Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Discography

Go down 
+24
jettafiend
brokentulsa
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Required Fields
ShadowAngel
mlotek
ultmetal
snooloui
metalken
mr.electric39
metalinmyveins
Dave the Boss
James B.
DeathCult
Planchaaaa
kmorg
chewie
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
thejokeriv
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Quote :
This is a must have album for all Scorpions collections. If you don't have it, get it.

*sigh* Yea, yea, yea. Add it to the list.

Anyone ever see this movie?

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 220px-StonedAgePoster

There's a line in the movie where one guy is describing the girl and he says "Dude, she looks like the chick from the Virgin Killers album". Funny movie. And yea, that chick there on the cover does get nekkid.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

manny wrote:

"Catch Your Train' is as catchy as an STD as is 'Backstage Queen'

And the Backstage Queen probably gave Klaus an STD
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
This is a must have album for all Scorpions collections. If you don't have it, get it.

*sigh* Yea, yea, yea. Add it to the list.

Anyone ever see this movie?

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 220px-StonedAgePoster

There's a line in the movie where one guy is describing the girl and he says "Dude, she looks like the chick from the Virgin Killers album". Funny movie. And yea, that chick there on the cover does get nekkid.

I liked the movie, even though they were trying to somewhat replicate "Dazed & Confused". The BOC comments were funny, regarding "Don't Fear the Reaper", of course Ox Beer "But they're talls", the pissing in the ice cube tray, and when the boys bring the Schnapsters over, only to get turned down with the line, "Yeah, I liked that stuff when I was in the 7th grade".

Good flick...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Quote :
I liked the movie, even though they were trying to somewhat replicate "Dazed & Confused". The BOC comments were funny, regarding "Don't Fear the Reaper", of course Ox Beer "But they're talls", the pissing in the ice cube tray, and when the boys bring the Schnapsters over, only to get turned down with the line, "Yeah, I liked that stuff when I was in the 7th grade".

I never cared for Dazed & Confused. My friends and I related to this movie way more. We still quote from it. Yea, the BOC stuff was funny.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 pm

I think it's on par with "In Trance", which is a compliment, as both are killer records, but the band's next album is their best with Uli. I love the tracks "Pictured Life", "Catch Your Train", and "Backstage Queen".
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I never cared for Dazed & Confused. My friends and I related to this movie way more. We still quote from it. Yea, the BOC stuff was funny.

My brother and I can quote "The Stoned Age", and we can practically memorize "Dazed & Confused". For me, "Dazed & Confused" or "Almost Famous" are probably my favorite period pieces in relation to the 70's.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:40 pm

A buddy of mine had this album way back in '81 and I musta heard it a thousand times. I love this album, they really turned it up a notch. The hippy elements of the former albums were mostly gone and they were heading into the late 70's on a high note.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Catch your Train is one of my all time favorite Scorps tunes.... Uli just BURNS!!!!!!

Pictured Life kicks absolute hiney......

A great album....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12819

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 am

Kick @$$ lp.....plain and simple

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 am

An excellent album filled with great songs: Pictured Life, Catch Your Train, Polar Nights and even Yellow Raven.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 220px-11
Scorpions - Taken By Force
Released January 1978

Track List:
Side one
"Steamrock Fever" (Schenker/Meine) – 3:37
"We'll Burn the Sky" (Schenker/Dannemann) – 6:26
"I've Got to Be Free" (Roth) – 4:00
"The Riot of Your Time" (Schenker/Meine) – 4:09

Side two
"The Sails of Charon" (Roth) – 5:16 (most versions of the album contain a 4:23 edited version)
"Your Light" (Roth) – 4:31
"He's a Woman – She's a Man" (Schenker/Meine/Rarebell) – 3:15
"Born to Touch Your Feelings" (Schenker/Meine) – 7:40

Following the release of Virgin Killer, Rudy Lenners left the Scorps due to health reasons. He was replaced by long term Scorpions drummer (and fan favorite) Herman "Ze German" Rarebell. Herman's style of playing would be immediately felt on the new album. Herman Ze German also spoke and wrote the best English of all the Scorpions and he would begin to write lyrics to the songs.

Musically, the album picks up right where Virgin Killer left off but with even more 70's Metal heaviness to it. This album just rocks!!!! With awesome tracks such as the lead off single, "Steamrock Fever" you just know this album will kick a$$. 'He's a woman, she's a man" is another well known track from "Taken By Force"

"We'll Burn The Sky" is an awesome ballad that would lay the foundation for future Scorpions ballads. This one was written by Rudolph and Monika Dannemann who is better know as the last girlfriend of Hendrix. Uli also dated Dannemann after Hendrix's death - maybe taking his love of Hendrix and influences a bit too far. Uli also wasn't happy about the more commercial direction the Scorpions where taking and announced his departure following the 'taken By Force" tour.

This is yet another must have for Scorpions fans. It sometimes gets lost between the great "Virgin Killer" and "Tokyo Tapes" but it may be the best Uli Jon Roth era Scorpions studio album and another must have.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Great album. Brought it into work with me and just played it this morning. I have the re-issue with a coupla live tracks tacked on the end and this cover...

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Scorpions+Takenby

It was nice to finally hear the original versions of "He's a Woman..." and "Sails of Charon" after hearing their cover versions for so long (Helloween and Testament respectively)

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Sails is the defining song on here imo. Great listen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It was nice to finally hear the original versions of "He's a Woman..." and "Sails of Charon" after hearing their cover versions for so long (Helloween and Testament respectively)

I don't have TAKEN BY FORCE yet but these are the two songs from it that I know, because of those cover songs.

Helstar also covered "He's a Woman, She's a Man" on one of their early albums (I forget which off the top of my head)

So yeah, that's all I got for this one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm

This is my favorite Scorpions album, love every track on this album, and it makes me wonder why I have not gotten around to replacing my vinyl copy for a CD version? I will have to do that this year.

'We'll Burn the Sky" is a great song as is 'Your Light'. The worst song on the album 'He's A Woman...' is still a great track.

Not much else to say it except this album rocks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40742

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Great album. Brought it into work with me and just played it this morning. I have the re-issue with a coupla live tracks tacked on the end and this cover...

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Scorpions+Takenby

Yeah I've never heard anything off Taken By Force but those 2 songs I am familiar with just because of the cover versions (Helstar does a version of He's A Woman... also).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

I bought this album four years ago, and it was my first purchase of the Scorpions in the Uli Jon Roth era. I don't know if it's my favorite Scorpions album of all time, due to the fact that I haven't been listening to this one for years, like I have with 80's Scorpions. With that being said, it's chock full of killer tunes.

Favorites in order:

1. Sails of Charon
2. We'll Burn the Sky
3. Steamrock Fever
4. He's A Woman, She's A Man
5. the Riot of Your Time
6. I've Got to be Free
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 pm

I didn't get this album until recently. it was always sold as a high priced import on Lp and never available on cassette... at least in San Jose. I knew a lot of the tunes because they appeared on Tokyo Tapes.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12819

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 pm

I have both covers on vinyl and one of those 70's "bootleg" vinyls of a show in Holland from this tour. This is probably my favorite Scorps album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 am

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 220px-12
Scorpions - Best Of Scorpions
Released 1978

Track List:

Side one
"Steamrock Fever" (from the album Taken by Force) (3:35)
"Pictured Life" (from the album Virgin Killer) (3:23)
"Robot Man" (from the album In Trance) (2:42)
"Backstage Queen" (from the album Virgin Killer) (3:12)
"Speedy's Coming" (from the album Fly to the Rainbow) (3:35)
"Hell Cat" (from the album Virgin Killer) (2:54)

Side two
"He's a Woman, She's a Man" (from the album Taken by Force) (3:14)
"In Trance" (from the album In Trance) (4:43)
"Dark Lady" (from the album In Trance) (3:25)
"The Sails of Charon" (from the album Taken by Force) (4:24)
"Virgin Killer" (from the album Virgin Killer) (3:41)

In 1978, RCA released the first Scorpions "Greatest Hits" package. As per the norm, this was a quick cash grab from RCA as the Scorps record contract was about to run out. Like several of the previous Scorpions albums, this one had multiple cover - the original shown at the top, the Japan version:

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Bestof10

The 1984 US re-release had the following cover:

Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Bestof11

Of note, the Japan version features the original version of "Sails Of Charon" at a time of 5:16. The US/European version features an edited version of the song at 4:24.

I actually don't have this album, since I already have all of the songs on the studio albums. But, if you want to get a good sample of the Scorpion's 70's Uli Jon Roth studio output, this would be a great album to pick up.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

This is one of those comp albums that maybe a cash grab but is solidly put together and flows nicely, one of my fav comp albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

Never saw/heard this one. I like the tracklisting though. Is this still available on cd or is it out-of-print?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never saw/heard this one. I like the tracklisting though. Is this still available on cd or is it out-of-print?

I think it is out of print - Amazon only lists is a MP3 download
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:58 am

Ahhhh, nuts. Mad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ahhhh, nuts. Mad

Yeah..... I'd like to get the original cover on CD just to have it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Discography
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next