Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lazarus AD

Go down 
+21
Shawn Of Fire
DeathMasqueRed
mlotek
kyleblack
rawr!
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
Jesusandmetal23
Temple of Blood
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
DeathCult
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Wargod
nevermore
sam
Metalhunter
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathMasqueRed
Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

Lazarus AD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm halfway through the new one, and the aforementioned description is unfortunately true. I'm extremely disappointed so far, as I loved their debut. The vocals on that kind of reminded me of Tony Benjamins from Forced Entry.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:55 pm

New Lazarus A.D. SUCKS!!! Boring as crap...no intensity, no fire...and they have definitely moved away from the Thrash thing...just more modern, paint-by-numbers Metal trying to be intense and failing...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I heard a good riff here and there from what I heard but this band doesn't do much for me. I can see the appeal but they are not good enough for the hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 pm

I sampled some of the songs online and wasn't interested enough to explore any further. A shame, because their debut showed promise.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm

The debut is 1000x better than this new one...ugh. The new one would probably hit me better if it didn't sound like they were asleep while recording...it comes off as soulless and uninspired to me...no fire...no vibe.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:34 am

That's disappointing to read. I love their debut. Oh well, maybe if I find it cheap.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's disappointing to read. I love their debut. Oh well, maybe if I find it cheap.

My sentiments (sic?) exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:12 am

Maybe they rushed into making this to fast!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 am

Thats a shame because the debut was some good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

Dang man, this is a huge dissapointment. I love their debut.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 pm

The new one got a pretty decent review over at Blabbermouth too. Ah well, I'd much sooner take opinions from here than that joint.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Yeah, it's just not good, IMO. It just sounds so flat and "aggression by numbers"...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
New Lazarus A.D. SUCKS!!! Boring as crap...no intensity, no fire...and they have definitely moved away from the Thrash thing...just more modern, paint-by-numbers Metal trying to be intense and failing...

That sucks!!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:54 am

I saw em live yesterday and left 10 minutes into their set. Boring and derivative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 am

Wow - What a difference a year can make, I guess? They slayed the two times I saw them. I have to believe all this has be coming from some Metal Blade brain-wizards. Oh well - At least Metal Blade put out ONE good album in the last 15 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:09 pm

I wonder too, bands have a long time to develop the sound of the first album, then if they get signed they have to hurry and do the next one. Does that have an affect?
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

maybe theyre showing their true colors after trying way too hard to be thrash on their earlier material. theyve always sounded completely modern (as in post-thrash).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

rawr! wrote:
maybe theyre showing their true colors after trying way too hard to be thrash on their earlier material. theyve always sounded completely modern (as in post-thrash).

Still, why go out of your way to get thrash fans into your music just to piss them off by taking it out with your next album?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Thrash fans aren't exactly the most "flexible" bunch in the first place. just kidding
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 pm

I could hear modern influences in the debut, but it had A- more Thrash and B- more fire/life in it...this new one is just really boring.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 pm

I think I only liked about half of the first album anyway. As most have stated, they sounded great live when I saw them. It's a shame that the new one isn't good.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:48 am

DallasBlack wrote:
rawr! wrote:

Still, why go out of your way to get thrash fans into your music just to piss them off by taking it out with your next album?
eh, no publicity is bad publicity as the saying goes. maybe they felt like trying to be thrash and it was about self-fulfillment, and now they feel like being as they are. i certainly wouldnt discount the influence of being on a new label, but i never saw them as having integrity anyway, as has been discussed in this thread from time to time. it surprised me a lot that people on this board, more than not, seem to enjoy their early material when it immediately struck me as offensive, so perhaps they werent even aiming to appeal to thrash fans in the stricter sense---just fans of modern sounding metal, which all of their material so far seems constructed to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 am

offensive?

Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 am

im sure ill sound like an elitist in saying so, but an affront to "true thrash" or whatever youd want to call it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 am

Quote :
an affront to "true thrash"

That's intense. Christ on a crutch, it's just music. Summer Donna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lazarus AD
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next