Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.

Go down 
+7
choosemetal
mr.electric39
ultmetal
Boris2008
iamrockerfun
Witchfinder
krokus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Empty
PostSubject: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 am

This was the hardest video to make till date. In 1983 hunderds of heavy metal records were released all over the world. Maybe together with 1984 more then any other time. Later in 85, 86, 87 with thrash metal and later death metal less pure heavy metal came out but 1983 was crazy like you all know.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Great video!

I need to pick up that Mindless Sinner. Sounds like great stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:50 pm

catman.
good keep rockin with videos i like em
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Some cool picks there (I obviously disagree with leaving off Metallica & Slayer but that's a dull argument)

but i would also have included

But it was a great year and a hell of a lot of records!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:40 am

Thanks guys for watching. Yes, the MINDLESS SINNER álbum is very good, you will like it.
About TANK, i played the vinyl again and of course i like it but not to be in my top 50. The other records you named like by SATAN and WITCHFINDER GENERAL i like them but again not to be in my TOP 50. It was very hard to make and i had to leave the harder bands out like EXCITER, SLAYER etc...but that was just a personal thing. In a future i will make top´s SPEED METAL RECORDS, top´s THRASH METAL records etc... YOU ARE NOT DONE WITH ME YET  lol!  Iamrockerfan thanks too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Great list. Enjoy your videos.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Dude, I want to go to your house and spend the day geeking out on some music! Haha!

Not many people in my neck of the woods that have the same interests as you and I.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Dude that was fabulous!! I have to admit I kept laughing when you hit the camera, but it added to the charm and your passion for this was awesome....

It just reminded me of this indie record shop I used to visit in 83-84 called Warped Records.... discovered a lot of new stuff there Saxon, Riot, Twisted Sister, Raven, ect.... great times....

Maybe I'd do one of these for the Christian metal releases in 83.... oh.... it'd only take 30 seconds... never mind....

Hats off to you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Dude, I want to go to your house and spend the day geeking out on some music! Haha!

Not many people in my neck of the woods that have the same interests as you and I.

Yes, that would be cool. For shore you and me would be great Friends because we have the same passion, thats for shore. Hail to you brother.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:26 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

Dude that was fabulous!!   I have to admit I kept laughing when you hit the camera, but it added to the charm and your passion for this was awesome....

It just reminded me of this indie record shop I used to visit in 83-84 called Warped Records.... discovered a lot of new stuff there Saxon, Riot, Twisted Sister, Raven, ect....   great times....

Maybe I'd do one of these for the Christian metal releases in 83.... oh.... it'd only take 30 seconds... never mind....

Hats off to you!

Yeah, the camara was behaving a little strange  Laughing . Thanks for watching. I am happ you liked it. Yes, 1983 was just amazing. I am younger than you and i discover a lot of this stuff back in the early 90s but since then they are a important part in my life.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Krokus, I remember you saying that you were big fan of Desaster or was it Nocturnal? I think it would be sick to show off your collection from one of those bands.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 am

Wow! I have a lot of listening to do! So many albums I haven't heard. I'm looking forward to checking them out. That Jag Panzer record looks really cool.

The only album you didn't mention that I would have on my list is Witchfynde's Cloak & Dagger. It's one of my all-time favorite metal albums of any year. This is my favorite song off that album:

Another album that might make my list is Against All Odds by Quartz if it can be considered heavy metal. I really like that album. This song is so much awesomeness.

Great job as always. By the way, your English is excellent. In contrast, I know pretty much no Spanish. I didn't know the restaurant El Pollo Loco served chicken until I saw an advertisement with photos of grilled chicken. Not even kidding, LOL.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 1:16 am

Great video! 1983, the year I graduated high school and KISS took off their make-up.  Some great ol' albums there, Krokus.  Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever heard of the band Highway Chile?  They put out a very good album called Storybook Heroes in '83.  One of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:14 am

Great Video as always Krokus! You have a passion that very few have for our music.Its great and refreshing to see.Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Krokus, I remember you saying that you were big fan of Desaster or was it Nocturnal? I think it would be sick to show off your collection from one of those bands.  headbanger 

Yes, i am a big DESASTER fan, for shore ones i will make a video showing what i own by them. For now i send you a photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=558808257472030&l=b83b74c8f1
This is not a new photo, now i have some more stuff by them.
About NOCTURNAL, like them too very much. Still dont have their new álbum but will buy it when i can. Thanks for watching my videos.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Wow! I have a lot of listening to do! So many albums I haven't heard. I'm looking forward to checking them out. That Jag Panzer record looks really cool.

The only album you didn't mention that I would have on my list is Witchfynde's Cloak & Dagger. It's one of my all-time favorite metal albums of any year. This is my favorite song off that album:

Another album that might make my list is Against All Odds by Quartz if it can be considered heavy metal. I really like that album. This song is so much awesomeness.

Great job as always. By the way, your English is excellent. In contrast, I know pretty much no Spanish. I didn't know the restaurant El Pollo Loco served chicken until I saw an advertisement with photos of grilled chicken. Not even kidding, LOL.

hahaha, funny about the restaurante EL POLLO LOCO. I am happy you like the way i speak English, i try my best hahaha. About WITCHFYNDE i dont have that record in my collection but i should because the song you sent with your message is very good. Ones i will buy it for shore. About QUARTZ the same, i dont own that record. Have only a mini lp by them. Thanks for talking about this two albums. I know about them forever but never bought them.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Great video! 1983, the year I graduated high school and KISS took off their make-up.  Some great ol' albums there, Krokus.  Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever heard of the band Highway Chile?  They put out a very good album called Storybook Heroes in '83.  One of my all time favorites.

Thanks for watching. Yes, i own some records by HIGHWAY CHILE (FEVER, STORYBOOK HEROES, and FOR THE WILD AND LONELY), they are from Holland, like me. Great band and that record is cool but i listen to it again when i was working on making this list and i just thought that those other 50 records are better. Still a good álbum of course. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Great Video as always Krokus! You have a passion that very few have for our music.Its great and refreshing to see.Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot for your message, the way you see me in the video thats the way i am always since i was 14 and i still like our movement a lot. Like you, i will be into it forever and ever. Take care!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Didn't know you were making videos. I'll have to check the rest of them out. Some good stuff on the list and a lot I didn't even know about. Keep up with the videos, good job! Are you going to do every year or just random stuff when you come up with something?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Didn't know you were making videos. I'll have to check the rest of them out. Some good stuff on the list and a lot I didn't even know about. Keep up with the videos, good job! Are you going to do every year or just random stuff when you come up with something?

Hello bro. Yes, i am making videos, since January. On my channel on you tube you can already see more then 50 videos. I make new ones ones or twice a week or so, i will see when i have time really. Subscribe to my channel and like that you will stayed informed. Thanks a lot for watching. Amazing year 1983.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.   My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new video. TOP 50 HEAVY METAL FROM 1983.
Page 1 of 1