Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you want in the next Priest album?

Go down 
+27
Alex Dee Rokket
Dave the Boss
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
Wayne
JBall_Z
Lurideath
fingers
stormspell
nevermore
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
sheets
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Approval Guy
manny
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
Fat Freddy
onrypt
Troublezone
mc666
Jesusandmetal23
Ben Grimm
Gilbert
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:53 pm

A good classic Priest album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 am

Something catchy like British Steel mixed with the aggression of Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:10 am

Gilbert wrote:

Simply, i just want another painkiller headbanger

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 am

Gilbert wrote:

I just want speed, aggression and Rob's demonic screams.

Nothing like Nostradamus
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:42 pm

I agree on the aggression part. A Painkiller 2 would be awesome. But if they can write anything like they did on Defenders of the Faith or Screaming for Vengeance I'd be a very happy guy as well. None of this orchestra crap like the last one.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:50 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
early 80s 90s style and old classic catchy songs.

I'd say late seventies early eighties. Something like "Hellbent For Leather" thru "Defenders Of The Faith" era Priest. Great riffs, great melodies, big hooks, and an awesome twin guitar attack. And with Scott Travis on drums it would be killer.

Halford's Resurrection CD seemed to capture the Priest sound I like fairly well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

JBall_Z wrote:

Halford's Resurrection CD seemed to capture the Priest sound I like fairly well.

That would be the best pocket for them. RESURRECTION was the best Priest album that Priest never made. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

That would be the best pocket for them. RESURRECTION was the best Priest album that Priest never made. Laughing

It really was. Halford's solo stuff was ok most of the time but Resurrection is something I enjoy again and again. It was akin to keith Richards Talk is Cheap - the best Stones album that the Stones never made.

Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 am

I would like them to write a good honest, Judas Priest album.

Judas priest are responsible for some of the greatest heavy metal albums ever and for their next release i'd like them to remember this and do what comes naturally.

I don't want them to write an album that they think will be in vogue or what they think the fans want. I also don't want them to indulge themselves like they did with Nostradamus. I simply want to hear what Judas Priest are best known for, powerful aggressive riffs, screaming vocals and superb solo's.

I did like Nostradamus but when I first heard it it sounded like Nightwish with a male singer lol. It took some time to grow on me as it was quite far removed from what I expected but I do still listen to it occasionally.

Personally I think they should all lock themselves in a room for a week and listen to nothing but Blood of the Nations by Accept to remind them what heavy metal really does sound like Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:42 pm

I just want them to have better production. The drums always sound like crap. It sounds like a machine rather than real drums. The guitars sound like weed wackers. Of course I want good songs too, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with Nostradameus except the sound. Their a big band with the worst sounding albums I don't get it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm

If they can come close to what Accept released I'd be happy!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:52 am

fingers wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I just want speed, aggression and Rob's demonic screams.

Nothing like Nostradamus

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:45 am

Nostradamus did nothing for me either. I thought Angel of Retribution was good, but nothing really special. Let's hope they'll make another killer record this time.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 am

Turbo Pt 2.

hahahah

at least it beats saying Painkiller and Screaming For Vengeance all the time...

of course none will happen - Priest should release whatever they deem fit. As long as it's good I'll listen to it , otherwise there's always the classic Priest albums to go back to and other bands out there to check out.

It doesn't really matter what I want them to record because ultimately they'll record whatever they want.

As for them doing Painkiller 2 I don't see it. It's been nearly 20 years since that album came out and Priest have never repeated the same style on any album. They've had ample opportunity to revisit the Painkiller sound by now - fact is they've always wanted to explore something new. The most we'll ever get is songs that may have similar elements to Painkiller and there have been a few of those both on Angel of Retribution and Nostradamus.

As for what Priest would have sounded like had Halford not left the band - most likely still something like Fight's War of Words. I highly doubt Priest would have returned with an album continuing the Painkiller sound - if there's one thing to notice about Priest is that they always kept up with the times and with what was considered "modern metal" at the time. In fact there is even an interview with Glen and KK from around the Painkiller era where they say that future Priest albums (referring to future 90s Priest albums) would reflect what was the current sound in metal at the time.

Adding to that, Halford was also quite taken with Pantera's heavier sound in the early 90s and from what I understand envisioned Priest going in a heavier direction in that vein. If that is the case, Fight's two albums make perfect sense.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Turbo Pt 2.

hahahah

at least it beats saying Painkiller and Screaming For Vengeance all the time...

of course none will happen - Priest should release whatever they deem fit. As long as it's good I'll listen to it , otherwise there's always the classic Priest albums to go back to and other bands out there to check out.

It doesn't really matter what I want them to record because ultimately they'll record whatever they want.

As for them doing Painkiller 2 I don't see it. It's been nearly 20 years since that album came out and Priest have never repeated the same style on any album. They've had ample opportunity to revisit the Painkiller sound by now - fact is they've always wanted to explore something new. The most we'll ever get is songs that may have similar elements to Painkiller and there have been a few of those both on Angel of Retribution and Nostradamus.

As for what Priest would have sounded like had Halford not left the band - most likely still something like Fight's War of Words. I highly doubt Priest would have returned with an album continuing the Painkiller sound - if there's one thing to notice about Priest is that they always kept up with the times and with what was considered "modern metal" at the time. In fact there is even an interview with Glen and KK from around the Painkiller era where they say that future Priest albums (referring to future 90s Priest albums) would reflect what was the current sound in metal at the time.

Adding to that, Halford was also quite taken with Pantera's heavier sound in the early 90s and from what I understand envisioned Priest going in a heavier direction in that vein. If that is the case, Fight's two albums make perfect sense.

Logic
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am

Ripper on vocals! insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 am

I want a "Buy One Get One Free" coupon from Arby's in my next Priest album. Make it happen.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I want a "Buy One Get One Free" coupon from Arby's in my next Priest album. Make it happen.

would you settle for a concert ticket from last years Nostradameus tour??

Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Just listened to Nostradameus.
It sucked.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:16 pm

I already have Painkiller and Screaming for Vengeance.

I want something new. Something they haven't done before.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Lari wrote:
I already have Painkiller and Screaming for Vengeance.

I want something new. Something they haven't done before.

I agree. I dont think painkiller 2 would really work..

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:39 am

Approval Guy wrote:
Just listened to Nostradameus.
It sucked.

I had the same feeling on my first listen.

Give it a couple of more spins. You'll end up liking it.

But it's not what i want priest to repeat ever.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 am

I like Nostradameus.
And i want a Christmas album from Priest next What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 am

Any news about the new priest album?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am

Gilbert wrote:
Any news about the new priest album?

They have been silent about any news for a few months now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you want in the next Priest album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next