Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lazarus AD

Go down 
+21
Shawn Of Fire
DeathMasqueRed
mlotek
kyleblack
rawr!
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
Jesusandmetal23
Temple of Blood
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
DeathCult
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Wargod
nevermore
sam
Metalhunter
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Lazarus AD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Dude. Do you always come across so difficult or is it just a message board thing?

This is all opinions. State them as such and let it be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't think Johnny Cash shirts in true metal bands are as common as you stated earlier.

I would be utterly fascinated to hear your definition of what a "true metal band" is.

I'll offer mine as soon as you do.

I can't offer a definition as there is no such thing. If it's "True" to you then that's all that matters.

Gotcha. So Britney Spears is true metal then?

My definition of heavy metal is: "rock music which is dark, heavy and guitar-riff centric". True metal is music whose output meets the definition of "heavy metal" the vast majority of the time (in other words, a piano intro for a song would be perfectly acceptable as true metal).

I think we need to call Webster's so we can submit that definition...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:29 pm

This cd smokes!! I picked it up the other night in FYE and I've been spinning it over and over. I didn't have high hopes for the vocals, but they work fine with the music. One of the better thrash albums I've picked up so far this year.

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This cd smokes!! I picked it up the other night in FYE and I've been spinning it over and over. I didn't have high hopes for the vocals, but they work fine with the music. One of the better thrash albums I've picked up so far this year.

Killer live band, too.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

New video for the song Revolution:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.tv/misc/lazarus_ad_revolution_premiere.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Anyone into these thrashers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Saw them open [along with my METAL-UP posse] for Testament. Honestly - Thought they blew Testament of the freakin' stage!!! Saw them again at the Triple Rock and they [although they are Cheeseheads] are the BEST new band of this currect crop of US new wave old school thrash!! Can not wait for what they release next!! KILLER THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Great band!!! Lazarus AD - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:31 pm

One of my top discs of 2009. Didin't have real high hopes for it and it turned out to be quite awesome. Something about it keeps pulling me back in for repeated listens. It stands out among the current wave of retro thrash bands for me. Lazarus AD - Page 3 11840

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Great Thrash band,like MG said theres something about them that seperates them from the pack.Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:21 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Killer live band, too.

True that dog!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:57 pm

The best of the new old school thrashers with a big Testament influence.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 pm

I only just discovered these guys. They're a relatively new band out of Kenosha, Wisconsin.

I found them by accident while checking out the Metal Blade youtube channel. I would say their style is thrash albeit of the modern assortment. By modern I mean it sounds similar to Exodus' recent offerings spliced with mid 90s Pantera and hint of newer Testament and Overkill.

Don't expect them to reinvent anything about the thrash genre, or play something others haven't already played. Nevertheless they put a refreshing spin on the style making it for an enjoyable listening experience.

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm

I saw these guys open for Testament last year. Very good live band. It made me pick up their album. It was good, but to be honest, I haven't played it in a while.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:55 pm

i really must be in the minority here (/everywhere), but lazarus AD has always rubbed me the wrong way. i listened to their myspace and saw them live a few times and their material at that time was not what i wanted out of thrash. perhaps its that their "metal/rock/thrash" genre classification on myspace and modern sound have them sounding a bit different than a lot of the new wave of thrash bands that i can appreciate like bonded by blood or sakrificer. ill be seeing them again when i see death angel for the second time in the new year, so ill see if my opinion changes at all.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:13 pm

They can barely be called Thrash on their new album. Think less Testament and Exodus more Lamb Of God and Avenged Sevenfold.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 am

kyleblack wrote:
They can barely be called Thrash on their new album. Think less Testament and Exodus more Lamb Of God and Avenged Sevenfold.

Where did you hear this? Has the new album leaked already?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 am

kyleblack wrote:

Man, I hope not!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 pm

nevermore wrote:
kyleblack wrote:

Man, I hope not!!

You can listen and judge the single for yourself here...

http://lazarusad.com/

'The Ultimate Sacrafice'. Not sure if I get the LoG or Avenged refrences, but then again, I don't listen to either of those bands. Can't fairly judge a whole album from one song though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
kyleblack wrote:

Man, I hope not!!

You can listen and judge the single for yourself here...

http://lazarusad.com/

'The Ultimate Sacrafice'. Not sure if I get the LoG or Avenged refrences, but then again, I don't listen to either of those bands. Can't fairly judge a whole album from one song though.

Sounds good to me. It's still modern thrash but with a little more groove and melody. I like it and there's a pretty good chance I will get this one. And you're right, can't judge it by just one song.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Hmm, well, AX7 has tried to go more classic thrash recently though I think they fail. This is ok, i'll wait for the album to really judge.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:28 pm

This song isn't bad. I don't hear the LoG or AX7 influence in this particular song.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 pm

i wouldnt say i heard a lamb of god/avenged sevenfold influence (not that i have much experience to go off, though id say ive had too much), but theyve changed the ratio even more with thrash playing less of a role than ever before. i suppose this was inevitable, given what they started with.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Yea, I might have to hear a little more of this album before I make a purchase. Their debut, The Onslaught blew me away, but I'm not completly sold on this new track.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 am

they sound like Exodus,not bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lazarus AD
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next