Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake - Forevermore

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
JBall_Z
exact33
manny
nevermore
Troublezone
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Everybody raved about Good To Be Bad but I found it "blah" (as in boring AOR).

But I keep seeing positive things about this one as well. Anybody want to compare/contrast this with something like Slide It In (my favorite WS album)?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:

But I keep seeing positive things about this one as well. Anybody want to compare/contrast this with something like Slide It In (my favorite WS album)?

it has that blues-ish quality to it.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 am

Blues is whitesnake's landmark, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 am

Gilbert wrote:
Blues is whitesnake's landmark, isn't it?

yep. It is good stuff.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What a clever title.

Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Tesla-forevermore

Ommiting the space makes all the difference.

Picky, picky, picky.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 pm

I call 'em as I see 'em. It's not like the Tesla album was from 100 years ago or an underground indie release that noone heard of. Same with Darkest Hour using the same artwork...

Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 DarkestHour_TheHumanRomance

At least with Darkest Hour, they could argue that the bands are 2 completely different genres, so noone would notice or care. I can't believe that noone in the Whitesnake camp said "Hmmmm, David, Tesla (melodic rock contemporaries) put out an album with that same name just 2 years ago. Can you maybe come up with something else?"

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I have to agree with toho, I like 'Good to be Bad' but I did not love it, so I am looking forward to hearing this album for myself
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Tis' an awesome album of blues based melodic hard rock to my ears.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Tis' an awesome album of blues based melodic hard rock to my ears.

Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 25679 cheers

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:

manny wrote:

I have to agree with toho, I like 'Good to be Bad' but I did not love it, so I am looking forward to hearing this album for myself

whip
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm

I just got a copy yesterday. This is the best thing they've done since 1987! It's definately better than the last album.

The guitar riffs and solos are great! Coverdale is holding up well for his age too...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Quote :

I agree... it was ok but not great.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I just got a copy yesterday. This is the best thing they've done since 1987! It's definately better than the last album.

The guitar riffs and solos are great! Coverdale is holding up well for his age too...

Yeah, I got my copy last week. This is much better than the last one and closer to my favorite 'snake album "Slide It In".
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Gotta see what KISS can come up with but I think this is gonna be my fave of 2011.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Gotta see what KISS can come up with but I think this is gonna be my fave of 2011.

In what has so far been a weak year for me, it's my favorite too.

Based on what is supposed to come out later this year, I'm pretty sure it will get bumped from that spot but I think it will probably end up in my top 10.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:19 pm

I still enjoy it. There is a lot of good stuff coming but i think this one will hold its own..

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:59 am

Always been a big fan of Coverdale's voice.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:21 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

I still can't believe we're getting 2 new KISS albums in the space of 2 years. Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cool...I'll be checking out new Whitesnake for sure...

As for the title, a wise man once said "There's nothing new under the sun..."

I finally picked it up a year and half later...I really like it...it's really good, IMO. DC sounds weathered, but very cool. The music is a great blend of 80s Whitesnake and 70s (with the heavy tones and organ sounds).

Very cool...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I finally picked it up a year and half later...I really like it...it's really good, IMO. DC sounds weathered, but very cool. The music is a great blend of 80s Whitesnake and 70s (with the heavy tones and organ sounds).

Very cool...

I agree. It's a good album. I like it better than the previous one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very cool...

i still enjoy it. I dont listen to it all the time but when i do its a good listen.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm a big fan of WS and found tis album to be a great listen, hearkening back to the day while not totally copying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake - Forevermore
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2