Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest

Go down 
+29
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
metalinmyveins
stormspell
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
brokentulsa
Boris2008
chewie
nevermore
the sentinel
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
DevZor
iamrockerfun
Thelemech
Temple of Blood
Glower
Witchfinder
Wurthless
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
MetallicSeminarian
James B.
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best tune on the Painkiller album by Priest
"Painkiller"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap49%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
"Hell Patrol"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"All Guns Blazing"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
"Leather Rebel"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
"Metal Meltdown"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Night Crawler"
 5% [ 2 ]
"Between the Hammer & the Anvil"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap10%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
"A Touch of Evil"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap15%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
"Battle Hymn" (Instrumental)
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"One Shot at Glory"
Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_lcap8%Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 am

Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest 220px-Judaspainkiller

Released on September 3, 1990.
Recorded Jan-March 1990, Miraval Studios, Correns, France and Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, Netherlands.
Produced by Judas Priest and Chris Tsangarides.

Personnel- Rob Halford – lead vocals, Glenn Tipton – rhythm and lead guitar,
K.K. Downing – rhythm and lead guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Scott Travis – drums.
Additional Musician- Don Airey- keyboards on "Touch Of Evil"

The Tunes...
"Painkiller"
"Hell Patrol"
"All Guns Blazing"
"Leather Rebel"
"Metal Meltdown"
"Night Crawler"
"Between the Hammer & the Anvil"
"A Touch of Evil"
"Battle Hymn" (Instrumental)
"One Shot at Glory"

Another album I am totally unfamiliar with besides what is on the Metal Works box set. Those songs were seemingly aggressive, but somewhat pretentious. It would have been more believable if recorded after "Defenders" than what came across as a last ditch effort at whatever they were trying to accomplish.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 10:55 am

I truly like every song on this album, but I have to give it to the title track.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 am

Painkiller was the last JP album I bought. Just couldn't get into that much. I think my musical tastes were changing at that time. "A Touch Of Evil" is superb, though. I like the little touch of keyboards in it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am

I love this album, has a special place in my memories.

I love almost all songs, but the vote goes for One Shot At Glory.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 am

Man, this one's tough. Every track is really good, but I think my vote's gonna go to Leather Rebel. Runner up would have likely been A Touch of Evil.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:37 am

This is in my top three Priest albums. My favorite track is the title cut. "Metal Meltdown" is also a favorite.

I take a different view on why this album sounds the way it does, rather than just the "this is a thrash sellout album." One big reason is Priest upgraded their drummer in a huge way and that changed their sound. Mostly, I think they album is so aggressive because the band was completely pissed off after the absurdity that was the subliminal message trial. This album is a big middle finger to that whole episode.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 am

They released this record on my 26th birthday !
Touch Of Evil - Anne Rice would love the song - very vampirish -
right up there with Love Bites - "YOUR POSSESSING ME" - what a yell !!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 1:08 pm

"Painkiller" = best metal song of all-time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 pm

I just listen to this instead...

Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest 61o4UsYe9nL._SY355_
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm

The title track.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:35 pm

voted for opener, but i like 1st 3 songs. rest is average. always skipping.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 3:11 pm

I love painkiller, this album is just badass. Voted for the title track. It's a classic.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 4:32 pm

S.D. wrote:

?

apples and oranges.

Both are great. Thundersteel is more musically cliché, a bit more hard rock/less aggressive, and under-produced.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Thelemech wrote:
The title track.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Good album , but the best song on it is the title track.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 7:00 pm

After my very first complete listen...

Too many bridges that clash, choruses that suck and a drummer utilizing pretty much the same patterns used in Racer X.  The exception being "One Shot At Glory". Thus my vote headbanger

My opinion

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Painkiller" = best metal song of all-time

This Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest 604261

Not a weak track on the album, in my opinion.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 pm

One of the best metal albums ever! There's no weak songs IMO. That being said, I went with "Between the Hammer and the Anvil".
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Love this whole album. It was the Priest album that put them at the top for me. I voted for the title track as it just smokes! But tunes like Leather Rebel, Hell Patrol, and Metal Meltdown are just angry and fierce and could have easily been my choice. Battle Hymn/ One Shot at Glory are an excellent combo (much like Hellion/ Electric Eye) and get my dark horse vote. No doubt a huge part of the change in sound was Scott Travis and I feel like he gave the boys a shot in the arm.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Love this album!! The title cut gets my vote just by a very slim margin over Between The Hammer And The Anvil.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 9:50 pm

Touch Of Evil for me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

?

apples and oranges.

Both are great.  Thundersteel is more musically cliché, a bit more hard rock/less aggressive, and under-produced.

What do you mean by under-produced? I think it sounds great (apart from the vocals which are a bit much for my taste)
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:01 am

"A Touch of Evil"
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 am

"Between the hammer..." mostly for the solo. Average album overall tbh.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 am

Title track.

Incredible song. Screaming metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest   Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune on the Painkiller album by Priest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next