Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
Glower
Runicen
Metal Misfit
XYZ
tohostudios
jstate
DallasBlack
manny
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
T-Roy
ultmetal
INVADERS
journeyman
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
spiritoradio
mc666
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Whitesnake - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 6:23 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I have love hunter. I will print ya a glossy copy and throw it in with our next trade. Just remind me.

I will do, thanks Saxon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:47 am

I love Whitesnake.

I hate that they are grouped into the "hair metal" debacle, because there is so much more to them than that.

I am presently listening to the "Trouble" album and it kills. David Coverdale was awesome in Purple and is even better in Whitesnake.

I have all of their albums up through the atrocious Slip of the Tounge.

Sidenote: People really never should have hired Steve Vai to play in their band. He really only works well on his own.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:14 am

I've only ever heard the radio stuff, but it always seemed way better
than like Poison, BJ....etc... Seemed heavier. And I'm a sucker for
rough/scratchy vocals, so, I always really liked his vocals
too........along with Bryan Adams (WAIT, DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD,
SUNNY BEACHES!!!!)
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I love Whitesnake.

I hate that they are grouped into the "hair metal" debacle, because there is so much more to them than that.

I am presently listening to the "Trouble" album and it kills. David Coverdale was awesome in Purple and is even better in Whitesnake.

I have all of their albums up through the atrocious Slip of the Tounge.

Sidenote: People really never should have hired Steve Vai to play in their band. He really only works well on his own.

I guess I'm one of the few here who actually liked "Slip of the Tongue". I've seen worse efforts, but that's just one man's opinion. I liked "Fool For Your Loving", "The Deeper the Love", "Judgement Day", and "Now You're Gone".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Whitesnake is a great band, I finally saw them live in 2002, way past their glory days of the 80's, it was great show but it most focoused on 1984-1988 catlog. but it was cool to hear them open with " Burn" that was a surprise along with them throwing in a little bit of "Stormbringer" at the tail end of the song. Also during the show they did "Aint no Love in the heart of the city" which was their signature song in Europe and my favorite Whitesnake song " Walking in the Shadow of the Blues", great show and Coverdale was still powerful.
Favorite album has to be " Slide it In" the American version or "Trouble" , unfairly lumped with hair bands of the 80's , image wise they fit in but they were at lot more musically inclined than most of those bands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Was only really familiar with their 80s hits and a few of their older stuff. However, I have the new one, Good To Be Bad (special edition), and I really like it. I know I need to get more Whitesnake albums and I will do so later down the line, maybe start with a greatest hits album or double live album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Was only really familiar with their 80s hits and a few of their older stuff. However, I have the new one, Good To Be Bad (special edition), and I really like it. I know I need to get more Whitesnake albums and I will do so later down the line, maybe start with a greatest hits album or double live album.

hey Dallas if you are interested in the early years of Whitesnake their is comp album that you can get at reasonable price at Amazon (among many places) entitled " The Early Years" that covers 1978 til 1982, it sounds very different than the Whitesnake line up of the 80's and features other Deep Purple alumni Jon Lord and Ian Paice on some of the tracks.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:24 pm

I would highly recommend Here I Go Again : The Whitesnake Collection. It contains remastered all the songs off Slide It In, Whitesnake, And Slip Of The Tongue. It also has some bonus tracks. I see it cheap at a lot of online places.

I have basically become a big fan of Whitesnake through Good To Be Bad and now going backwards through their catalogue. Next up on the to get list is Snakebite and Lovehunter (which I'm guessing I'll never find cheap). I also have to say I really like Slip Of The Tongue.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Slide It In is easily my favorite Whitesnake disc. Of course, it's the one I discovered them with...

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I like 'em. Unlike most of the responses here, I actually like Slip of the Tongue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:02 pm

xyz wrote:
I actually like Slip of the Tongue.

I bet you do. Smile

I kid because I love.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I kid because I love.

Really!? I thought it was because you were a sick sadistic psycho who enjoys tearing the wings of of flies and stealing candy from babies. Plus I hear rumors that you actually put the Bop in the Bop She Bop She Bop. Sick man. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Actually I'm the guy who puts the Ting and Tang into the WallaWalla Bing Bang.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Did you also write the book of Love? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:08 pm

From Doug Aldrich:

Quote :
Well I guess news that I have left Whitesnake was leaked...

I planned and hoped DC and I could release a joint statement. We will as soon as possible but everything happened so fast that we aren't ready.

Firstly,

Thanks to my big bro David for such a killer run together!! So many songs, tours, projects, always inspiring and pushing each other!

Mostly I was to thank the loyal WS Choir and fans around the world.
You have been so amazing to me and it's been an honor to play for you with WS.

I love you guys and I'll see you all again. Thank you so very much for your unending support.

Also, not sure how or where the info started about a Solo Career but this is not true or correct information.

I have no plans at this time to go solo:) I'm just not in the Whitesnake/David Coverdale band anymore.

I'll let you guys know what I'm doing ASAP but for now please know I very much appreciate your support and will hopefully do a statement with My Brutal Brother DC shortly.

Sad

Hate that he's leaving. He and Coverdale were a great team and I think without Doug, the band wouldn't be as strong as they are today or have made the comeback that they did.

I wonder how much writing/recording was done on the new WS album already.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:40 am

That IS a bummer. Is it just me, or did Aldrich last longer than anyone save for the 70s lineup?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Runicen wrote:
That IS a bummer.  Is it just me, or did Aldrich last longer than anyone save for the 70s lineup?

He lasted longer than even they did -- 12 years. With Doug gone, other than Coverdale, Reb Beach has now served the longest term in the band.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Wow... I had no idea he'd been in the fold for that long.

It's a shame this lineup hasn't been as prolific on the release front as that 70s lineup though. Then again, this is a band that hasn't been keeping that pace since the 80s, so there is that.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:48 am

I saw a unplugged concert - for about 50 people - Adrain on folk guitar -
" Love Ain't No Stranger " is a killer ballad -
" Fool For Your Loving "
" Gimmie All You Love Tonight "
I once read the book " Dracula "  study -
and listening by the castle window -  study to his wolves below howling -
Dracula says, Ah, listen to my "Children of the Night " study 
since then -
I always thought of a wolf pack, running at night, after prey, with that opening guitar riff !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 pm

New 'Snake album...

Whitesnake - Page 2 Whitesnakefleshbloodcd

01. Good To See You Again
02. Gonna Be Alright
03. Shut Up & Kiss Me
04. Hey You (You Make Me Rock)
05. Always & Forever
06. When I Think Of You (Color Me Blue)
07. Trouble Is Your Middle Name
08. Flesh & Blood
09. Well I Never
10. Heart Of Stone
11. Get Up
12. After All
13. Sands Of Time

Bonus Tracks Appearing on CD+DVD Deluxe Edition and Digital Version:

14. Can't Do Right For Doing Wrong (bonus track - new studio song)
15. If I Can't Have You (bonus track - new studio song)
16. Gonna Be Alright (X-Tendo Mix) (DVD audio track)
17. Sands Of Time (Radio Mix) (DVD audio track)
18. Shut Up And Kiss Me (Video Mix) (DVD audio track)

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Can't wait! I watched the vid last night on Sleaxeroxx. Good tune. Reminds me of Slip of the Tongue era.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Cool new video. Not bad for an old goat, Dave.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Adding Hoekstra was a good move, he and Reb play off each other well.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Agreed, a like Hoekstra and Beach together. I'm looking forward to this album!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Ya know, as I was reading MG's post, I was thinking what was the point in doing this. But then I watched that video. Wow! Good song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake   Whitesnake - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next