Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987

Go down 
+13
metalken
Hamer12
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Planchaaaa
shamgar75
DallasBlack
powermacho
Wargod
Fat Freddy
manny
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Empty
PostSubject: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Ipnzgj

GREAT cover! Can't wait until this comes out! Good to hear Niji Entertainment is releasing even more studio and live Dio material even after this album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:33 pm

This is when they were in their prime. They were just ripping it up in their early performances with Viv.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm

2010 will go down as the year that we lost one of hard rock/heavy metal's all-time great vocalists, Ronnie James Dio (after a valiant battle with cancer).

Throughout a career that saw Ronnie pen or co-pen classics with such legendary acts as Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, and with his solo group, Dio, there are simply not enough words to describe the singer's contribution to rock music worldwide. And to celebrate the life of the man that has become synonymous with metal, several new releases will soon be arriving, that are certain to please Dio's large and loyal fanbase.

On November 9th, the double-disc set "Dio at Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987" will be released. The first disc was recorded at the first-ever U.K. performance by Dio's solo group, while on tour supporting their classic debut, "Holy Diver." And the setlist does a superb job reflecting Dio's debut (featuring such classics as "Rainbow in the Dark," "Stand Up And Shout," etc.), as well as classics from both Rainbow and Black Sabbath ("Man on the Silver Mountain," "Heaven and Hell," etc.) — resulting in a thorough retrospective of Dio's career, from Rainbow to Black Sabbath to solo hits.

The second disc of "Dio at Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987" features guitarist Craig Goldy's debut — recorded in 1987, in support of the "Dream Evil" album, and contains highlights from Dio's career.

The Niji Entertainment Group is a full-service record label, and will be releasing rare and unreleased recordings from Dio and other artists.

November 23rd will see two additional releases from the Niji Entertainment Group — a deluxe limited edition picture disc of Dio's classic solo debut, "Holy Diver," and "Bitten By The Beast" from David "Rock" Feinstein.

In 2011, the Niji Entertainment Group has many other Dio-related projects planned, including an extensive vinyl box set (an idea that Ronnie himself came up with), "For The Record: The Complete Dio Vinyl Collection," which will feature 16 LPs in a deluxe carrying case, with "all-access tour laminates" from every tour. All of the LPs will be on 180-gram colored vinyl. Also, being released for the first time on DVD will be "Super Rock Japan 1985" (which was only ever released in Japan on VHS). Another forthcoming DVD release will be a collection of every Dio MTV promotional video, plus live concert footage including bonus features, including interviews with Ronnie, his band, and crew. A Dio bootleg box set is on the horizon as well, featuring never-before-released sound board recordings and audience recordings. Other releases from the Niji Entertainment Group in 2011 will include all four Rainbow Dio-era LPs in their original gatefold sleeves on 180-gram colored vinyl, and all three Elf LPs will be issued on 180-gram colored vinyl. 2011 will also see deluxe reissues from Tim "Ripper" Owens, a fantastic new CD from Oni Logan (Lynch Mob vocalist), and Rowan Robertson (Dio guitarist), as well as live Elf.

Between Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, the Dio social media followers now numbers over one million.

The Niji Entertainment Group is in the process of starting the official Dio webstore, which will give fans worldwide opportunity to purchase t-shirts, limited edition items, and CDs/DVDs that fans have been requesting.

While Ronnie was alive, he always wanted to have his own action figure/statue. And now, this has become a reality — KnuckleBonz has created the Ronnie James Dio Rock Iconz statue, which will be available in late fall 2010. These statues are only produced in limited edition runs of 3,000, which make them highly collectible and sought-after from fans.

A portion from the sales of the Dio statue will go to the Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund, in honor of Ronnie James Dio. Pre-orders are available by visiting
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Sweet. Just imagine how many live tapes, outtakes/demos and other unused Dio recordings must be in those vaults. It'll be interesting to see what kind of other stuff comes out of this label/project down the road.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I read this a couple days ago, sweet!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 pm

I Am gettig what I can afford. Recently I bought a dream evil shirt from backstreetmusic, I guess it's not official
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Great to hear about this. I want to hear Dio live in his prime but all I have are the official releases from the late 90s-present and the live perormance I saw in 1998 (which I only remember vaguely).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Ooooh. That sounds really good. Can't wait.

Dio
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987   Dio - At Donington UK: Live 1983 & 1987 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:17 am

This is my most anticipated release of the year. I wish they were releasing the shows as a DVD, too. I'm not a huge fan of concert videos, but DIO at Donington in '83 would be like a time capsule filled with gold.

I've had the '83 show as an incomplete 'ok' sounding boot for years, and it's an amazing show.