Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Labrie (New solo album)

Go down 
+10
Ben Grimm
Metal Misfit
nevermore
DallasBlack
chewie
mc666
Smindas
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

James Labrie (New solo album) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just now got Static Impulse...it's really good...I like it so far better than the last few DT records...

Yeah, James' last two solo albums put many of DT's albums to shame (Black Clouds being an exception IMO-certainly better than Octavaium and Sytematic Chaos).

I think that with his solo albums he focuses more on the songwriting then musicianship. He has more input with his solo albums. With Dream Theater he pretty much takes it in the rump....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:21 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just now got Static Impulse...it's really good...I like it so far better than the last few DT records...

Yeah, James' last two solo albums put many of DT's albums to shame (Black Clouds being an exception IMO-certainly better than Octavaium and Sytematic Chaos).

I think that with his solo albums he focuses more on the songwriting then musicianship. He has more input with his solo albums. With Dream Theater he pretty much takes it in the rump....

He kinda said that (alluded to it) in a recent interview...but on this new album, he says, he had more input and was there during the music writing offering suggestions...we'll see how it sounds.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He kinda said that (alluded to it) in a recent interview...but on this new album, he says, he had more input and was there during the music writing offering suggestions...we'll see how it sounds.

If that's true, there may have been a little fillabustering going on when Portnoy was there. After all one of the first signs of bad blood between Portnoy and DT was a comment made in regards to LaBrie:

Quote :
"I was willing to ignore that the DT guys insisted all MP related stuff be removed from DT.net.... but then on Monday reading the Blabbermouth headlines with James insensitively proclaming they are "not sad at all"... about my departure from DT, I cannot in "happy" standing promote his
solo tour....
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Labrie (New solo album)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2