Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Whitesnake Question Empty
PostSubject: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Which album do you like more:
1.) Slip of the Tongue
2.) Slide it In

I went with Slide it In because it's just great, straight ahead rock and roll. I like Slip of the Tongue, but it's a little too slick and a bit silly (even for Whitesnake). Have at it, Metal brethren.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Are you serious? Slide It In. Is this a gag thread? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:49 pm

I just got Slide It In yesterday. First time I've ever heard it. Heard a few songs, obviously. So I'll go with Slip Of The Tongue. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:07 pm

'SotT' is good for a slick, AOR-ish album...

'SII' is my pick from the two...although "The Deeper The Love" is playing now on Pandora...love that song!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Easily Slide It In. That album blew me away when it came out. I was so disappointed with the ballad-heavy, slick AOR turn they made after that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Slide It In = crazy happy

Slip of the Tongue = sign

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Their worst album VS their second best (after "Ready And Willing") album. Way too easy. Next!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:15 am

Slide it in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:45 am

Slide it in is one of the greatest records ever recorded. I could listen to it every day. Sykes rules [although he is a jerk].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:36 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Slide it in is one of the greatest records ever recorded. I could listen to it every day. Sykes rules [although he is a jerk].

You do know that Sykes only re-recorded the solos on that record, right? Everything else was Mel Galley/Mick Moody, I believe...who was fired mid-record...Sykes did all the guitars (save for the "Here I Go Again" solo) on Whitesnake...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:41 am

The original Euro mix of Slide It In minus Sykes is a superior release, IMO. But I love Sykes just the same.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Ive heard some tracks from the Sykeless version of Slide and I didnt think it had the "oomph" that the Sykes version has. Sykes guitars are bigger in the production which I like.

Oh and Slide It In is my vote. It was my first exposure to Whitesnake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Lovehunter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Slide it in, humble such a great album real Hard Rock!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:45 pm

Elohyin wrote:
Slide it in, humble such a great album real Hard Rock!!!

Yep!

In fact, this thread has inspired me to dig that one out of the vault and take it to work tomorrow.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:50 am

Slide it in, but I also like Slip of the tongue, I saw them on that tour. Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenberg were great.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:57 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Lovehunter.

🤘 My favorite of all Whitesnake albums!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake Question   Whitesnake Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: