great line!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 pm

In an episode of The Office (The Initiation) Dwight is playing Life of Agony - River Runs Red in his car. Totally cool!

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Anvil had an appearance in the recent Green Hornet movie adaptation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Cool. Now that you mention Anvil, it reminded me that their song "Burning Bridges" off of THIS IS THIRTEEN is briefly heard in the movie "The Final Destination"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Cool. Now that you mention Anvil, it reminded me that their song "Burning Bridges" off of THIS IS THIRTEEN is briefly heard in the movie "The Final Destination"

Anvil's 'Metal on Metal' was played in recent episode on 'The Simpsons' during a montage. It was totally out of context and made no point whatsoever. Either someone behind the scenes is a huge Anvil fan or Lips has some blackmail photos of Matt Groening.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 pm

So, just before the 2nd half kickoff of the Superbowl, the stadium was bumping Metallica. Anybody else catch that? I had already knocked back way too many brews so I can't remember the song. My wife did say she heard me mumble something like "Ride the Lightning."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 am

Joe wrote:
So, just before the 2nd half kickoff of the Superbowl, the stadium was bumping Metallica. Anybody else catch that? I had already knocked back way too many brews so I can't remember the song. My wife did say she heard me mumble something like "Ride the Lightning."

Probably. Putting criminals to death is the 2nd most popular spectator sport in Texas right after football. 'Ride the Lightning' is their theme song. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next