Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987

Go down 
+13
metalken
Hamer12
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
shamgar75
DallasBlack
powermacho
Wargod
Fat Freddy
manny
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:20 am

A few quick questions about the booklet information that has come with this release - I have never seen a % amount with regards to the publishing rights. Am I correct to assume that with 50% being the least involved Ronnie ever was in the songwriting process (Rainbow & Sabbath), it was more than likely his lyrics at the least, and perhaps his melodies on chorus' and the like at the most?

I had also never noticed the credits before on the Dio releases and was unaware at how much Jimmy Bain was a part of the early Dio sound. Does anyone here know exactly how his 35% was accomplished? Did he come up with putting all together Ronnie's various musical ideas? Did he come up with some of the riffs and melodies?

Why does Vivian have songwriting credit for Rainbow In The Dark yet no publishing rights? I guess a bigger question is, how do publishing rights work vs. songwriting credits?

And had no idea that Ronnie has sole songwriting credit for Holy Diver, Naked In The Rain, and Rock And Roll Children.

Besides all my questions, I also want to say that this is a total killer double set. Great recordings of a band firing on all chambers. I also will say that I like how Goldy does the Rainbow and Sabbath numbers more so than how Campbell did.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:54 am

Just saw this album at virgin yesterday night.

I love ronnie, but i'm hesitating to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2