Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)

Go down 
+5
Dark Horseman
metalken
James B.
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Empty
PostSubject: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Check this out!

Quote :
ZERO HOUR, CYNTHESIS Members Join Forces In ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS

A trio of progressive metal enigmas, all core and founding members
of heralded technical act ZERO HOUR have formed a brand new outfit,
ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS, and are about to unleash their
recently-recorded debut EP.

Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Atp-e1320247887891

Formed by Northern California-based brothers Jasun and Troy Tipton
(both also of CYNTHESIS) and Mike Guy (Zero Hour), the instrumental act
is arguably the most mind-melting display of technical proficiency
from this closely-knit trio to date. Having performed together for
over eight years in a variety of well-known progressive metal acts,
Abnormal Thought Patterns fuse angular riffs, intricate time
signatures and intense solos, generally at a very high velocity,
constantly creating highly intense and invigorating song structures.
In order to complete the live sound, the trio recruited longtime
friend and talented guitarist Richard Sharman; a student of Jasun's
for many years and a great addition to the group.

Together these four gifted musicians have created a blazing self-titled
debut EP, which will see release on November 29th via the band's own,
newly-formed CynNormal Lab Recordings. The four-part epic 'Velocity
and Acceleration' and bass-only track 'Ulnar Nerve Damage' were mixed
by talented producer/engineer Dino Alden (MARTY FRIEDMAN, Zero Hour),
but due to Dino's carpal surgeries the band reached out to Matt
LaPlant (SIKTH, NONPOINT) to mix the tracks 'The Machine Within' and
'Electric Sun'. The EP was mastered by Alan Douches (BETWEEN THE
BURIED AND ME, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN) and the cover artwork
commissioned to Erick "Wurm" Pollard.

Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) 381692_271103829599773_160108597365964_883984_1105784560_n

Abnormal Thought Patterns EP tracklisting:

'The Machine Within'
'Velocity and Acceleration Movement 1'
'Velocity and Acceleration Movement 2'
'Velocity and Acceleration Movement 3'
'Velocity and Acceleration Movement 4'
'Ulnar Nerve Damage'
'Electric Sun'

Band lineup:

Jasun Tipon - Guitars, Keys
Troy Tipton - Bass
Mike Guy - Drums
Richard Sharman - Live Guitars
Zero Hour and Cynthesis kick so much ass! And these samples sound sick!

Send $8 (US) or $12 (International) to zhtowers@aol.com. Released date is 11/29, but pre-orders will ship sooner.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 am

Bump!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm

I wonder what is going on with ZERO HOUR (or Chris Salinas, who is an amazing singer).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I wonder what is going on with ZERO HOUR (or Chris Salinas, who is an amazing singer).
For now, Zero Hour is done.

Troy has nerve damage in one of his arms, which has apparently seriously affected his playing. But it's confusing. For instance:

Quote :
To be honest Troy and I have jammed only once since his Surgery. When we had that jam it was a set back for Troy. Troy, Mikey and I would always write together with ZH by jamming in the studio. Unfortunately we're not able to do that and it's impossible to do with Troy's problems. When I mentioned ZH in the past to Troy He'd say don't even speak to me about ZH. It's not easy because we've done ZH for a long time and we'll always have a love for ZH. Mikey and Chris are great people and great players so it's tough.

Troy isn't going to be playing Bass for awhile and will defiantly be taking the rest of the year off. He's overworked the muscle and if he plays on it he will get muscle atrophy. I hope this answers the question about ZH. We won't go back to ZH if Troy's not part of the writing process. If you see anyone asking about the status of ZH on the forum please feel free to let them know this info. I'm probably not going to answer this question on the forums unless ZH as a band has something to share to the listeners.

Troy has put down bass tracks for just about 2 CD's worth of material. He did 90 percent of the Cynthesis material and 100 percent of another batch of material. There was no jamming involved in regards to any of this material. I have a protools studio in my house and I just kept writting. I've written over 3 CD's worth of material and kept myself busy through this weird time. With all that said I'm very excited about the material that's been recorded.

Erik and Sean are awesome to have in Cynthesis. Amazing musicians.........We hope to have the Cynthesis material fully recorded soon and at some point have the business side taken care of so everyone can get a listen.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jasun
That's an older post from their forum, but Jasun posted this response to someone else in September:

Quote :
Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I don't get on the forums and message boards much these days. It's no secret that the main focus is Troy's health. He's not in any shape to write with Zero Hour. I don't feel it's a Zero Hour CD unless he's part of the writing process. Troy and I have only played music together in the same room 3 times since November of 2008 up to now.
That's the confusing part, because they've done the Cynthesis album and now this new EP, both of which are awesome and very much like Zero Hour. Troy's playing, as you can hear, is ridiculous! So why can't he play Zero Hour stuff? Is it that much more complex or something? This stuff sounds, to me, complex as hell!

So I don't know. Maybe I should ask. Either way, Cynthesis put out DeEvolution, and apparently only two songs need vocals on ReEvolution and then they'll begin mixing, so there's good stuff to look forward to.

Cynthesis has Erik Rosvold on vocals, for those who liked him best in Zero Hour. No idea what Salinas is up to now.

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:52 pm

New video:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

I feel really dumb when a new band is mentioned with members of other bands I have never heard of.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 am

James B. wrote:
I feel really dumb when a new band is mentioned with members of other bands I have never heard of.
They're not extremely well-known, unfortunately. =(
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 am

Fantastic release.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 am

I checked it out and the musicianship is great but straight instrumental albums lose my attention.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Avenger of Blood used to practice down the hall from these guys when we lived in the Bay Area still. Great guys and awesome musicianship!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I checked it out and the musicianship is great but straight instrumental albums lose my attention.
I used to feel the same way, but as I got older I learned to appreciate it more. The progressive stuff. I still can't listen to a lot of stuff like Vai and Satriani.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I used to feel the same way, but as I got older I learned to appreciate it more. The progressive stuff. I still can't listen to a lot of stuff like Vai and Satriani.

I dig instrumental stuff cause it reminds me of when we (musician friends) would get together and jam for hours on end.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:09 pm

New album soon!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 pm

yeah, I was about to say, I thought Troy still had a lot of healing to do. I'll probably check this out although I wasn't amazingly enthused by Cynthesis, but I'm a pretty big Zero Hour fan..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 am

Cynthesis sounds like Zero Hour to me. Abnormal Thought Patterns sounds like Zero Hour without vocals.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 pm

nah, there's nothing bad about Cynthesis, I'm just not like OH MAN. I felt that way about 'Dark Deceiver' too except for 'Inner Spirit' which is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 am

Quote :
Lifeforce Records has announced the signing of Northern Californian progressive metal instrumentalists ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS. The band's new album, "Manipulation Under Anesthesia", will be released in the spring.

In 2008, Jasun Tipton (guitars and keys) wrote and recorded the 12-minute instrumental "Velocity And Acceleration", the track that would ultimately lead to the founding of ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS. Upon hearing the song, Troy Tipton (bass) expressed his desire to put together an instrumental band. The Tipton brothers looked no further than longtime drummer and friend Mike Guy to provide the rhythmic foundation for ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS. The three members then headed to the studio and tracked seven songs for CynNormal Lab Recordings.

Prior to forming ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS, the trio was for many years the backbone of prog-metal powerhouses ZERO HOUR, releasing five albums, including the landmark 2001 epic "The Towers Of Avarice". The band landed ZERO HOUR gigs alongside such notable bands as OPETH, CYNIC, SYMPHONY X, ALL THAT REMAINS, THE HUMAN ABSTRACT and LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT, in addition to multiple successful European tours and three appearances at America's premier progressive metal festival, ProgPower USA. The Tipton brothers have also been guest columnists on the popular guitar enthusiast web site Chops From Hell, and have released two instructional videos.

Commented Lifeforce Records CEO about the signing: "It is definitely not the easiest to go through a huge pile of demos and nothing can better describe it than what Season Of Mist founder Michael Berberian just recently said '...That’s the equivalent of Mordor — a dark place where we don’t usually go unless we really have to.... However, I made my way through and it was that not very substantially looking demo that caught my attention after the first few tunes... Thank god (or whoever was responsible for) that I listen through pretty much everything being sent to Lifeforce... I'm still blown away by the sheer technicality these guys have in their fingers and I truly believe the Tiptons are guitar mutants! Smile"

Added Jasun Tipton: "We'd like to thank Lifeforce for this awesome opportunity. The band is very pleased with the new material as 'Manipulation Under Anesthesia' is truly the thoughts and sounds of ABNORMAL THOUGHT PATTERNS."
Lifeforce Records and Prosthetic Records are quickly becoming really good labels. I used to just ignore a lot of their releases, assuming it was screamo stuff. Not anymore.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm gonna have to get my hands on this release........and since it's instrumental, I can make up my own lyrics and sing along! Win-win!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I shall check it out, although for some reason it was a little difficult to get into where they were going on the Cynthesis project. I wonder how Troy is doing?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:03 am

New track!

headbanger

Sounds like Troy is doing better. Haha.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am

The ATP songs are amazing. More gorgeous prog!

And now I have a slew of bands to investigate because I too have never heard of any of them.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Start with Zero Hour. Amazing band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Glad Troy has recovered.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Troy rules. I always describe Zero Hour as Queensrÿche meets Meshuggah but not in a bad way. These are what I would pitch to the uninitiated (play em a few times):

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Listening to Metamorphosis now. Sick stuff. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)   Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abnormal Thought Patterns (feat. Members of Zero Hour/Cynthesis)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next