Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lazarus AD

Go down 
+21
Shawn Of Fire
DeathMasqueRed
mlotek
kyleblack
rawr!
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
Jesusandmetal23
Temple of Blood
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
DeathCult
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Wargod
nevermore
sam
Metalhunter
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Lazarus AD - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:41 am

The first album had enough true thrash that I wasn't affronted. But i'm fairly easy.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
an affront to "true thrash"

That's intense. Christ on a crutch, it's just music. Summer Donna.
we clearly differ in attitude---music to me is art and culture as well as an enjoyable aural experience. things like integrity and perspective matter to me when evaluating what i devote my time to. obviously, not everyone looks for the full package when it comes to music, and thats fine---not everyone feels the need to plumb the depths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Kids these days.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:49 pm

rawr! wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
an affront to "true thrash"

That's intense. Christ on a crutch, it's just music. Summer Donna.
we clearly differ in attitude---music to me is art and culture as well as an enjoyable aural experience. things like integrity and perspective matter to me when evaluating what i devote my time to. obviously, not everyone looks for the full package when it comes to music, and thats fine---not everyone feels the need to plumb the depths.

I get it....I do.

But why not be happy that some younger kids are trying to play Thrash or even enjoying it? I think they guys in the band are Thrash fans...they honor it...the new album is just boring to me...doesn't mean they don't have integrity.

Metal novice
Metal novice
DeathMasqueRed

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I think they guys in the band are Thrash fans...they honor it...

I'm questioning that after reading this...
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/01/26/lazarus-a-d-s-jeff-paulick-the-metalsucks-interview-2/
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 pm

I really liked them live, and their debut was pretty good. The new one, not so much. Too early in their career to call them a one trick pony, but I was expecting something better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm

DeathMasqueRed wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I think they guys in the band are Thrash fans...they honor it...

I'm questioning that after reading this...
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/01/26/lazarus-a-d-s-jeff-paulick-the-metalsucks-interview-2/

Meh...shows what I know.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:52 pm

i hadnt read any interview transcripts before now, ive only seen their myspace, live show, and whats been discussed in here, but none of that surprised me. from their sound alone it can be inferred that they are first and foremost a band that strives for the modern sound. lamb of god, slipknot, and devildriver arent exactly touchstones of "true metal" or whatever you want to call it. aside from the modernity issue, (and mostly pertaining to their early material), you can also be damn sure bands like toxic holocaust, bonded by blood, sakrificer, necromantheon, reanimator, etc dont water down their (retro) thrash with groove metal. exodus is already too much of that unpleasant mix in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm

EXODUS are one of the supreme masters of thrash metal music.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

dont get me wrong, i like exodus, but everything after bonded by blood has too much groove metal in it for me to feel at home, despite it being a lesser influence compared to their signature thrash sound.
Back to top Go down
firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 pm

The new Lazarus is a letdown. Not so much for the modern sound, but for the mediocre songwriting. They WERE one of my Thrash hopefuls... before that album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 pm

So i picked up lazarus's second album blindly at a record shop in france recently and i must say it is not as bad as the reviews stated (imo). I am already at my second spin.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 am

It does not touch the first one, Gil.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
It does not touch the first one, Gil.

I know, i own the first one, which is a pure thrash metal assault.

Their second has a modern vibe but is still enjoyable imo.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Did this band break up? It's been 6 years since that last album...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Haven't heard a word about these guys in a long time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 7:33 pm

nevermore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Haven't heard a word about these guys in a long time.

I was thinking the same thing. The Metal Archives says their status is "unknown", however their wiki page says they disbanded in 2015 after the death of their drummer.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Too bad. Hope the band gets back together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lazarus AD
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5