Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
mr.electric39
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgU-bygBlvM

I'm not the Lizzy conosueir (spelling?) that some of you are. However when a buddy loaned me the "Live Life" double lp 20 years ago I taped it and played it till it broke. I found a 'Wounded Bird' cd release and bought it. Again I've played it for years... wish it was remasted and cleaned up...

This version of 'Jailbreak' kills.... enjoy...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Thin Lizzy rules. Such a shame that Phil passed on so early in life.

Thanks for posting the video.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Quote :
This version of 'Jailbreak' kills

It does indeed. Thank you very much. Jailbreak is the only Thin Lizzy album I've got. I love it and I guess it's because it was released the year I was born.afro

Sykes is the is the guitarist to our left? I saw him, Scott Gorham and the Twisted Sister bass player(!?) (I don't remember the drummer's name) six or seven years ago at Rockefeller in Oslo playing (even calling themselves:x ) Thin Lizzy. I think Sykes did the singing.

Quote :
Such a shame that Phil passed on so early in life.

I can't remember what year he passed away. Not very long after 83, was it? My uncle went to a Gary More concert at Drammenshallen (ever been there, kmorg?) right after it happened, and naturally parts of it became a Phil Lynott tribute...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thin Lizzy rules. Such a shame that Phil passed on so early in life.

Thanks for posting the video.

You're welcome. I dig finding cool stuff like this and posting it...
Phil's lyrics trully are story telling. Their musical style is different and they rocked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 6:51 am

yes, THIN LIZZY were great, specialy the last years of the band(between 1979 and 1983 in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 6:04 pm

I watched this concert on VH1 classic, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Hauftussen: Yes, I've been to Drammenshallen, but only once, and it was some sort of Gospel gala. I don't remember what bands were there, but I remember going home with Sacred Warrior - Master's Command on vinyl ;D

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 7:25 am

[quote="Haugtussen"]
Quote :

Sykes is the is the guitarist to our left? I saw him, Scott Gorham and the Twisted Sister bass player(!?) (I don't remember the drummer's name) six or seven years ago at Rockefeller in Oslo playing (even calling themselves:x ) Thin Lizzy. I think Sykes did the singing.

There is also a live album released under the name of Thin Lizzy, where John Sykes does the vocals. Very good one, a tribute band to Thin Lizzy by former band members.
Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video 374582

[quote="Haugtussen"]
Quote :

Quote :
Such a shame that Phil passed on so early in life.
I can't remember what year he passed away. Not very long after 83, was it?

It was 4. January 1986
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:55 am

[quote="ghost"]
Haugtussen wrote:
Quote :

There is also a live album released under the name of Thin Lizzy, where John Sykes does the vocals. Very good one, a tribute band to Thin Lizzy by former band members.
Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video 374582

That's not the Twisted Sister bass player (Mark Mendoza)...it's Marco Mendoza (who played with Whitesnake recently as well as on the Soul SirkUS album w/ Jeff Scott Soto & Neal Schon)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:18 am

Quote :
kmorg wrote: Yes, I've been to Drammenshallen, but only once, and it was some sort of Gospel gala. I don't remember what bands were there, but I remember going home with Sacred Warrior - Master's Command on vinyl ;D

Probably "Rockegallaen". The first one I attended was in '89, I think, the last to be held in Drammenshallen. Bjørn Eidsvåg & Charlotte Höglund didn't interest me much, but I bought Vengeance - Human Sacrifice on cassette, and even though my ears were aching and ringing (I wasn't used to loud sound), I had to listened to it when I got back home that night. It blew mw away!

Quote :
ghost wrote: There is also a live album released under the name of Thin Lizzy, where John Sykes does the vocals. Very good one, a tribute band to Thin Lizzy by former band members.

The angry emoticon wasn't supposed to be there: I really enjoyed the tribute concert, and of course they don't fool anyone, since all Thin Lizzy fans know that Phil Lynott is dead. (And thank you for:
Quote :
It was 4. January 1986
)

Quote :
Shawn of Fire wrote: That's not the Twisted Sister bass player (Mark Mendoza)...it's Marco Mendoza (who played with Whitesnake recently as well as on the Soul SirkUS album w/ Jeff Scott Soto & Neal Schon)...

The name Mendoza obviously means trouble to me:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video   Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy Live Jailbreak 1983 video
Page 1 of 1