Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Did anyone bring up EVH in an episode of the cringe-worthy Two and a Half Men? Sorry, I'm being a lazy ass and neglecting to scan the threads first...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Did anyone bring up EVH in an episode of the cringe-worthy Two and a Half Men? Sorry, I'm being a lazy ass and neglecting to scan the threads first...
I don't think so, I thought that was a pretty good episode myself though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Here it is. Two interesting things about this that you guys may already know: 1. Eddie has always confessed to practicing in the crapper, which is where he came up with his tapping technique, and 2. I practice in the crapper quite often. Actually, you may not already know that second fact...

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:12 am

Mike Patton of Faith No More was the voice of the monsters in the movie I Am Legend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:46 am

Lars Ulrich (as himself) in Get Him To The Greek. In bed with Rose Byrne (lucky little bastard).

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:09 am

S.D. wrote:
Lars Ulrich (as himself) in Get Him To The Greek. In bed with Rose Byrne (lucky little bastard).

I absolutely LOVE this movie!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:42 am

Not a fan of Russell Brand, but GHTTG was funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:49 am

I watched the new "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie with my sons the other night and the Ramones' "Rock N Roll High School" is played in the background during an early scene. I sez, "this automatically makes the movie cool." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Not a fan of Russell Brand.

This is why I need a 'Now I gotta turn my back on you' emoticon! Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 19976
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Brand was so damn funny in both Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him To The Greek that I became a fan.

Here's the "Jackie Q" video for Supertight featuring actress Rose Byrne and Russell Brand. Definitely NOT safe for work though...

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

This is why I need a 'Now I gotta turn my back on you' emoticon! Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 19976

When I figure out how to animate smileys, I'll make a version of my tr00 smiley to turn its back, just for you brother.

At least I like Mike Myers!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:35 am

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

When I figure out how to animate smileys, I'll make a version of my tr00 smiley to turn its back, just for you brother.

At least I like Mike Myers!

Thanks! I'm unturning my back on you for that Very Happy

I'm such a Brand fan, his stand up is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:58 am

I hate Russell Brand because he soiled Katy Perry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I hate Russell Brand because he soiled Katy Perry.

Yeah, he's soiled approximately 47% of the female population under 35 here in the U.K, and he's working on the remaing 53%. So we're used to it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:25 am

Although this pertains to video games, and not movies or TV shows, the video game Lollipop Chainsaw contains references to Bathory and Enslaved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:31 am

Last night's series finale of 'The Office' had a few gems. When the bride (Angela) walked down the aisle, an acoustic instrumental version of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' was played. I didn't catch it at first. It sounded familair, but I had to rewind to hear it again.

Then during the reception, they played 'Angela' by Motley Crue. A deep cut if ever there was one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:34 pm

During today's recap of the Cardinals' homestand they played "The Boys Are Back" by Dropkick Murphys.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:12 am

Heard the Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop" this morning in a TV commercial for... Coppertone sun tan lotion, of all things.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm

"The Heart Beneath" by Celtic Frost was used in a promo by an Anime studio back in the 1990s.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
My kids were watching "SpongeBob" over the weekend and Dee Snider appeared as a guest voice in one episode. He played "Angry Jack," the proprietor of a "Replacement Shell Emporium" where Spongebob takes his pet snail Gary after his shell gets broken.

Ha-ha!! I saw that episode this weekend too. I didn't know that was Dee! Funny. I'm glad the twins are finally getting into Spongebob. It's something we all can enjoy!

There's been quite a few "Metal Moments" on SpongeBob. Someone on the staff must be a fan. Sebastian Bach was a guest voice a while back, so was Gene Simmons (along with Shannon Tweed).
In the SpongeBob Movie you can even hear a snippet of a Motorhead song ("You Better Run," re-worked as "You Better Swim") during one scene when SpongeBob and Patrick stumble into a tough-guy, biker bar.

This was on the other day and I've never actually watched the whole movie (my kids have, many times) and I finally saw that part of the flick.... here's the track:

Also, took the kids to see epic yesterday and Steven Tyler has a part, even sang in it

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:23 am

In a skit on Tosh.0, there was a guy wearing a Sleep t-shirt, similiar to this one...

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 03782ca391595f9110632e6d1d033adee

Not something you see everyday.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:21 am

In the movie Pulse there was someone wearing a Queen t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 am

In National Lampoon's Vacation, Cousin Eddie's daughter has a thin lizzy album on display (i think its chinatown). And now, some comedy sketches:

"Pauly Shore scares the hell out of us"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 am

The other night at the Phillies game, the pre-game festivities included a high-school marching band that played 'Crazy Train'.

I've always thought the original could use more glockenspiel.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Took the kids to see Monsters University tonight..... and one of the frat houses had a KISS Rock And Roll Over poster on the wall - of I couldn't tell if it was KISS or a spoof version for the movie, but it was the Rock And Roll Over album cover
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 15 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next