Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!

Go down 
+45
Motorsud
firestarter
scottmitchell74
TH Joe
metalinmyveins
allthingsmetal
A Handful of Wayne
skullkrusher
Certif1ed
Gilbert
Leatherface
MoonChild
Ricky
QuothTheRaven
Joe
tohostudios
DallasBlack
stepcousin
Getizzyback
Ben Grimm
Troublezone
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
adrian
DeathCult
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
chewie
thejokeriv
mlotek
metalken
MetalGuy71
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Olafsto
nevermore
mc666
Fat Freddy
manny
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
JBall_Z
Sinistar
ultmetal
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Choose! The Heavy Metal Crown 1983
Accept - Balls To The Wall
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Black Sabbath - Born Again
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Def Leppard - Pyromania
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Dio - Holy Diver
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 11 ]
KISS - Lick It Up
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Krokus - Headhunter
 1% [ 1 ]
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Metallica - Kill ''''Em All
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 15 ]
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
 4% [ 3 ]
Slayer - Show No Mercy
 6% [ 4 ]
Savatage - Sirens
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:08 pm

I like Holy Diver a lot but for some reason I've always been more partial to Last in Line. I think the title track on Last In Line is a lot more epic than anything on Holy Diver but I rank both albums about the same. They're both epic and classic releases.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow, what a year. However, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I went with the first metal album that was brought into my house. The Crue's SHOUT AT THE DEVIL. A Xmas gift from my mom.

Thanks Mom! And thanks to the chick that worked at the store that suggested this album to my Mom.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Toss up between my favorite Iron Maiden album and Kill 'Em All. I went with Kill 'Em All because of the influence that it had. Piece of Mind, while a great album, didn't break any new ground. Metallica (and Slayer) were in the process of creating a new genre of metal.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Ozzy
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 am

Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind no contest. The best album by any band any era. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 am

Kill 'Em All.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 am

Really tough one. I went with Accept, but there are other favourites on the list, namely Sirens and headhunter.
Back to top Go down
Certif1ed
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 am

Sinistar wrote:
I wanted to vote for Raven this year. Well, as my fav anyway, Kill 'em All was the game changer, plus Mercyful Fate was more state of the art.

All For One is a magnificent album.

I'd still have voted Kill 'Em All, for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:52 pm

KILL 'EM ALL

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Awesome year for Metal indeed.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Mercyful Fate- Melissa

I love a lot of those other titles up there so this was tough, but if I have to pick one this would be it. Great album from beginning to end.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:37 pm

I remember my best friend back in 1983 took a plane to California to see the US Festival on Memorial Day weekend '83. I remember it being a big thing that still resonates even today. What a line-up and what a day of hard rock/heavy metal (day 2).
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

Dokken - Breaking the Chains

Queensrÿche - Queensrÿche

Saxon - Power & the Glory

Yes those albums too - damn so much good stuff came out!

Power & The Glory is classic Saxon through and through. Just before their more commercial wave of albums this would prove to be the last of the 'classic' Saxon era. Very strong material on here.

Dokken's Breaking the Chains is an underrated gem. It's often overshadowed by other Dokken albums that came out in mid - late 80s but this is still a solid release. If anything it is the beginning of Dokken's style. A bit unrefined but the band showed what they could do with this release.

Oh yeah, I love Saxon "Power And The Glory", I love the tone of the guitars and just overall sound kicks *ss. In my opinion, it was their culmination of everything they'd done up to that point, they would never again be like that band again (although they regained momentom later and are still great these days). But I couldda sworn this album came out in 1982, not '83.

As for Dokken, this album basically came out in '81, but I didnt hear it until it's '83 release. I agree about you saying it's solid yet unrefined, their peak would come with their next album, but that's a topic for the '84 thread coming soon.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:29 pm

What an awesome year. I remember when these release came out and looking back a few years later and (to me) understanding that this is where metal 'split'. Before everything was just 'heavy metal' with maybe a descriptor attached to a band but it was clear that certain bands/cds were the originators of certain styles /genres/or image-focus:
--Quiet Riot-metal health
--Motley Crue-shout at the devil
--Slayer-show no mercy
--Metallica-kill 'em all
--Dio-holy diver
etc etc
(I first heard Accept's restless and wild in early '83 and always group it with these albums in my brain)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

stepcousin wrote:
I remember my best friend back in 1983 took a plane to California to see the US Festival on Memorial Day weekend '83. I remember it being a big thing that still resonates even today. What a line-up and what a day of hard rock/heavy metal (day 2).

I was there too. Kick @$$ show headbanger Only band missiong was Dio

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 pm

My vote should probably go for Metallica and "Kill 'Em All", since it's not only my favorite album, but it also contains my favorite Metallica song of all time in "The Four Horsemen"...With that being said, I'm going with Def Leppard and "Pyromania". This album is responsible for getting me into the genre known as heavy metal, and for that reason, I will pay homage.

1. Def Leppard - Pyromania
2. Metallica - Kill 'Em All
3. Mötley Crüe - Shout at The Devil (2nd album I bought after Pyromania)
4. Dio - Holy Diver
5. Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 pm

I went with Maiden. But, seriously, they're all great albums.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 am

Holy Diver

Dio's high-water mark in a stellar career. I really think that album in amazing in how it can be slow but still menacingly heavy.

Dio \m/
Back to top Go down
firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:19 am

1. Def Leppard
2. Mötley Crue
3. Metallica

what a year...
Back to top Go down
Motorsud
Metal novice
Metal novice
Motorsud

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:51 am

Voted Metallica!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalmessiahradio.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 am

I finally chose -
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil

It was Quiet Riot and Ratt that had me more interested , but when I seen an interview and promo pics of what looked like " a new KISS", (as KISS kind of disappeared), I KNEW I had to get the Crue album when it came out.

Had no idea for 6 months there was one released before it, as the mags I was buying like Hit Parader and Circus never mentioned it I think.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Time to bump a few of these threads, since we have a new voter among us.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 am

^I assume you're talking about me, haha thank you. Well, for this year "Piece of Mind" is easily my favorite. That is just a beautiful, flawless piece of music! There are a number of albums I would have liked to have seen in this poll (Exciter's "Heavy Metal Maniac" and Oz's "Fire in the Brain", to name a few) but I still would have voted for PoM no matter what. I absolutely LOVE that album!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 am

Nico wrote:
^I assume you're talking about me, haha thank you. Well, for this year "Piece of Mind" is easily my favorite. That is just a beautiful, flawless piece of music! There are a number of albums I would have liked to have seen in this poll (Exciter's "Heavy Metal Maniac" and Oz's "Fire in the Brain", to name a few) but I still would have voted for PoM no matter what. I absolutely LOVE that album!!

Yes I am, welcome...I see that you're a big Metal Church fan. I love their first two records, unfortunately I didn't follow them much after David Wayne. There's a poll on the second page in here regarding Metal Church and their first two albums.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks for the greeting. Yeah, the first two albums with Mike Howe have their moments, but the two albums with the original line-up are really, really special to me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next