Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19222

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:33 am

The movie Dark Floors has members of the band Lordi playing monsters that overrun a hospital. The singer of Lordi helped write the movie as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 am

I watched "Friday the 13th Part II" last night and noticed a KISS pinball machine in the background of a scene set in a bar. I'm kinda surprised that I'd never caught that before, cuz I must've seen this movie at least a half dozen times over the years...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I watched "Friday the 13th Part II" last night and noticed a KISS pinball machine in the background of a scene set in a bar. I'm kinda surprised that I'd never caught that before, cuz I must've seen this movie at least a half dozen times over the years...
Don't tell Gene! Yeah, I've noticed it before. That's where Ginny, Paul, and the goofy guy hang out, with a few other no name counselors that you only noticed there and like two other scenes. That bar where they shot that scene burned down years ago...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

Don't tell Gene! Yeah, I've noticed it before. That's where Ginny, Paul, and the goofy guy hang out, with a few other no name counselors that you only noticed there and like two other scenes. That bar where they shot that scene burned down years ago...
I hope the KISS pinball machine wasn't still in the place when it burned down. Them things is collector's items yo! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Didn't scan the entire thread so sorry if it's been mentioned already but I remember going to see The Dead Pool in theaters and saying holy crap that's most of Guns N' Roses in the funeral scene.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 am

Flipping through the channels the other night, I watched some of 'Quick Change', a highly underratted Bill Murray movie. Anyhow, there is a scene where Randy Quaid jumps from a moving cab and slams into a newstand.

I couldn't quite make out who was on the cover (looked like a group, not a single person), but you can clearly see a copy of RIP Magazine in the racks with everything else.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Flipping through the channels the other night, I watched some of 'Quick Change', a highly underratted Bill Murray movie. Anyhow, there is a scene where Randy Quaid jumps from a moving cab and slams into a newstand.

I couldn't quite make out who was on the cover (looked like a group, not a single person), but you can clearly see a copy of RIP Magazine in the racks with everything else.
I remember the first time we as a family got HBO (sometime in '90), and this movie always being on. "Quick Change" is one of those movies that most people have either forgotten about or just never saw. I would say it's fairly underrated for a comedy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:14 pm

I just saw "Quick Change" a couple of weeks ago for the first time since the early 90s and loved it. Bill Murray is so deadpan and dry in that flick, he was great.

I missed the bit that MG71 describes, with the RIP Magazine though. Haha

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:57 am

Last night, I caught a little bit of 'For Your Consideration', another one of Christopher Guest's mockumentary-style movies. Don't know how I missed this one, as I'm a big fan of his other stuff. I'll be adding this one to my queue.

Anyway, in a scene where they are doing a parody of a late night tv show (ie David Letterman,), the house band is shown and the lead guitarist is Joe Satriani. Kooky.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 am

The new TV show "Back in the Game" had an episode where the son who wanted to get a girl to like him heard that girls like "bad boys". The kid then proceded to act like one of the "bad" kids, which included him wearing a Metallica "Creeping Death" shirt.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19222

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 am

In Paranormal Activity 2, there are posters of The Ramones and Kurt Cobain in one scene in the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm enjoying hearing some classic rock tracks in the series Sleepy Hollow, as they are themed around the narrative.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:49 pm

In "The Stuff" (1985), a kid has a Shout at the Devil era Motley Crue poster on his wall...

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm watching the Penguins play Carolina down in Raleigh and during a stoppage of play, the arena played KISS' I Love It Loud
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28614

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Although it isn't using their music, an episode of 21 Elm Street had Cryptic Slaughter's Convicted album on vinyl to be seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 am

Watching 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacaton' the other night, I noticed this Gn'R poster on the wall of Audrey's bedroom...

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Guns_n_roses_wallpaper_001

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Anyone see this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc4XQPKKSUA
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 am

In the 2005 remake of The Amityville Horror the kids room has Kiss, Alice Cooper and Whitesnake posters. The oldest kid wears Kiss and Alice Cooper t-shirts.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm watching Jim Norton's stand up special "American Degenerate" and he used Motorhead's "Bomber" as his intro song when he came onstage.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Watching the movie Bandits with Bruce Willis, and the getaway driver is wearing a jacket with a Dangerous Toys patch on. Pretty random.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 am

Last night on Revolution, a band (bangos, acoustic guitars, etc) at a party in a Mexican crime lord's party was playing Living After Midnight... and not just two seconds of it, quite a bit of the song
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 7:38 am

Slipknot is playing in a scene ine the Rollerball remake.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 am

I was in Chuck E. Cheese yesterday for a kid's party and the animatronic Chuck and his furry band played 'Rock n Roll All Night'. Thought that was a little random and weird.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was in Chuck E. Cheese yesterday for a kid's party and the animatronic Chuck and his furry band played 'Rock n Roll All Night'. Thought that was a little random and weird.

I would think that would be CREEPY!  Laughing very hard 

While watching the Olympics last night, I heard the Ramones' "Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio?" in a Cadillac commercial, of all places... The narration even mentioned the band, as another example of "great things that come from American garages."

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I would think that would be CREEPY!  Laughing very hard 

Eh, I was just thankfull they didn't play 'Christeen Sixteen'.  crazy happy 

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next