Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet

Go down 
+7
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
exact33
metalken
Olafsto
Eyesore
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Empty
PostSubject: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 am

I can't wait for this one!

Quote :
Sensory Records has announced the signing of CYNTHESIS. The band's debut album, "DeEvolution", is scheduled for release in the spring. The CD is currently being mixed by talented producer/engineer Dino Alden (Marty Friedman, Tony Macalpine, Vinnie Moore, ZERO HOUR). The artwork will be created by Dennis "Damn Engine" Sibeijn (EXODUS, DRAGONFORCE, LAMB OF GOD, HIM).

CYNTHESIS is an entirely new band of its own, which also reunites three of the original members of progressive metal purveyors ZERO HOUR — founding twin brothers Jasun and Troy Tipton and original vocalist Erik Rosvold — for the first time on a recording since the band's heralded 2001 album "The Towers of Avarice" and 2003's "Metamorphosis", both still considered landmark releases in the progressive metal community. After reaping massive critical acclaim from major international metal media, ZERO HOUR successfully toured Europe and performed at two different ProgPower USA festivals, the band parted ways with Erik Rosvold, disappointing diehard fans of the band across the globe.

In late 2007, Jasun began writing material for CYNTHESIS. As the music developed he could only imagine one vocalist to really connect to the material. "I've always been a fan of Erik's vocals and I knew his lyric-writing would be a perfect match for the material," explains Jasun. After one phone call Erik was brought into the fold. Rounding out the lineup on drums is longtime friend Sean Flanegan, who not only played on Jasun's 2000 instrumental release, "Night's Pulse", but is best known for his amazing work with prog-rock heroes ENCHANT.

Sure to be a label priority for the new year, "DeEvolution" tells the story of an elite group of leaders from a heavily industrialized city who find, brainwash and then exploit an indigenous tribes shaman, believing he would be the perfect supreme leader. By propping him up as possessing all the answers to societies ills the elites use him in order to gain and keep more control over the masses. They plan to influence the masses on several fronts: religion, media, consumerism, government. Jasun Tipton adds, "CYNTHESIS allows us to explore new creative venues which provides a deeper listen. The band is very proud of 'DeEvolution'."

CYNTHESIS is:

Jasun Tipton - Guitar, Keyboards
Troy Tipton - Bass
Erik Rosvold - Vocals
Sean Flanegan - Drums

For more information, viist www.myspace.com/cynthesisband.

Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Cynthesisband
Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet 11840

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Never heard of this band before, but that sample on their Myspace sounds great.
Looking forward to hear some more from the coming album..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Have you heard Zero Hour? If not, definitely check them out.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

No, but your review of them makes me want to... I have to go look for this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No, but your review of them makes me want to... I have to go look for this one.

Disregard the video. Waaaaaay low-budget. Haha. Killer song, though. Sucks that Troy, the bassist, may never play that way again. He's dealing with nerve/tendon damage, or something like that. Pretty severe.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 am

New song sample: http://www.lasersedgegroup.com/soundfiles/incision.mp3

Wicked!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 am

Well, I got my copy of the disc in the mail the other day and was I ever surprised with what I heard. I have read on other boards and sites that there were those out there who did not know why the Tipton boys did not just bring this out as the sixth Zero Hour disc; and after listening to this one a half dozen times or so, I can hear why. This is NOT a Zero Hour album.

I do not even know if I would call this a metal album. It is a pretty amazing modern prog rock record with some metallic splashes here and there.

Jasun is playing more refined and slower on this (for the most part) and has come up with some great riffs and highly melodic runs. Even his keyboard work is used a lot on this recording, even more so than the early ZH material. And he is writing some of his most emotive music that I have heard come up with.

As eyesore posted above, Troy has had major problems with his bass playing in the past few years due to a medical condition, so I was not expecting his trademark runs to be all over this, but not only were they present, perhaps his most ambitious work is on here.

Nice to hear Erik Rosvold's vocals again. I will say he sounds better here than he did 10 years ago with ZH. And his lyrics tell a fine full story that may or may not be telling of a future (present?) scenario.

Having never heard Enchant, I can say if this Sean fellow plays with even half the flair he does on here, that band has an incredible drummer. With a style far removed from Mike Guy, Sean has all the talent the afore mentioned ZH drummer has, yet a bit more subdued.

And this has got to be producer Dino Alden's best sounding production ever. Played this on two different stereos here at home, on the ipod, and on the so/so computer speakers, and it sounds amazing.

I thouroughly enjoy listening to this. It is a well paced album with as to be expected top notch musicianship. The songs are well written and very memorable with very strong melodies. As with all Tipton brothers releases, there is a ton going on here and I have yet to take even a tenth of it in. I see myself listening to this over and over for some time to come.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 am

Hell yeah! I have this on order. It should arrive early next week. Can't wait!

EDIT: This forum sucks my balls!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

I can honestly say that this has been my most listened to cd of this year so far. I was a little afraid I would get burnt out on it, but not even close yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Oh, it's awesome. Definitely in my top ten. And they recorded a follow-up called ReEvolution at the same time! Really looking forward to that one.

Still sad that Zero Hour is no more, though. Even if Cynthesis is similar in style.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:08 am

I am on the fence on this one. I like some of it but need to warm up on the rest.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 am

Erik Rosvold posted on the Zero Hour forum that all the tracks for ReEvolution are done. No mentioned of whether or not things need to mixed or mastered, or if done means done, but I'm excited either way.

DeEvolution, I think, is fantastic. I have high hopes for the follow-up.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 am

Sounds interesting. I might have to investigate a little more here.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:47 pm

New 9-minute track from the upcoming ReEvolution is streaming here:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=91689

Listening now, expecting awesomesauce! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Will check this out too!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Sounds pretty cool. Very talented guys.

I wonder if they have abandoned ZERO HOUR? I thought their recent stuff with that band was their best.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Sounds pretty cool. Very talented guys.

I wonder if they have abandoned ZERO HOUR? I thought their recent stuff with that band was their best.
As far as I know, they have. I don't quite understand why, though, as the band hasn't been all that forthcoming about it. It has something to do with Troy's injury and not being able to compose the music together. I don't know why Cynthesis and Abnormal Thought Patterns are different, though, as it sounds like Troy is back to form.

But maybe the stuff he did in Zero Hour was much more complicated, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah, I don't understand it at all either.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:19 am

Zero Hour also toured, so it might be that he is up to where he can ring in an album but a month-long tour might be too aggrevating...not sure.....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:38 pm

https://www.lasercd.com/node/9868

Available now! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Sounds pretty epic. Nice to see this lineup again.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Awesome!

...Great, now you've also got me browsing the blowout deals in the shop. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:34 am

So I've given ReEvolution a few spins...and it's fantastic, as expected. It took a bit to sink in, though. It's not particularly heavy or fast, rather leaning more on the mellow, more introspective side of things. I guess I expected something heavier. But man, it's great either way.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

I think I'm just gonna have to pick up a whole record, either one, it's been really tough for the Cynthesis stuff to sink in. It sort of makes me think of the Zero Hour debut where there are flashes of brilliance but the songs as a whole are, eh. I could totally be wrong so I'm gonna pick one of these up..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 pm

So it's been a long time since these guys did anything. Over two years ago they posted that vocals had been tracked for the third album, but that was the last thing they posted. No one even replied to comments people posted in the years since. Until today.

Looks like the third album will be completed, but there has been a delay. Not sure if was mentioned here, but Troy Tipton had dealt with some nerve issues, I believe, in his left arm. I remember them being hopeful he'd be able to continue to play, and they even did some Abnormal Thought Patters stuff after that, but I guess he is no longer able to play bass, and has doesn't done so in two years. That sucks. =(

"Hi guys! Here's an update as of now. I tracked the guitars and keys over 5 years ago. Erik went next and finished his vocal tracks a little over 2 years ago. We've been at a stand still since then but haveven the mindset of finishing the tracking. I'm getting lots of messages and all I can say is there will be a 3rd disc.... The one thing I can add is Troy is no longer playing bass and hasn't for 2 years now. I've given many details in the past about Troy'so left arm issue (and really just want to get beyond all that) I have talked to a very cool bass player in regards to helping us out with the 3rd disc. Sorry for the lack of updates and thanks guys!"

He's got another project going, though. It's called A Dying Planet. No samples or much of anything online, but I guess the album is complete and about to be mixed.

https://www.facebook.com/A-Dying-Planet-811051948999466

Should be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet   Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zero Hour/Death Machine/Cynthesis/Abnormal Thought Patterns/A Dying Planet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: