Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was in Chuck E. Cheese yesterday for a kid's party and the animatronic Chuck and his furry band played 'Rock n Roll All Night'. Thought that was a little random and weird.

I would think that would be CREEPY!  Laughing very hard 

Eh, I was just thankfull they didn't play 'Christeen Sixteen'.  crazy happy 

Be thankful, they could've played "Rip and Destroy," which would've caused the crowd to riot and destroy the restaurant via subliminal messaging. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:16 am

I'd be on board for that. Have you been in a Chuck E. Cheese lately? The noise, the terrible pizza, the ugly, fat, rude kids? It's just terrible.

Ugh, the things I do for my children.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd be on board for that. Have you been in a Chuck E. Cheese lately? The noise, the terrible pizza, the ugly, fat, rude kids? It's just terrible.

Thankfully, I've never had to experience Chuck E. Cheese. There aren't any in my immediate area, so all the birthday parties that my kids have been invited to have been in local venues.

I'm hoping that trend continues till they've both aged out of the "birthday party" demographic.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thankfully, I've never had to experience Chuck E. Cheese. There aren't any in my immediate area, so all the birthday parties that my kids have been invited to have been in local venues.

I'm hoping that trend continues till they've both aged out of the "birthday party" demographic.

You're lucky. On one hand, it's kinda nice that it's all contained and the kids can basically run amok while mom & dad just kinda chill. On the other, it's a nightmarish headache of sights, sounds and sugared-up kids.

I'm right in the thick of it with my 3. Seems like we're going once a month for another kid party.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You're lucky. On one hand, it's kinda nice that it's all contained and the kids can basically run amok while mom & dad just kinda chill. On the other, it's a nightmarish headache of sights,  sounds and sugared-up kids.

I'm right in the thick of it with my 3. Seems like we're going once a month for another kid party.

I've done the past few b-day parties for my kids at Chuck E Cheese........ Their parties where on a Friday Night, which is the least crowded night of the week at that place...... Honestly, it's 100 time easier to have a party their than at my house - no clean up, no prep, kids have a blast. Parents do need a drink though..... and sadly they only server beer flavored malt beverages (budwater)

For the record, in November one of the riffs Chuck E played was the main riff from I Believe In A Thing Called Love......
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am

Not a movie or tv show, but have you ever played the Super Nintendo game "Maximum Carnage". One of the levels uses a cover version (sans vocals) of "The Mob Rules":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Q03y6YpuE

(one could argue its just a soundalike, but considering they kept the solo,,)

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28433

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:14 pm

I remember that game.

There was also a video game called Lollipop Chainsaw with references to Bathory and Enslaved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Hadley wrote:
Not a movie or tv show, but have you ever played the Super Nintendo game "Maximum Carnage". One of the levels uses a cover version (sans vocals) of "The Mob Rules":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Q03y6YpuE

(one could argue its just a soundalike, but considering they kept the solo,,)

FOND memories of hearing that for the first time. It's unmistakable.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 am

Not really unexpected given the time frame, but damn did I never expect to dig this theme as much as I do.  It's currently rattling around in my head.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm

In Flames on the display

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 am

Rewatched Flight of the Navigator the other day, about a 12 year old boy in 1978 getting transported to 1986 (or so), and a girl telling him about current music talks about Twisted Sister. The main character says, "never heard of her", to which the girl replies "it's a guy!!". Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Watching "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" on Food Network and Guy Fieri just described the mix of flavors in a dish as "Metallica playing with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra."

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Watching the premier episode of the new show on HBO, 'Silicon Valley', I noticed this DRI poster hanging on the wall of an office cubicle.
Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Dri_logo
Seemed like a really obscure band to reference. Since this show takes place in the present and that band was never popular, I have to guess that someone behind the scenes is a fan of the band.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:13 pm

If you've ever seen the show "Chuck" one of the sidestories involves two friends who have a cover band called "Jeffster". Here's them covering Bon Jovi (note, the vocals SUPPOSED to be bad, thats part of the joke):

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 9:51 am

I just watched the movie Zero Charsima and the movie is chock full of metal.  The main character is a metalhead and his room is covered in metal posters - Accept, Anthrax, Therion, etc...  Therion and Overkill are on the soundtrack as well.  

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 am

My kids watch a show on Nickelodeon called 'Sam & Cat'. It's horrific. Makes 'Perfect Strangers' look like Shakespeare.

Anyway the other night the characters go to the corporate headquarters of Zappacore, which is supposed to be like Amazon. They call for a ride and the "Zappacar" pulls up, driven by a guy that looks like Frank Zappa. "Hey Frank, take us to the warehouse" Cue gigantic "canned laughter", then Sam says "Kids are not gonna get this".

Though that was pretty funny. Skip to 15:25 to see it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:17 pm

^^ That Zappa thing is reaaaaaalllllly random, esp. for a kid sitcom...hahaha.

Funny thing about "Sam & Cat," my kids liked both of the previous shows that those gals came from ("iCarly" for Sam and "Victorious" for Cat) but they don't like this new combo-platter show at all. My seven year old sez Cat's voice "hurts his ears," haha.

On a somewhat related note, I read in the paper over the weekend that the future of "Sam & Cat" is currently up in the air (even tho it's Nick's most popular show at the moment) cuz the gal who plays "Sam" is going through a social-media meltdown ala Amanda Bynes (though she's not quite as crazy... at least not yet) ...apparently she's frequently tweeting half naked "selfies" and posting rants that the chick who plays Cat shouldn't be making more $$$ than her cuz she's been with the network longer. Oh myyyyy! Carly would NOT approve, Sam. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ That's mighty random, esp. for a kid sitcom...hahaha.

Funny thing about "Sam & Cat," my kids liked both of the previous shows that those gals came from ("iCarly" for Sam and "Victorious" for Cat) but they don't like this new combo-platter show at all. My seven year old sez Cat's voice hurts his ears, haha.

On a somewhat related note, I read in the paper over the weekend that the future of "Sam & Cat" is currently up in the air (even tho it's Nick's most popular show at the moment) cuz the gal who plays "Sam" is going through a social-media meltdown ala Amanda Bynes (though she's not quite as crazy... at least not yet) ...apparently she's frequently tweeting half naked "selfies" and posting rants that the chick who plays Cat shouldn't be making more $$$ than her cuz she's been with the network longer. Oh myyyyy! Carly would NOT approve, Sam. Laughing very hard

Both my kids love that show...... Heck, no season 2? Happy Dad!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Quote :

I say let the two of them settle the salary dispute by jello wrestling in a steel cage... that'd be something for the Dads to watch... Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I say let the two of them settle the salary dispute by jello wrestling in a steel cage... that'd be something for the Dads to watch... Laughing very hard

LOL!!!!! Yep - and they are both in their early 20's......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ That Zappa thing is reaaaaaalllllly random, esp. for a kid sitcom...hahaha.

Funny thing about "Sam & Cat," my kids liked both of the previous shows that those gals came from ("iCarly" for Sam and "Victorious" for Cat) but they don't like this new combo-platter show at all. My seven year old sez Cat's voice "hurts his ears," haha.

Yea, completely random and obscure for a kids sitcom, but genuinely made me laff. A first for that show. Cat hurts my ears too.  Laughing My kids are just starting to transition out of the Spongebob phase and onto these kid sitcoms.

I heard about that media drama too. So far, the people at Nick are keeping mum on the subject. I'm sure they don't WANT to end that hit show, but if people put enough pressure on them (won't someone think about the children!!) and Sam gets crazy enough, they just might have to bail on it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Quote :
I heard about that media drama too. So far, the people at Nick are keeping mum on the subject. I'm sure they don't WANT to end that hit show, but if people put enough pressure on them (won't someone think about the children!!) and Sam gets crazy enough, they just might have to bail on it.

Or next season it'll be "Carly 'N Cat," and they'll hastily explain that Sam was really an alien who was unexpectedly recalled back to her home planet over the break.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Or next season it'll be "Carly 'N Cat," and they'll hastily explain that Sam was really an alien who was unexpectedly recalled back to her home planet over the break.  

Back home with Poochie, huh?  Razz 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Back home with Poochie, huh?   Razz 

"WHEN are they gonna get to the fireworks factory? (sob, sob)"

Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 am

If I'm not mistaken, Alcatrazz's No Parole From Rock 'n' Roll LP can be seen in the record store scene(s?) in Pretty in Pink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 17 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next