Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Austrian Death Machine

Go down 
+4
corplhicks
metalhead777
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

Austrian Death Machine Empty
PostSubject: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am

Is anyone a fan of these around here?

Just had my first listen of the new album 'Triple Brutal' and I'm well pleased. Been a fan of these since they released total brutal a few years back. It helps I'm a child of the 70's who grew up in the 80's and 90's loving all the classic Arnie flicks so the subject matter appeals.

I do think these guys deliver a great mix of old school thrash with a nice modern feel to it. Yeah I know Tim Lambesis has been a total dick head of late but I can't help but love the music and I'm glad the rest of the guys involved in this project managed to get the new album out despite all the stuff going on with Tim.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Wayne on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am

Really dig these guys. This is one that I will pick up.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Really enjoy them. Thrashy and generally fun.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Had 3 full listens of Triple brutal now and I love it. My favourite of the 3 albums they've done so far which is high praise as I love the other 2 albums. Prepare to be conquered and krom are stand out tracks for me along with I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 am

I've been enjoying this band recently (thanks to you guys); great, heavy, raw metal. Ironically, I ran across this today. Seems the band's Kickstarter opened up quite the pandora's box: http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/04/07/charity-supposed-receive-proceeds-new-austrian-death-machine-album-hasnt-even-contacted-band/

TL DR; proceeds haven't been donated to World Vision as promised, and fans aren't getting their pledge incentives.

EDIT: holy shit I forgot who Tim Lambesis was for a moment; had no idea this is his band. He's really riding the slippery slope.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
EDIT: holy shit I forgot who Tim Lambesis was for a moment; had no idea this is his band. He's really riding the slippery slope.

That awkward moment... when you realize that contributing  to a band's Kickstarter could potentially make you an accessory to attempted murder. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

I'll have to check these guys out. I assumed they were death metal and since I haven't really been delving into any new death metal, I just ignored it. However, if this is "thrash" as stated above, I'll have to check 'em out.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Seems like a bit of a one-trick pony to me, but to each his own. Doesn't the joke wear a little thin after the first song album?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:21 pm

It is a sideband, MG. A three trick pony now. I love the joke. It is a way better joke than As I Lay Dying....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:28 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
It is a sideband, MG.  A three trick pony now.  I love the joke.  It is a way better joke than As I Lay Dying....

I enjoy the first 2 S.O.D. albums in the same regard, but as they went on with Billy Milano, they kinda lost their charm. But hey, if you like 'em, have at 'em. I'm not here to poop in your bag of sunshine.

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Seems like a bit of a one-trick pony to me, but to each his own. Doesn't the joke wear a little thin after the first song album?

To be honest you could listen to any of the austrian death machine albums and not even take any notice of the lyrics as the music to my ears is quality. Great riffs, great solo's and for me the lyrics are a joke but pretty funny if you like Arnie films.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 pm

I loved the first album. For some reason I just didn't listen to the second as much. I did like the first sample I heard:
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Like it tons, dIg!! This band is a perfect mix of thrash with understandable Death vox. That is all I have ever asked for.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 pm

I think this Tim L dude has lost his mind somehow. There was a huge update on As I Lay Dying's website yesterday by the band...except it was written solely by Tim without the knowledge of the rest of the band! Wtf??

Story with band's response: http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/04/09/members-lay-dying-respond-mornings-statement/
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 am

Despite the really...odd music video, this song never gets old to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine   Austrian Death Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Austrian Death Machine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: