Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions Discography

Go down 
+24
jettafiend
brokentulsa
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Required Fields
ShadowAngel
mlotek
ultmetal
snooloui
metalken
mr.electric39
metalinmyveins
Dave the Boss
James B.
DeathCult
Planchaaaa
kmorg
chewie
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
thejokeriv
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 820

Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Animal Magnetism is my all time favourite Scorpions record. Every track is awesome. I remember the guy behind the counter showing it to me when I went to the record store that spring day. He played the whole thing for me when I was in the store
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:20 am

It took me a while to get this album, and I'm not sure quite why? I think when you have an album sandwiched in between the likes of "Lovedrive" and "Blackout", that can happen. "The Zoo" has been the one staple that seems to be played live over the years, but the rest of the tracks seem to go unnoticed (in regards to being played live). "Make it Real" was played on a regular basis for the next couple of tours, but like I stated, the band just doesn't delve much into this album. It would be nice to see them play "Falling in Love" or "Animal Magnetism" live on this last tour, as they are just killer tracks. Great album...

Favorite tracks in order:

1. Falling In Love
2. The Zoo
3. Animal Magnetism
4. Hold Me Tight
5. Make It Real
6. 20th Century Man
7. Only A Man
8. Don't Make No Promises
9. Lady Starlight
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Scorpions Discography - Page 5 220px-10
Scorpions - Blackout
Released March 29, 1982

Track List:

Side one
"Blackout" (Schenker/Meine/Rarebell/Kittelsen) – 3:49
"Can't Live Without You" (Schenker/Meine) – 3:47
"No One Like You" (Schenker/Meine) – 3:57
"You Give Me All I Need" (Schenker/Rarebell) – 3:39
"Now!" (Schenker/Meine/Rarebell) – 2:35

Side two
"Dynamite" (Schenker/Meine/Rarebell) – 4:12
"Arizona" (Schenker/Rarebell) – 3:56
"China White" (Schenker/Meine) – 6:59
"When the Smoke Is Going Down" (Schenker/Meine) – 3:51

After the release of "Animal Magnetism", Klaus began to experience throat problems and had to undergo surgery on his vocal chords. At the time, it wasn't know if Klaus would be ever to sign again. Fortunately for fan of Metal worldwide, this was not the case. During the time it took Klaus to recover, the band began working on the next album. Don Dokken was brought in to provide guide vocal tracks. Klaus healed up and was able to record his vocal tracks.

"Blackout" was released and became Scorpion's fastest selling album to date. For the tour, they finally began to headline arenas in the US and Canada. Support in this tour came from another up and coming Metal band called Iron Maiden on "The Number Of The Beast" tour. The band also had the slot just before Van Halen at Heavy Metal Day at the US Festival in 1983. The concert was aired on radio and on MTV, which gave the band big time exposure.

The album is just amazing - they production was taken up a notch from the previous two albums and sounded bigger, fuller and harder. The songwriting was once again top notch - just look at the tracklist featuring "Blackout", "Can't Live Without You", "Dynamite" and their breakout hit:

[youtube][/youtube]

No one like you was a big FM Album Rock hit and the video also received plenty of air play on MTV. This was also the first Scorpions album I ever owned and the one that turned me into a fan. Also, of note, the song "China White" features a solo from Rudolph. According to Wikipedia, Rudolph couldn't decided between two solos, so the US version contained one of them and the UK version the other.

This is yet another must have Scorpions album - they where on an amazing run of great albums from the mid 70's with no sign of stopping. Superstardom was just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 pm

This was where I first heard of the Scorpions. I was 12 years old, I was watching a lot of MTV and the video for "No One Like You" was getting a hella lot of play at the time. The video kinda gave me the creeps for some reason (must've been the scene with Schenker with the forks in his eyes running around the prison smashing a guitar) but I couldn't deny that it was a bad-ass song.

It was several years later before I finally got my own copy of BLACKOUT but once I heard it in its entirety, the Scorps became one of my favorites.

Oh, and "China White" = headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

This album helped define the sound of music for the next few years. Everything was big, guitars, huge drum sound, huge production and the good thing was, the songs smoked. Not one bad song on this monster. One of those albums that was overplayed and I still didn't get tired of it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This was where I first heard of the Scorpions. I was 12 years old, I was watching a lot of MTV and the video for "No One Like You" was getting a hella lot of play at the time. The video kinda gave me the creeps for some reason (must've been the scene with Schenker with the forks in his eyes running around the prison smashing a guitar) but I couldn't deny that it was a bad-ass song.

I had a similiar experience. A kid in the neighborhood had a backpatch of that album cover and I remember being kinda creeped out by it.

By the way, does anyone know why the album In Trance seems to be so dang expensive? I've been lookning around the last few days and that album in particular seems to sell for ridiculous amounts compared to others in their catalog.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40748

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 pm

I love Blackout ! This is another great release by the group.They were just on fire during this period.Another one that's just strong from start to finish (although I am a little sick of No One Like You-that thing gets played constantly to this day).Besides all the tunes that got played live,a song I've always been partial to is Arizona - cool song !
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 pm

This was my first Scorpions album I owned, order it from BMG Get 4 Records for the price of one, and I ordered ZZTOP-Elimantor, Rainbow-Bent out of Shape, Deep Purple-When We Rock, We Rock, When we Roll, We Roll and the Scorpions-Black Out

I bought this because I saw the video of 'No One Like You' on MTV but by time I bought it the album had been out for over a year but I did not know nor would I have cared, I was only 13 but I was about to become a life long fan.

I had no idea that this band was on its tenth year as recording act with this album, all I knew is that I loved it, it kicked off with the one, two punch of the title track and 'Can't Live Without You'

Also a cool little melodic tune 'Arizona' and 'China White' that FF mentioned, overall a great album and like Naz said this album was one of those albums that helped define the sound for the next few years, hell the next decade.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Animal Magnetism: Another amazing record by the Scorpions, tremendous songs and guitars that just won't go away.

Blackout: Played the crap outta this back when it came out, it was one of many soundtracks to my life and many others. Everybody I knew loved the Scorpions, and this was the peak of their career in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12819

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 pm

In regards to US 83', the Scorps stole the show (IMHO)

"Blackout" is my favorite of the 80's releases

The hooks in "No One Like You" are killer !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:51 am

Without a doubt, I feel like this was the Scorpions finest hour in the decade of the 80's, and it might even be their best overall. Favorite tracks in order:

1. Blackout
2. China White
3. Can't Live Without You
4. No One Like You
5. You Give Me All I Need
6. Arizona
7. Dynamite
8. When The Smoke Is Going Down
9. Now!

By the way, one of the sites I frequent quite a bit, Hear Rock City has what is thought to be the only live recording of "China White" in Toledo on 8-7-82. I downloaded it months ago. The sound is what I would call average for a live show, but "China White" was played. I had to have it...

http://hearrockcity.blogspot.com/search/label/Scorpions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am

I thought I was the only one that really like China White.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm

China White is a great song, as is When The Smoke Is Going Down.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:54 am

I ended up behind on this:

Lovedrive - Great album, I still think that the song Lovedrive is similar to "Lights Out" by UFO. "Is There Anybody There" is the first and only Reggae/Metal song(that I know of) that only the Scorps could get away with.... and I do like that song

Animal Magnetism - Like metalinmyveins says I think that this gets forgotten being between Lovedrive and Blackout. "Lady Starlight" is a great song that sounds like it could have been off of In Trance or Virgin Killer. "Only A Man", "Make It Real"..... The title track is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Blackout - What can you say about this album... "Dynamite"! "Arizona" is a good fun song. I can pretty much play this album all the way through without skipping a song.

I call this the great Scorps trilogy. After this album the production on the next one got real slick and it seemed trebly.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 am

Scorpions Discography - Page 5 220px-20
Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Released March 27, 1984

Track list:
1. "Bad Boys Running Wild" (3:53)
2. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (4:10)
3. "I'm Leaving You" (4:10)
4. "Coming Home" (4:58)
5. "The Same Thrill" (3:30)
6. "Big City Nights" (4:02)
7. "As Soon as the Good Times Roll" (5:02)
8. "Crossfire" (4:33)
9. "Still Loving You" (6:27)

After the release of 'Blackout', the Scorpions became a headline act in the US and began to play arenas. After building a following with the last three albums, the next album would be key to their success. Klaus, Rudolph and Mathias hit the studio to record the follow up album. This time, Herman Rarebell and Francis Buchholz were temporarily out of the band (not sure why - never found out) and studio musicians where brought in to play drums and bass. Bobby Rondinelli (Ranibow) and Jimmy Bain (Dio/Rainbow) where brought in to handle the tracks. That said, I never knew until years later as the album credits the same lineup as the past few albums.

The production was kicked up a notch to sound mid 80's modern - lots of reverb on the guitars and the mid 80's heavy reverb snare drum sound. Yet the album still had a "metallic" sound to it without sounding too slick.

The album would be released and sell well but really took off with the second single:

[youtube][/youtube]

Rock You Like A Hurricane would become one of Scorpion's biggest hit and launch them into superstar status - the song with the awesome, awesome opening riff, catchy chorus and awesome solo. It helped that MTV played the video constantly - this is one of those song that was 'overplayed', yet I never get tired of it. My son loves this track and asks to hear it in the car a lot.

This is yet another Scorps album filled with classics - from the opening 'Bad Boys Running Wild' to 'Coming Home' and 'Big City Nights'.

The other big time hit from 'Love At First Sting' was 'Still Lovin You' which is my all time favorite Scorpions ballad. This one also got mega MTV exposure. Rudolph and Klaus sure know how to write a GREAT power ballad and this one was no exception.

There was, once again, some album cover controversy. Because of a Wal-Mart complaint, an alternate cover was issued for Wal-Mart and those stores not wanting to display the original cover:
Scorpions Discography - Page 5 220px-19

The alternate album cover was simply a picture of the band that was featured on the inside sleeve of the LP.

This is yet another awesome, awesome album by the Scorpions and another must have. Some people may get tired of the "hits" or complain about the production, but not me. I love it and it is probably my favorite Scorpions album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 am

A great album that used to spin often (on vinyl back in those days) that managed to be one the metal bands that chicks started digging.

Love this album and it was played at many many teenage gatherings back in the day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 am

This is where I bow out of the Scorps for awhile. Classic album, yes indeed. I just don't want to hear it ever again. Radio/MTV overkill for me for certain.

Quote :
This time, Herman Rarebell and Francis Buchholz were temporarily out of the band (not sure why - never found out)

Don't know about Herman, but Francis was shown the door because he and the band's manager at the time were stealing money from the group.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 am

I bought this album on cassette at Montgomery Wards and it had the original cover. It's a pretty solid album, though "As Soon as the Good Times Roll" and "Crossfire" seem like a little dip (this is going off of memory) in quality. I'll have to actually listen to this to re-assess those two songs.

What a great year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 am

Montgomery Ward! Crazy how many stores carried music in the day.

Anyways, this was another monster album that did get killed by radio. Man, they were everywhere by now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40748

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Another excellent release by the Scorps ! I got mine on cassette through Columbia House (with the alt cover of course).This one has some great tunes on it,especially the first 4. You'll get no complaints about this one from me as well. Recommended listening !
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Okay, so there's a couple of songs that I get sick of hearing on the radio at this point, but you just can't deny the infectious feeling of "Love at First Sting". I can still remember when we had this collage project in 7th grade English class, and I cut out all of these great NCAA basketball pictures from about 1980-1984 from Sports Illustrated. One of the kids in our class did a collage of the Scorpions, and I can remember how it was some of my first visuals from the world of heavy metal. It made me want to go out and by Circus magazine, which is what I ultimately did. Soon, I had the inside of my locker adorned with live pictures of Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and the like...

Favorite songs off "Love at First Sting" in order:

1. Bad Boys Running Wild
2. Rock You Like A Hurricane
3. I'm Leaving You
4. Still Loving You
5. Big City Nights
6. Coming Home
...and the rest
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:44 am

Man, in the summer of '84 this was huge. I remember they came to town to play at the Sullivan Arena. That afternoon they were doing soundchecks (obviously so they could leave, go party and comeback, plug in and go). We were right across the parking lot in an outdoor stadium playing baseball (our American Legion playoffs) and we were hearing them jam out to songs from the album and improvising here and there (it was loud!). A bunch of us were going to the show that night and we could hardly focus on the game.

I'll never forget that day. That night they rocked so friggin hard, it was legendary!

As for the album, I still love it to this day, despite all it's flaws and shortcomings. Yeah, it aint "Taken By Force" or "Blackout" but it also aint "Crazy World" either, and I dont care if it's overplayed cuz I dont listen to the radio anyway.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12819

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:19 pm

On KCAL FM out of Redlands, Calif. (a prerecoded format station) you could hear "Rock You Like a Hurricane" at the top of every hour. I went to Texas and Florida with Lethal Dose and that song was everywhere. I mean everywhere. This was the last really great Scorpions lp. (IMHO) Sure they had good songs here and there, but something happened ?
I do not know if it was my vices or my really getting into faster, more aggressive music ?

I still like the arrangement of "Coming Home".... Almost two minutes of ballad like verses and a wee bit lil guitar dynamics byMathias and "BAM" Getttin Busy headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 pm

LOVE AT FIRST STING was the Scorps' high water mark to be sure. Everything they've done since has been compared to it.
I'm a little sick of "Rock You Like A Hurricane" after 25+ years (they used it in a commercial for T.G.I. Friday's a while ago, for cryin' out loud) but I can't deny it's an utterly bad-ass song. The rest of the disc is no slouch either.

When I bought this cassette back in '84 at a K-Mart, my copy had the "censored" cover with the band on the front rather than the "preferred" cover -- my first experience with music censorship! Scorpions Discography - Page 5 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Love at First Sting is probably my favourite album by them. Most of the songs are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions Discography   Scorpions Discography - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions Discography
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next