Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lemmy doing a solo album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Lemmy doing a solo album Empty
PostSubject: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Quote :
Lemmy Kilmister is working on a solo album that includes collaborations with Dave Grohl, Joan Jett, The Damned and others.

“I’m three-quarters of the way though a solo album right now,” Lemmy told SF Weekly.

“I’ve got two tracks with The Damned, two tracks with [German hard-rock band] Skew Siskin, one with Joan Jett, one with Dave Grohl and two with the Reverend Horton Heat.

“So I’ve got quite a mixed bag on there. I’m trying to get one with Skin from Skunk Anansie.”

No word on a release date as yet.

from Classic Rock

Im curious on the Dave Grohl and Joan Jett tracks
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Technically would'nt the entire Motorhead catalog be "Lemmy solo albums?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Technically you could say that but I just C&P the article what grabbed my attention was the inclusion of Joan Jett Im not surprised Grohl is involved as theyre friends.

But as far as solo albums go Im still waiting for Cherie Currie's to come out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Technically would'nt the entire Motorhead catalog be "Lemmy solo albums?"

I don't think so. Aside from some lineup changes in the late 80s and early 90s, Motorhead has been fairly consistent as a "band" all that time. He's had the same lineup now since 1995 which is a LONG time in the world of hard rock/metal.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:05 pm

He's been working on this solo album for some time now. I remember reading about it awhile back and he said he works on it a little at a time whenever he (or the folks he's working with) has the opportunity. Just sounds like now it getting closer to completetion.

As with just about anything Lemmy releated, I'm looking forward to hearing it. Seeing what he does with the HeadCat rockabilly project, it'll be interesting to see what form this solo album takes. Will it sound like Motorhead out-takes? Will it be more rockabilly or roots-rock? Punkier? Who knows?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

I did a thread on Motorhead on FB and had forgotten how good and funny some of his lyrics are, IMO underrated lyricist and this maybe going against popular opinion but I prefer Phil Campbell and Mickey Dee line up, then the classic Philthy Taylor and Fast Eddie Clarke line up
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Little more info...

Quote :
If you're that far along on the solo album, do you see that coming out this year or next year?

It'll probably be next year, 'cause we're working a lot this year. But maybe it'll be this year. I don't know. It depends on how fast I can get the last few tracks done after we finish this tour.

Who else do you have slated for the album other than Skin that you still need to get tracks from?

Well, the original idea for this solo album I got from Jeff Beck. And he's the only one I haven't been able to nail down to do the f*cking track, which is typical of Jeff. He's always the same. He'd rather be under a car covered in gasoline than playing his guitar.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Little more info...

Quote :
If you're that far along on the solo album, do you see that coming out this year or next year?

It'll probably be next year, 'cause we're working a lot this year. But maybe it'll be this year. I don't know. It depends on how fast I can get the last few tracks done after we finish this tour.

Who else do you have slated for the album other than Skin that you still need to get tracks from?

Well, the original idea for this solo album I got from Jeff Beck. And he's the only one I haven't been able to nail down to do the f*cking track, which is typical of Jeff. He's always the same. He'd rather be under a car covered in gasoline than playing his guitar.

Damn get Jeff Beck's ass in the studio pronto!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lemmy doing a solo album   Lemmy doing a solo album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lemmy doing a solo album
Page 1 of 1