Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake - Forevermore

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
JBall_Z
exact33
manny
nevermore
Troublezone
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Whitesnake - Forevermore Empty
PostSubject: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Whitesnake - Forevermore 1222whi

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/1222whi.shtml

Quote :
Hard rock legends Whitesnake have announced that 'Forevermore' will be the title of the band's upcoming album -- due for release in March 2011 through Frontiers Records.

In regards to the album's title Whitesnake vocalist David Coverdale sates, "it's ONE word... 'Forevermore'. I can't wait til you hear the song. Don't forget, tis ONE word... otherwise it sounds like a bleedin' Valentines Day card... which it ain't!"

In late August Whitesnake announced the addition of bassist Michael Devin, who had been playing with Lynch Mob with new Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy. This completes the new Whitesnake line-up and Michael will be featured on their new album, alongside guitarists Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach, and keyboardist Timothy Drury.

"As always, we want to take it to the next level," states Coverdale. "I feel that with the last album we achieved a strong Whitesnake 'cocktail' that comfortably embraced & mixed all the previous musical aspects & styles of the band's history, while taking our identity a little further... all on one album..."

Born in 1977, Whitesnake have been among the most influential representatives of the their genre, having produced numerous rock music classics such as 'Here I Go Again', 'Is This Love', 'Still Of The Night', 'Fool For Your Loving', 'Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City' or 'Walking In The Shadows Of The Blues'.

Coverdale said the production team for the new album will most likely be the infamous Brutal Brothers, or Los Bros Brutalos, who handled the recording of "Good To Be Bad". "The new songs are in the very familiar and recognizable Whitesnake territory of soulful, bluesy, melodic power rock, with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure... It can't be a Whitesnake album without ballads, mate!"

Can't wait! Good To Be Bad is one of their best and they were awesome during that tour!

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 pm

What a clever title.

Whitesnake - Forevermore Tesla-forevermore

Ommiting the space makes all the difference.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Cool...I'll be checking out new Whitesnake for sure...

As for the title, a wise man once said "There's nothing new under the sun..."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What a clever title.

Whitesnake - Forevermore Tesla-forevermore

Ommiting the space makes all the difference.

It *is* totally different. That's "Forever More". This is "Forevermore". I don't see the relation. Razz

What's funny is you'd think Frontiers would've said something about it since they released the Tesla album too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Quote :
What's funny is you'd think Frontiers would've said something about it since they released the Tesla album too.

On the contrary, they probably used the same designer to save a buck. Look at the backgrounds on both albums. Laughing The basic layout on the Whitesnake album was probably a rejected first draft left over from the Tesla job.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:05 pm

imo new album wont bring be something special as new wave, itll be the same as last.
same old WS ways. probably copy of GtbB, which is not bad but average.
anyway, im gonna see them with JP in farewell tour in EU next year.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't care about the cover, Beach and Aldrich together are monsters so this will be great.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

On the contrary, they probably used the same designer to save a buck. Look at the backgrounds on both albums. Laughing The basic layout on the Whitesnake album was probably a rejected first draft left over from the Tesla job.

I thought it was basically just a gold version of this:

Whitesnake - Forevermore Whitesnake_good_to_be_bad_cd

Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:46 am

Love me some new whitesnake
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152456

Reveals release details, track listing and features a sample of "Love Will Set You Free".

Sounds good to me! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am

Really like that song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Not sure if this will see a US release or if this an exclusive offer just for the UK. Cool for fans of the band either way.

Quote :

Classic Rock is proud to announce the launch of our latest Fan Pack, dedicated to David Coverdale and Whitesnake.

The Whitesnake Fan Pack follows hard on the heels of our acclaimed Slash and Motörhead packs. It includes a 132-page magazine along with Forevermore, Whitesnake’s brand spanking new studio album. There’s also an official Whitesnake pin badge and a giant-size poster.

Fans who buy the Whitesnake Fan Pack will be able to hear Forevermore three weeks before it goes on sale in the record stores.

What’s more, the Fan Pack version of Forevermore comes with two bonus live tracks – Slide it In and Cheap An’ Nasty – recorded live at Whitesnake’s headline set at the Castle Donington Monsters Of Rock festival in 1990. So that’s 13 brand new studio tracks plus two bonus ones – a lot of Whitesnake music to sink your fangs into!

The bonus live tracks will not be on the record-store version of Forevermore. What’s more, the CD cover for the Fan Pack Whitesnake album will feature exclusive artwork that will not be used on the record store equivalent.

The bonus live tracks will serve as an appetizer for Whitesnake’s forthcoming Live @ Donington 1990 DVD and double CD to be released in summer 2011.

The Fan Pack magazine – which is being edited by Geoff Barton – contains a major, all-new interview with Whitesnake mainman David Coverdale, conducted at his home in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA. Forevermore was recorded at Coverdale’s home studio and we were there while it was being made. Coverdale also talks us through the new album, track by track.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Exclusive UK edition of the magazine. They've done it for Slash & Motorhead as well. You can order it online, I did this morning.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Looking forward to the new album. The current version of the band is very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 am

Been listening to this album.....

It's good; Not as good as Good To Be Bad. The new album's big problem is that it's about 4 songs too long. "All Out Of Luck", "Dogs In The Street", "Whipping Boy Blues" and "Forevermore" are my favorites so far. As always the guitar team of Reb Beach & Doug Aldrich is freakin' amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 pm

I like what i've heard so far. Bands need to get back to being ok with the 10 strongest songs even if the albums only 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:11 pm

yes agree.
very good strong and heavy album.
sounds almost like 2008 but i think it's a little bit better for me to listen than Good To Be Bad album.
every song sounds "similar"... production ? but it's not a fault.

update:
sort of songs sound like Page/Coverdale project.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:08 am

I saw the video for Love Will Set You Free. Sounded really good. I may have to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 am

I still haven't found that one around here.

Interesting band. I love their self titled album a lot.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm

A another Whitesnake CD coming out soon:

Whitesnake Release Live Donington DVD And CD
mdome / News / 29/03/2011 15:25pm
Whitesnake are to release Live At Donington 1990 on CD and DVD.

These will be issued by Frontiers on June 3, and features the band’s headlining performance that year at the Monsters Of Rock Festival.

The full DVD track listing is:

Slip Of The Tongue
2. Slide It In
3. Judgement Day
4. Slow An Easy
5. Kitten’s Got Claws
6. Adagio For Strato
7. Flying Dutchman Boogie
8. Is This Love
9. Cheap An’ Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)
11. Fool For Your Loving
12. For The Love Of God
13. The Audience Is Listening
14. Here I Go Again
15. Bad Boys
16. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
17. Still Of The Night
18. Bonus content: The Making of Slip of the Tongue, plus a slideshow.
The same track listing is split over the two CDs.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I still haven't found that one around here.

Interesting band. I love their self titled album a lot.

I have been getting a lot more into WS recently. Good stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 pm

manny wrote:
A another Whitesnake CD coming out soon:

Whitesnake Release Live Donington DVD And CD
mdome / News / 29/03/2011 15:25pm
Whitesnake are to release Live At Donington 1990 on CD and DVD.

These will be issued by Frontiers on June 3, and features the band’s headlining performance that year at the Monsters Of Rock Festival.

The full DVD track listing is:

Slip Of The Tongue
2. Slide It In
3. Judgement Day
4. Slow An Easy
5. Kitten’s Got Claws
6. Adagio For Strato
7. Flying Dutchman Boogie
8. Is This Love
9. Cheap An’ Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)
11. Fool For Your Loving
12. For The Love Of God
13. The Audience Is Listening
14. Here I Go Again
15. Bad Boys
16. Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
17. Still Of The Night
18. Bonus content: The Making of Slip of the Tongue, plus a slideshow.
The same track listing is split over the two CDs.

AWESOME! The only lineup of Whitesnake I can't stomach!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Downloaded this today with my Zune pass, a great feature that allows you to download and listen to as many full length albums as you want (my plug for Zune). You don't get to keep the files, but hey, if the album is good, buy the CD.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:10 pm

This album is amazing. Logical successor to Good To Be Bad but with even more throwbacks to the band's blues rock past, I think.

Debuted at #49 on Billboard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:44 pm

I am really digging Forevermore. I have spun it a few times now and I have enjoyed all the tracks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore   Whitesnake - Forevermore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake - Forevermore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next