Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Labrie (New solo album)

Go down 
+10
Ben Grimm
Metal Misfit
nevermore
DallasBlack
chewie
mc666
Smindas
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

James Labrie (New solo album) Empty
PostSubject: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 am

Long time and current Dream Theater vocalist looks to be releasing a new solo album next month. From the sound of it, it is pretty heavy and at time melodic death metal. I will be getting this...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144982

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 am

Oooffa. Is that James doing the harsh vocals too? Not for me. Pass.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:36 am

No its not...it's the drummer for Darkane, I believe...who is also playing drums if I remember right. And I'm sure this'll just be on one song and it not indicitive of the whole album...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 pm

I heard this song a couple of weeks back and I was really surprised by it. Will definitely check out the entire album.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

sounds good. James's solo stuff isn't far removed from Dream Theater (with exception of some of the vox in this song), so i'm sure i'll like it.

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I liked his Mullmuzzler albums way back when....hmmm.... I should listen to them again. I'll have to hear more from this new one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:18 pm

The last one was one of the best porgressive metal albums in a long time IMO, so I am looking forward to this one (just ordered it from Amazon).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm

He's also going to be doing a tour in support of this album.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:15 pm

So if Labrie can do a solo album/tour... what was the big deal about Portnoy wanting DT to take a break since they're obviously doing that now anyway?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
So if Labrie can do a solo album/tour... what was the big deal about Portnoy wanting DT to take a break since they're obviously doing that now anyway?
Portnoy wanted Dream Theater to stop so he could do other things. Labrie has always worked around DT's schedule.

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Does anybody have this? Any good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm waiting to see if I can snag the version with bonus tracks. Labrie's solo stuff is great, though.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 pm

new JLB solo album totally ROCKS ! i love it. that's what i'm talkin bout. it had to be in Dream Theater.
it's slowy, speedy, metally, rockie, catchy, ... etc. like it a lot. love JLB voice on this plate, clean, pure.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:29 pm

This was just report on Facebook by Heavy Metal Thunder Radio:
special presentation: this Friday at 8:00PM EST, we will feature the interview with James LaBrie from Dream Theater. You cannot miss what he has to say about the latest Portnoy issue (Portnoy deleted all the threads regarding LaBrie solo album and tour and accused LaBrie of being unsensitive among other things a couple of hours ago on his forum) and also in the interview James announced when they will announce who will be the new Dream Theater drummer. Be sure to don't miss it ONLY on www.metalmessiahradio.com
This were latests Mike Portnoy expressions when fans asked why he deleted some threads promoting James LaBrie solo tour: ""I was willing to ignore that the DT guys insisted all MP related stuff be removed from DT.net.... but then on Monday reading the Blabbermouth headlines with James insensitively proclaming they are "not sad at all"... about my departure from DT, I cannot in "happy" standing promote his
solo tour....
I am so sad it comes to this, but I am even more shocked and hurt my James completely disrespectful quote"

Dream Drama

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm

I remember reading that 'Not sad at all' quote and thought it was a bit shitty, but I'd assume LaBrie probably didn't mean it quite like that.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Nice - gonna have to listen to this when I have some time and $
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 am

Was Portnoy expecting DT to be depressed and mourning his leaving? Anyeay, this is a great album and is a good follow up tp Elements Of Persuation (though not as good). The death vocals are in several songs but usually only in a chorus or as back up vocals.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:44 pm

this is his best solo effort yet. glad to hear he keeps going heavier.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 pm

I've come to the conclusion that this is not really a prog metal album and has more in common with the new Pretty Maids album than anything DT or other prog bands have released. Either way still a supurb albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
No its not...it's the drummer for Darkane, I believe...who is also playing drums if I remember right. And I'm sure this'll just be on one song and it not indicitive of the whole album...
There's a lot of harsh vocals on the album. Plenty of clean singing, too, but it's definitely got more in common with melodic death metal (though not so extreme) than anything LaBrie has done before. It's sort of like LaBrie joined Soilwork.

I really dig it, though. I was a little shocked when I first heard it. Apparently I didn't read the anything else in this thread. Haha.
Back to top Go down
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:04 pm

NOT SAD AT ALL?

LMAO Laughing very hard That is the best! Portnoy can QQ harder he obviously has been causing some sort of unnecessary greif to DT. Seriously if you want to quit your band of 20 years to be in another band basically how can you not expect this? I'd be pissed too. I know I am probably the 1000th person to say that. But I just don't get out anymore. Anyways,

Liquid Tension Experiment FTW hooray!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Only one song on the whole album that I am not a big fan of, one of the best albums this year
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm

RiseAndFall wrote:
NOT SAD AT ALL?

LMAO Laughing very hard That is the best! Portnoy can QQ harder he obviously has been causing some sort of unnecessary greif to DT. Seriously if you want to quit your band of 20 years to be in another band basically how can you not expect this? I'd be pissed too. I know I am probably the 1000th person to say that. But I just don't get out anymore. Anyways,

Liquid Tension Experiment FTW hooray!
Wasn't quite as simple as that, cowboy. He didn't want to quit; he wanted to take a break. And according to countless DT fans, they've become rather stale over the past few albums. So maybe he had a point?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 am

I just now got Static Impulse...it's really good...I like it so far better than the last few DT records...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just now got Static Impulse...it's really good...I like it so far better than the last few DT records...

Yeah, James' last two solo albums put many of DT's albums to shame (Black Clouds being an exception IMO-certainly better than Octavaium and Sytematic Chaos).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Labrie (New solo album)   James Labrie (New solo album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Labrie (New solo album)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next