Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Here is the History Channel commercial which featured Suffocation:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm

I used to be a big Cheech and Chong fan, and i noticed they would reference Black Sabbath quite a bit. I dont know if they were Sabbath fans or if it was just due to the fact that they shared the same record label (Warner Bros.).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Last weeks episode of Californication featured a double-whammy of rockers as guest stars.

Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) played the tour manager at a rock stars funeral.

Sebastian Bach played the corpse of the rock star. Most of his scenes were him laying in the casket, but he appeared in a hologram at the funeral.

Hilarious.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 am

Awesome use of Black Sabbath's "Hand Of Doom" in the post-Superbowl episode of Elementary.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
Last weeks episode of Californication featured a double-whammy of rockers as guest stars.

Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) played the tour manager at a rock stars funeral.

Sebastian Bach played the corpse of the rock star. Most of his scenes were him laying in the casket, but he appeared in a hologram at the funeral.

Hilarious.

I'm just getting into Californication and starting from the beginning. It does seem to be the perfect show for this thread, already there has been an appearance from Henry Rollins doing some really BAD acting, a nice acoustic cover of 'Paranoid' and metal references all over the place, not least the title of his books (God Hates us All, South of Heaven and Seasons of the Abyss!) I like this show already! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Californication is a great show, totally addictive.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 am

Rob Zombie attended the Flyers game last night. He's apparently doing some research on a movie about the Broad Street Bullies. Neat-o.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=654286

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm

A VANS commercial featuring Municipal Waste:
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Warm Bodies had Guns N Roses - "Patience" and Scorpions - "Rock You Like A Hurricane"

Argo featured Led Zeppelin and Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 am

The season one finale of Criminal Minds used Opeth's "Death Whispered A Lullaby" from the Damnation album, that was unexpected and worked beautifully in the context of the episode.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 am

I caught an episode of South Park last night and the secondary plot to the story-line involved Slash. It was later revealed that Slash can play and appear everywhere because he's not real, like Santa. He's based on the Dutch legend, Vünter Slauche.

I need to start watching South Park again. Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 am

While watching "Crank" w/Jason Statham last night, I heard bits of Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)" and Loverboy's "Turn Me Loose" (!!!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm pretty sure we forgot to mention Megadeth's appearance on Duck Dodgers:
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

I was recently playing a video game called Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden (available for free right here: http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/) and cracked up when a boss battle began and this Ian Gillan song started playing:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am

Friday night, I watched 'The Station Agent' and in a scene at the local bar, the bartender was wearing a Danger Danger t-shirt with the phrase "Let's Get Naughty Naughty" on the back. Seeing how the movie was filmed in 2003, she must be quite the DD fan to still be sporting their t-shirt. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Friday night, I watched 'The Station Agent' and in a scene at the local bar, the bartender was wearing a Danger Danger t-shirt with the phrase "Let's Get Naughty Naughty" on the back. Seeing how the movie was filmed in 2003, she must be quite the DD fan to still be sporting their t-shirt. Razz

He might've been a member of Danger Danger. After all, they were from New Jersey, where the movie was shot. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He might've been a member of Danger Danger. After all, they were from New Jersey, where the movie was shot. Laughing very hard

Maybe Bruno Ravel's mom. Very Happy She was a mature woman of rather large stature. The thought of getting "naughty-naughty" with her might be too much for some viewers to handle.

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Heard a Sammy Hagar track and also Back In Black on a couple episodes of Alias (season 2).
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm

I think this fits the criteria. From 1986's "Night of the Creeps"

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Capturexxb
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I think this fits the criteria. From 1986's "Night of the Creeps"

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Capturexxb

I love that scene!! I believe the story about this was written about in a Stryper autobiography I own.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Ken Tamplin was on a recent episode of Tosh.0 giving voice lessons. He has a good sense of humor.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Watched a program on tv last night about how we humans want to be individuals, but at the same time we try to fit into certain groups. One segment talked about two photo artist from Holland who spent 15 years taking pictures of people who felt they stuck out as indivuduals, but by putting their photos alongside others with similar styles and looks, made them part of a group, instead of sticking out. Pictures of hundreds of people was shown, but one of them stuck out to me, because this person was wearing a Sympathy t-shirt!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 am

OK, it's not rock or metal but it sure was funny.

For some reason our local Fox station was playing "Always Look ON The Bright Side Of Life" from Monty Python's Life Of Brian as they went to commercial break. Unfortunately for someone at the station, they included the line that says "Life's a piece of shit when you look at it"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Saw an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" last night, and Geddy Lee from Rush had a role, as himself, in the episode. Hilarisous!

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Saw an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" last night, and Geddy Lee from Rush had a role, as himself, in the episode. Hilarisous!

Yeah, that was a funny one. I love those "Robin Sparkles" episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 13 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next