Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lazarus AD

Go down 
+21
Shawn Of Fire
DeathMasqueRed
mlotek
kyleblack
rawr!
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
Jesusandmetal23
Temple of Blood
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
DeathCult
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Wargod
nevermore
sam
Metalhunter
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Lazarus AD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:29 am

Deathcult was raving about this band recently...and now I see why. This flat out ROCKS!!!! Love it!

Adding it to my never-ending want list.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:02 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
The Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt on myspace kind of killed it.

Yeah, cuz it really matter what they wear.

+1
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:48 pm

It matters what they listen to ... and what they listen to is reflected by which bands' t-shirts they choose to wear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It matters what they listen to ... and what they listen to is reflected by which bands' t-shirts they choose to wear.

bah. So I guess if they wear a t-shirt by a band that's not "TRUE" enough then they are sell-outs. I stopped thinking that way around the time I turned 15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

That's extremely juvenile. Why do you care what they listen to? Do you think all your favorite bands only listen to bands that you like? What if one of your all time favorite bands was a Korn or Shania Twain fan? Would you stop liking them?

Man that's dumb... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:13 pm

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
The Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt on myspace kind of killed it.

Yeah, cuz it really matter what they wear.

+1

I guess you guys took it way too seriously. I was being sarcastic. I don't care what anybody wears, it's all about the music. Sheesh guys, relax.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:37 pm

GrandNational wrote:

I guess you guys took it way too seriously. I was being sarcastic. I don't care what anybody wears, it's all about the music. Sheesh guys, relax.

I knew you were joking, I was replying to Temple Of Blood's post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Man, I'm listening to this album on last.fm and it's friggin' AWESOME! They definitely understand old school thrash but their not completely stuck in the past, they sound very modern. Technically impressive and ballsy as hell...not a combination you hear all that often these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:21 am

I'm listening to it now too...kick @$$ stuff!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:05 am

detuned wrote:
So I guess if they wear a t-shirt by a band that's not "TRUE" enough then they are sell-outs.

I didn't say that.

But it isn't totally unrelated what a band plays to what t-shirts a band wears.

Bands write based on the acts that have influenced them and they also show that with the t-shirts they wear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Really? Lot's of guys in metal wear Johnny Cash shirts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

There is no reasoning with him...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

point?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:41 am

Heard these guys again over the weekend. I kinda like it, but it's not tops on my want-list at the moment.

And for the record, I'll make fun of anyone I see in an Avengend Sevenfold t-shirt. That's just the kind of guy I am.

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

point?

I was just wondering how he influenced them musically?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:19 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:

point?

I was just wondering how he influenced them musically?

You'd have to ask them. Lyrics perhaps?

I don't think Johnny Cash shirts in true metal bands are as common as you stated earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't think Johnny Cash shirts in true metal bands are as common as you stated earlier.

I would be utterly fascinated to hear your definition of what a "true metal band" is.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:51 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I would be utterly fascinated to hear your definition of what a "true metal band" is.

I'll offer mine as soon as you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:24 am

The B-52's RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Quote :

After he died i'd see lot's of shots of guys in metal with Cash shirts. Sorry I didn't make a list to send you. I also find it odd that you don't think you can be totally into playing metal but like other kinds of styles or even (gasp) non true metal bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I can't offer a definition as there is no such thing. If it's "True" to you then that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

After he died i'd see lot's of shots of guys in metal with Cash shirts. Sorry I didn't make a list to send you.

I made a list and I saw none.

Quote :
I also find it odd that you don't think you can be totally into playing metal but like other kinds of styles or even (gasp) non true metal bands.

I find it odd that you think that I ever said that.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I can't offer a definition as there is no such thing. If it's "True" to you then that's all that matters.

Gotcha. So Britney Spears is true metal then?

My definition of heavy metal is: "rock music which is dark, heavy and guitar-riff centric". True metal is music whose output meets the definition of "heavy metal" the vast majority of the time (in other words, a piano intro for a song would be perfectly acceptable as true metal).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

If you think I said that then please share whatever you've been smoking.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:02 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

If you think I said that then please share whatever you've been smoking.

"I can't offer a definition as there is no such thing. If it's "True" to you then that's all that matters."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazarus AD   Lazarus AD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lazarus AD
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next