Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Discography

Go down 
+24
jettafiend
brokentulsa
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Required Fields
ShadowAngel
mlotek
ultmetal
snooloui
metalken
mr.electric39
metalinmyveins
Dave the Boss
James B.
DeathCult
Planchaaaa
kmorg
chewie
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
thejokeriv
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40750

Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh yeah , Crazy World is a great album! They were playing the heck out of this when it first came out and that made me run out and get it. Fantastic stuff throughout although I think the album closes on a strange note-Send Me An Angel should not be placed there. Other than that minor quibble , I thoroughly enjoy this thing. Faves are Tease Me,Please Me , Don't Believe Her, the title track, and Hit Between The Eyes.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:16 am

The Scorpions "World Wide Live" Still ranks as one of my favorite live shows of all time. Since the band stuck to playing nothing prior to the "Lovedriver" album, it would have been nice to hear the title track played. I've always liked the studio sound of "Coast to Coast", but that song in a live setting gives me the goose bumps. I don't know quite how to explain it... The other song that sounds better live than its studio sound would be "Can't Live Without You". It's a great energy song live, and is helped out by Mr. Meine whipping the crowd into a frenzy. Great, Great live record!!!

Perhaps, I should hate "Savage Amusement" like most other people on here, but I really like this album. It's funny, because I was really into the thrash bands at this time, so you would think I would've been dumping all over the Scorps for this release, but that didn't happen.

Favorite tracks:

1. Don't Stop at the Top
2. Media Overkill
3. Rhythm of Love
4. Believe in Love
5. Passion Rules the Game
6. Walking on the Edge

..don't care for the rest.

Damn, I had no idea there was a different track list for the Best of Scorpions "Best of Rockers 'N' Ballads". In typical U.S fashion we get the lesser amount of tracks and the crappier product. So it goes... I think that I only had "Love at First Sting", "World Wide Live" and "Savage Amusement" at the time this came out, so it was nice addition in the sense that it made me want to dive deeper into the Scorps catalog. I did really dig the cover of "I Can't Explain".

I didn't listen to this album for years. First off, I was totally into the thrash movement by 1990, and songs like "Tease Me, Please Me" were annoying, and I thought the album would be full of songs like that one. "Winds of Change" was/is a beautiful song, but hearing it didn't make me want to go out and get the album. By the time all the compilation hair metal albums were coming out in the late 90's, you could find this song on all of them, so I just went with the comp. When I finally did hear this album all the way through, I supposed I was surprised in what I missed out on. There were definitely some rockers on this album. I ended up really digging at least 6 of the tracks. Favorite tracks in order:

1. Don't Believe Her
2. Winds of Change
3. Send Me an Angel
4. Restless Nights
5. Hit Between the Eyes
6. Tease Me, Please Me

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

I like the opening riff to "cheeze me, pleeze me", but once that chorus hits... I'm out. "Send Me An Angel" is really cool and I can live without ever hearing "window change" ever again. A friend recently gave me the cassette of this, maybe I'll listen to it to see if I like anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:09 pm

I actually felt Crazy World was a step down in the songwriting. I think calling it americanized is perfect, like they were trying to be more Warrant like. I can Send Me an Angel on as a song that had that audience in mind. Maybe less glossy then Savage Amusement but a lot of it seems firmly in the hair metal camp. Doesn't mean I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12820

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Crazy World.....few good tunes. The begining of the end for me. I still play the older stuff tons. Bummer when a band you grew up with loses that thing you enjoyed about them.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Animal Magnetism & Blackout were the first two Scorps records I had, both excellent albums all the way. Love At First Sting is just as good, it's just overplayed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Scorpions Discography - Page 7 220px-27
Scorpions - Face The Heat
Released September 21, 1993

1. "Alien Nation" (5:44)
2. "No Pain, No Gain" (3:55)
3. "Someone to Touch" (4:28)
4. "Under the Same Sun" (4:52)
5. "Lliance" (5:16)
6. "Woman" (5:56)
7. "Hate to Be Nice" (4:30)
8. "Taxman Woman" (4:30)
9. "Ship of Fools" (4:15)
10. "Nightmare Avenue" (3:54)
11. "Lonely Nights" (4:44)
BONUS TRACKS
12. "Destiny" (3:17)
13. "Daddy's Girl" (4:17)

After the highly successful "Crazy World" album/tour, the Scorpions where in for a big change. Long time bass player Francis Buchholz would leave the band. The official line was that he and the band made a mutual decision for Francis to leave, due to him having a young family. Year later, Francis would say it had to do with band's new management. He had previously run much of the business side of Scorpions and wasn't happy with the new management the band selected. He felt the didn't understand the music business or German tax law. The rumor was that he was stealing the tax money from the band and funneling it to himself. What really happened, I don't know - the truth is probably somewhere in between.

After hiring Ralph Rieckerman to handle bass duties, the band hit the studio with Bruce Fairbairn to handle production. Fairbairn has previously ditched Scorpions to produce AC/DC's 'The Razor's Edge', so it was surprising that Scorpions decided to work with him on this album. The band also continued use of outside songwriters - this time using Mark Hudson who is part of the 'Boneyard Boys' AKA the Aerosmith songwriting team (along with Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Marti Frederiksen).

The resulting album is not the best Scorpions album, but not the worst either. It is better than 'Savage Amusement' but not as good as 'Crazy World'. Fairbairn continued the Americanization of the Scorps. It resulted in a hard rockin, kinda metal bland album. The production is typical Bruce Fairbairn, slick and non-descriptive. The opening track, 'Alien Nation', is probably the best track on the album. 'Under The Same Sun' was featured in the closing credits of the Steven Segal movie 'On Deadly Ground' - one of his worst I might add. Other than Klaus' voice, the album lack the Scorpions sound and sounds like you could add the singer from any other band Fairbairn produced and you would think it was that band. You can tell that Francis is not playing bass - the bass lines sound and feel different.

The album did not do well, only reaching Gold status in Germany. It was a huge bomb compared to the multi-platinum status of 'Crazy World'. Of course, by the time this was released 'Grunge' had happened and most Metal bands not named Metallica or Van Hager couldn't sell 1 million plus albums

Overall, it's an OK listen, but not what I reach for when I am in Scorpions mood.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 pm

In a nutshell... this is CRAZY WORLD PART II. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's obviously "formula." You can just picture them going "OK guys, we sold a sh*t load of CRAZY WORLD so let's do another album just like it..."

It's got some decent stuff on it though, I dig "Alien Nation," "Unholy Alliance," "Taxman Woman" (even though the title makes no sense) and "Nightmare Avenue" to name just a few.

"Under the Same Sun" is a somewhat successful attempt at cloning "Wind of Change," unfortunately for the band by the time this album was released (1993) the real Winds of Change were blowing thru the music scene and in the U.S. at least, this one sank without a trace.

When I bought this years ago as a new release, the CD (which I no longer have) included a hidden track - I think it was an Elvis Presley cover ("Marie's the name of his latest flame," whatever that song is called).

As for Ralph Rieckermann - apparently he does movie scores nowadays. I saw his name turn up in the credits of some cheap-ass SyFy Channel movie I watched a couple of weeks ago!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 pm

I never heard or owned this album, but I'd see used copies of it everywhere. Not a good sign.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
When I bought this years ago as a new release, the CD (which I no longer have) included a hidden track - I think it was an Elvis Presley cover ("Marie's the name of his latest flame," whatever that song is called).

In case it comes up on Jeopardy, that track is called "His Latest Flame"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm

I agree with Jokerman and FF's review of the album, I think I may have enjoyed it a little more then the both of those guys but other then the title track there is not much that stands out about the album, as a matter a fact while it is enjoyable while it is on, once I take off, none of the songs stick to my brain.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

YAWN

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40750

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 pm

I've only ever heard one song off this (Under The Same Sun) and wasn't too impressed. It's an okay song but doesn't make me want to go out and buy the cd (and I've also seen this used numerous times). Oh well,maybe one of these days I'll break down and give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 pm

I liked the song Alien Nation, but I never felt I needed to own this album.

I did see them on this tour because King's X was the opener. This is when I saw them play the mini 70s set... that was way cool (In Trance and He's a Woman I definitely remember them playing)......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

I hear Alien Nation and was excited about this but other then No Pain, No Gain and the title track this is pretty blah. Too bad, they'd been a great run imo.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 am

I don't have the album "Face the Heat", but I was bored to death listening to it. I hate to admit stuff like that, but for me this was the end of the end. Perhaps there were other Scorpions offerings down the road that would've gotten me more excited about the band, but I've honestly never heard anything from these guys beyond this album. I will be anxious to hear reviews on "Humanity Hour 1" and "Sting of the Tail", as these seem to get positive reviews from people. So, this is where I bow out, since I wouldn't be able to comment any further.

I only have four tracks that I like on "Face the Heat"

1. Alien Nation
2. Unholy Alliance
3. Lonely Nights
4. Woman

....the rest ugh.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 am

Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Live_b10
Scorpions - Live Bites
Released April 1995

Track List:
"Tease Me Please Me" - 4:52
"Is There Anybody There?" - 4:08
"Rhythm of Love" - 3:45
"In Trance" - 4:06
"No Pain No Gain" - 4:06
"When the Smoke Is Going Down" - 2:37
"Ave Maria No Morro" - 3:15 (not on North American release)
"Living for Tomorrow" - 6:55
"Concerto in V" - 3:00
"Alien Nation" - 5:29
"Hit Between The Eyes" - 4:08 (not on North American release)
"Crazy World" - 5:33
"Wind of Change" - 5:47
"Edge of Time" (new studio track; North American release only)
"Heroes Don't Cry" - 4:32 (new studio track)
"White Dove" - 4:17 (new studio track; cover of Omega song "Gyöngyhajú lány")

After the failure of 'Face The Heat', Scorpions decided to release another live album. This one was recorded on multiple tours between 1998 and 1994. The tracks where taken from shows in San Francisco, Mexico City, Leningrad, Berlin and Munich. The album also included three new tracks, 'Edge Of Time', 'Heroes Don't Cry' and 'White Dove'. The new tracks are rather bland.

The live tracks sound great - the production quality is much better than the vastly superior live albums 'Tokyo Tapes' and 'World Wide Live'. The best inclusion on the album is 'In Trance', one of the best tracks from the Uli Jon Roth era. Also included is the awesome 'Is There Anybody There' from 'Lovedrive'. The rest of the tracks are a best of list from the past three albums. I would have liked to see 'Don't Believe Her' included as well, but it's not.....

The albums sales where nowhere near the sales numbers of 'World Wide Live' and the Scorpions continued to not be able to move much product in the US, or the rest of the world for that matter. This album didn't receive any certification anywhere in the world and only hit # 66 on the charts in Germany.

Overall, a decent listen with decent production quality but not a classic like their previous live efforts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

Do not own this album, will eventually add it to complete my Scorpions discography but not an essential album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

I saw this live album for the first time two years ago in one of the used C.D stores I frequent. I said to myself. "I wonder when this came out?" Much to my amazement it said 1995. I then realized how out of touch I was with the Scorpions and the albums they released post 1993. I was also shocked to see that they had songs like "In Trance" and "When the Smoke is Going Down" on this release. I suppose at some point in time, I will check it out, and who knows maybe I will even purchase it, if the price is right...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am

Never bothered with this one, it simply reeked of "contract obligation"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:25 am

Scorpions Discography - Page 7 220px-28
Scorpions - Pure Instinct
Released May 21. 1996

Track List:
1. "Wild Child" (4:16)
2. "But The Best For You" (5:19)
3. "Does Anyone Know" (5:55)
4. "Stone In My Shoe" (4:37)
5. "Soul Behind The Face" (3:59)
6. "Oh Girl (I Wanna Be With You)" (3:48)
7. "When You Came Into My Life" (5:27)
8. "Where The River Flows" (4:09)
9. "Time Will Call Your Name" (3:56)
10. "You And I" (6:13)
11. "Are You The One?" (3:11)

After the release of the 'contract obligation' live album, Scorpions switched labels to East West and hit the studio to record a new album. Long time drummer Herman Rarebell left the band prior to the recording of the album to start up his own record label. Curt Cress was hired to handle drums on the album. Afterwards, Kingdom Come/McAuley Schenker Group drummer James Kottak was hired. He remains with the band to this day.

Once again, Scorpions had some album cover controversy. Some people didn't like the naked family in a cage and the album cover was replaced in some locations with this one:
Scorpions Discography - Page 7 220px-29

Also, unfortunately for Scorpions the album did not sound like the album cover or name of the album. This one is a pure mid 90's radio rock and has more in common with the Goo Goo Dolls or Matchbox 20 than Scorpions. This one ranks near the bottom of the Scorpions catalog. Other than Klaus' unique voice, the album is very Americanized. I can only guess that Klaus and Rudolph thought they could try to sound like alt rock and sell millions of copies in the US. The blame for this one rest on the shoulders of Klaus and Rudolph as they wrote all the songs without outside song writers. Only one track had additional song writers. I have no idea what they where thinking with this one.

Overall, if you are in a mellow, melodic mood it's not a bad listen. I hadn't heard it in years before listening to it for this review and I remember why - I have a really hard time listening to Scorpions try to sound like the Goo Goo Dolls or any adult alt rock band. If you don't have this one, you aren't missing much. It's crazy how far the mighty Scorpions had fallen.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 am

bigger yawn

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Overall, if you are in a mellow, melodic mood it's not a bad listen. I hadn't heard it in years before listening to it for this review and I remember why - I have a really hard time listening to Scorpions try to sound like the Goo Goo Dolls or any adult alt rock band. If you don't have this one, you aren't missing much. It's crazy how far the mighty Scorpions had fallen.....

Thanks for saving me from grabbing this one. The $500,000 question will be, is this the worst Scorpions album or will it be the next steaming pile of hooha called "Eye II Eye"? Regarding the Goo Goo Dolls, I actually love "Hold Me Up" and "Superstar Car Wash" (which were albums prior to their explosion on the scene). I like a "Boy Named Goo" as well, but I can understand why people would hate this. With that being said, I don't want the Scorps to venture into unknown territory, by trying to sound like certain 90's alternative bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 am

The Scorps certainly had their share of controversial covers didn't they? Thats about 4 or 5 now isn't it. Were they going for some kinda record?

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:02 am

"Pure Instinct" should have been called "Pure Sh!t". 95% ballady crap, 5% uncomfortable rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Discography
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next